TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

Is the implication not that the outer tube of the fake can can go back on and cover the tracer?

yeah the fake tube sits over the tracer as long as you remove the foam from inside it. it's 3 pieces of foam and I needed to remove 2 of them for the blaster tracer to fit. 

1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

yeah the fake tube sits over the tracer as long as you remove the foam from inside it. it's 3 pieces of foam and I needed to remove 2 of them for the blaster tracer to fit. 

Just caught your edit with the photo, that's great information to have. There seems to be so little out there in regard to the SD, seems like a great feature which I had precisely zero idea existed!

Follow up question which I suspect is more for @JimFromHorshamlooking at his pile of bits. Do you happy to know/would you be willing to see how the extended picatinny into mlok top mounts sit on the SD. I imagine it's exactly the same as the A5, with the upper receivers/front end being the same in regard but measure twice cut once and all that. Toying with using one of those in combination with an Arisaka Offset to push a torch up front without needing to mount to the suppressor. In my head it works, albeit a tad goofy... but that's half the fun with SDs, especially when jubilee clips aren't an (convenient) option given where the battery lives!

17 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Just caught your edit with the photo, that's great information to have. There seems to be so little out there in regard to the SD, seems like a great feature which I had precisely zero idea existed!

Follow up question which I suspect is more for @JimFromHorshamlooking at his pile of bits. Do you happy to know/would you be willing to see how the extended picatinny into mlok top mounts sit on the SD. I imagine it's exactly the same as the A5, with the upper receivers/front end being the same in regard but measure twice cut once and all that. Toying with using one of those in combination with an Arisaka Offset to push a torch up front without needing to mount to the suppressor. In my head it works, albeit a tad goofy... but that's half the fun with SDs, especially when jubilee clips aren't an (convenient) option given where the battery lives!

I actually took these a few weeks ago for another member on here who asked the same question :)

Whilst it doesn’t 100% line up with the cocking handle slot it does still function perfectly fine :)7F49550C-708C-4ACC-BBEF-2C0B2656B7D1.jpeg.bb2dfe2bf701a305af2e0287b93be39a.jpeg5341CEFD-0464-42BE-975D-576B54A8E7F4.jpeg.ca4519a966e79a17ddc03e0837a91f2f.jpeg78FB2C78-F041-431A-965D-50CDD26EACC4.jpeg.02781db239882af3b34c19550228016f.jpeg17AFE4A6-AC22-4444-8DF1-FE1161B2D80D.jpeg.389ee97c4c26107ea7c67cd4db952506.jpegA32B6AB7-436B-43C2-90D4-0AF7B6997AC6.jpeg.a5509b4014e44c5d267f14baa120dc65.jpeg

hope that helps :)

Funnily enough I asked Jim the same thing before I brought mine!

It fits, cocking handle locks back fine but it just falls short of seating properly.

*Beat me too it.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

2 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

I actually took these a few weeks ago for another member on here who asked the same question :)

Whilst it doesn’t 100% line up with the cocking handle slot it does still function perfectly fine :)7F49550C-708C-4ACC-BBEF-2C0B2656B7D1.jpeg.bb2dfe2bf701a305af2e0287b93be39a.jpeg5341CEFD-0464-42BE-975D-576B54A8E7F4.jpeg.ca4519a966e79a17ddc03e0837a91f2f.jpeg78FB2C78-F041-431A-965D-50CDD26EACC4.jpeg.02781db239882af3b34c19550228016f.jpeg17AFE4A6-AC22-4444-8DF1-FE1161B2D80D.jpeg.389ee97c4c26107ea7c67cd4db952506.jpegA32B6AB7-436B-43C2-90D4-0AF7B6997AC6.jpeg.a5509b4014e44c5d267f14baa120dc65.jpeg

hope that helps :)

Much appreciated, truth be told it doesn't look as shit as I was expecting it to either. Certainly food for thought, alongside figuring out what would go if I make the leap. Can't be breaking my self imposed 'no more than 4 RIFs (excluding the single pistol I own which is entirely there to justify a fancy holster... which is only there to justify a fancy belt etc etc). The MWS would be the one on the chopping block (again... which I knew full well would happen). A head scratcher indeed.

