TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

17 hours ago, Armo1000 said:

Shame about the mags. I have one of the newer ICS MP5A5s (CES-P model), with the etu and short stroke trigger and have found it an excellent, high quality gun. Recommend them, and much cheaper than the TM. Saying that, seeing these new TM MP5 has really tempted me to one of their SDs though. However the thought of buying a totally new set of mags when i already have over 10 standard MP5 mags really puts me off sadly. If they made mag converters like they do for their M4 mags, it might tip me over the fence. 

ICS CES-P isn't an EBB ofc it's cheaper.

56 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

Woohoo it's arrived from airsoft competitions today.

But what on God's green earth is that battery connector all about. There's me sat with a bunch ofn7.4v lipos all wired to deans and going.....huh

20240131_145408.jpg

Welcome to MR30. It's time to solder. 🙃

26 minutes ago, Krisz said:

ICS CES-P isn't an EBB ofc it's cheaper.

Welcome to MR30. It's time to solder. 🙃

Whats best though. resolder battery conectors ro mr30 or cut off the mini tamiya from the gun adapter and solder a deans onto it. If so...Any idea which side is positive and which is negative as both wires are black!

44 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

Whats best though. resolder battery conectors ro mr30 or cut off the mini tamiya from the gun adapter and solder a deans onto it. If so...Any idea which side is positive and which is negative as both wires are black!

Yeah. Get the slimmest 7.4v Li-Po for a starter. Solder female MR30 to it. From that point on you don't need the stock adapter because the gun is male MR30. (It's actually called AMASS MR30).

I made an mr30 to deans adapter as well so I can charge it from my B6.

Your Marui MR30 to tamiya adapter tells you the polarity when you plug it into your battery. But if you search here someone put some nice pictures about it ages ago that's how I did mine. If you did everything right it should look like this. It's a bitch to solder it though at least compared to deans.

IMG_20240131_171807.jpg

Edited by Krisz

4 hours ago, ghostwalker said:

Woohoo it's arrived from airsoft competitions today.

But what on God's green earth is that battery connector all about. There's me sat with a bunch ofn7.4v lipos all wired to deans and going.....huh

20240131_145408.jpg

Put a deans on the gun... bend the middle wire back remove the bare conductor bit and heat shrink it to one of the others. Connect the other two to the Deans

From the above it looks like the single of the 3 connectors is the positive. Should be able to confirm from the battery you have..

Edited by Sewdhull

well i have safely rewired the tamiya connector to deans and so far not blown the gun, the battery or myself up. All good so far.

Its a shamme the tm200rd mags dont activate the cut off though.

24 minutes ago, jem said:

Anyone else have trouble getting the butt plate off their MP5A4?

following both Marui's manual and this video where it looks easy. Are they just super stiff at first?

Might have answered my own question...seems this doesn't apply to the NGRS and you in fact just take the pin out that holds the stock on, and fit it in there. Duh.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to find a retailer selling 7.4 lipos with a mr30 connector but it's rated at 60c.... is this safe? Or do I need to stick to 30c max? TIA

4 hours ago, u6c2 said:

Managed to find a retailer selling 7.4 lipos with a mr30 connector but it's rated at 60c.... is this safe? Or do I need to stick to 30c max? TIA

Eagle6 were doing MP5 compatible batteries with the MR30 connector.  I did ask them if they'd also supply a conversion cable back to Deans (for charging), but they never replied.

4 hours ago, u6c2 said:

No need to worry about too high a C rating. They are unreliable 

Thanks all for the replies. 

Is anyone rocking the extended mag release for their MP5? I have read that the cyma one will fit, which would be ideal since its a lot cheaper and still made from metal. Or do I need to cough out for a specially made one? 

I can measure my mag release (cyma mp5) if you want, you measure yours and compare?

The TM one has two grub screws the others have one.

The TM one is an anodized machined aluminium part ( maybe cast or from a lump) and the others, mim.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2024 at 14:51, u6c2 said:

Thanks all for the replies. 

Is anyone rocking the extended mag release for their MP5? I have read that the cyma one will fit, which would be ideal since its a lot cheaper and still made from metal. Or do I need to cough out for a specially made one? 

Do you mean this?…

WiiTech CNC part, two little grub screws to secure it. Works really well for fast mag changes.. just push forward with trigger finger to release 👍🏻 

IMG_6091.thumb.jpeg.eac73ddc0c6c9c488f711cbd60034761.jpegDF666BCF-C187-4219-8302-49730CA4C7C0.thumb.jpeg.8c1a094f3908aff757f4a94f7a02e571.jpeg