38 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Is that the RS MI mount?  I fitted mine and I thought I tested it and found no issues but now I'm questioning it in my mind and can't access my stuff 🤔

no , I forget the make tbh but it’s pretty decent and it was cheap 😛

It’s on my Apache now , keeping the SD a little more pure for a while 

C843ACA7-173F-4B3F-AA71-684775D7E2A6.thumb.jpeg.5133df3b8d2ede80f16bb80be1db1bc3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

From emailing LPE I believe they're going to do another run of their suppressor mounts for torches tho from the email I wouldn't hold your breath (hoping to make this year was the phrasing).....

Ideally I was hoping to go for the classic comp m2 and 6p setup but the complete lack of reasonably priced surefire m23 mounts is preventing that.

Edited by hunter511
poor england

Hello, recently got a mp5 sd6, been reading conflicting information about what battery to use.

Will using a 30c lipo battery damage the fet(m-system) over time? Read that it gives better trigger response or should I stick to 20c lipo?

Screenshot_20230330_150416_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230330_150742_Chrome.jpg

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Meese said:

Will using a 30c lipo battery damage the fet(m-system) over time? Read that it gives better trigger response or should I stick to 20c lipo?

I'd always want the motor to be the limiting factor, not the battery (or the wiring). If you make the battery the limiting factor then it'll heat up and cook itself.

Consider your home wiring: appliances will only draw what they need. An LED lightbulb drawing milliamps doesn't blow out just because that circuit could supply 30A or more from a 80-100A total.  But if you tried to run a 2kW heater off of the weedy wiring going to that light fitting, it would melt the wiring.

Over-supply is always better than under-supply.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if anyone else has encountered this but I'm experiencing some incredibly annoying spring twang. 

Originally started when I put the eagle6 M100 spring in. Then I got the Wiitech bearing spring guide to help, then the FPS Airsoft bearing piston head which didn't help either. So I tried putting the original spring back in with those parts and it's still twanging! 

So frustrating. I was wondering if anyone had a remedy because I adore this gun the twang is really pissing me off.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question to the AFUK Hive Mind - those of you that have fitted the Magpul foregrip into their MP5s, what bits on the grip did you need to remove in order to get it to fit?  I've just got one and it's too tight to slide over the receiver, so before I get the Dremel out I thought I'd get a steer on what needs to get thinned out.

IMG_4469.jpeg

I personally didn't remove any material, it's a very tight fit though, it's loosened a little bit after a few fit and removals.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have an issue with my MP5 where its showing the red mofset light.

It was all fine when I got it (2nd hand but only fieled twice), used it multiple times in the garden, took it to a skirmish, played the first game no issues. 2nd game get the red light, switch batteries all OK for abit then got the red light again. This continued so I swapped guns for the rest of the day and brought ordered a new Lipo thinking mine were maybe getting old snd not holding their charge properly anymore.

New Lipo (one suggested on here) arrives and problem continues, only now the gun is permanently in safe mode. I can put it in to dry fire but the moment you pull the trigger the ref light comes on and it's back to safe mode. It seems to be completely stuck in this mode.

Spoke to Eagle6 and DavesCustom who either couldn't help or didn't want to and CombatSouth who said they had another two in the workshop exactly the same. 

One stock, one upgraded and they hadn't been able to identify the cause so I'm not alone.

Has anyone else come across this? And if so has anyone found a fix?

It might be the main board within the MP5. TM swapped to another chip type when they moved from the A5 to the SD6. There's a youtube video in Japanese which shows the chip difference. easy and expensive fix is to buy a complete lower from Impulse101. You could try asking Fire-support to order a replacement board but it will take a long time to arrive if they can actually get it (6 months at a guess).

You could take the main board to a electronics repair shop and see if they can have a look but if it was me I'd reach out to Phil who runs a youtube channel and his website is https://www.consolefix.shop/. He knows nothing about airsoft but he is a good console/electroincs repair guy who might be able to fix it and maybe get some channel content from the repair. worth giving him a shout.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the MR30 connector that comes in the MP5 NGRS? 

I plan to cut the Mini Tamiya connector off my lipo and replace with an MR30 so I can get rid of that adaptor. 

I assume + is the pin singled out in the connector but just want a confirm. 

thanks all

• 1 month later...