TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

Wow!

Fielded my mp5 for the first time yesterday night and it did not disapoint!

It shoots laser and accuracy is pretty darn good. Guess I want to put in a eagle6 m95 spring for a little fps boost  because heavier bb’s take some time to get there, but nothing else is needed.

Which weight do you guys use?

On 03/03/2023 at 22:41, hunter511 said:

In my experience stock recoils are amazing with good quality .25s.

If you can find some Marui Perfect Hit .25s you're in for a treat.

I’m using green devils, the best bb on the market. How does Marui compare against it?

Marui perfect hits are manufactured to the kind of tolerances you'd use in bearing races for engineering, good consistancy, good accuracy. They may as well have been made for recoils. Most PTW owners that know of them swear by them too. Ive been using recoils since the first cqbrs came out over here and out of all the ammo Ive tried they are hands down the best .25s Ive experienced. No flyers, no cuboid bbs, no issues (other than the price). Generally if I lend a mag full of them to someone the first question is "where can I get some of those?".

On an semi-related note anyone looking to shift some ngrs mp5 mids as I cant find anywhere with stock and need at least 4 lol.

Edited by hunter511

1 hour ago, hunter511 said:

The mids disappeared fast tho. I think it was 10 mins from the restock notification to "out of stock"

Fortunately I had signal at work and managed to nab 5.

How many do you guys have and need?

I have 4 mags in total and on the field I play I barely empty 2 mags.

I generally tend to carry 4-6 m4 ngrs mids on my kit with spares in my safezone for quick turnaround games. That said it's very rare I use all the rounds although I do also occassionally run the mags in 30 rd mode......

Plus the guys I play with regularly tend to do interoperability of platforms so especially in defensive games being able to spare a couple of mags is useful at times.

TLDR version condom theory, rather have and not need than need and not have.

Edited by hunter511

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got recommendations for a hop rubber and nub to lift .28? Everything else standard.

Just got the MP5SD and am very impressed at the build quality compared to earlier Marui models.

Just leaving it completely stock as it seems perfect as is, Until I can source extra magazines I've just been blasting away with it in the garden. I've been using a Marui 8.4v mini s nimh battery and it work perfect with it son see no need for lipos. IMG_20230319_204455.thumb.jpg.b3bfef1f78a72a969c7759c68c665946.jpg

On 18/03/2023 at 19:46, hunter511 said:

As standard TM's should lift .28s......

Not all of them do. TM's are often optimised for 0.25's. Its kinda luck of the draw if they lift a .28g

My MWS's nub was so squishy, it would hardly lift a 0.28. I had it torn down the first week I owned it to replace the nub for a solid H style one.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, pikeandgun said:

8.4v mini s nimh

How's the VHS collection doing?

I am jesting you gotta use what you got, but the weight/power ratio of lipos, the sizes and the charging speeds do make them more than worth moving/upgrading to I'd say.

1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

How's the VHS collection doing?

I am jesting you gotta use what you got, but the weight/power ratio of lipos, the sizes and the charging speeds do make them more than worth moving/upgrading to I'd say.

I actually still have VHS's lol Hard for a old man to change his ways 😁

I just find that Nimhs just work fine as is plus I'm paranoid about lipo's 

actually still have VHS's lol.

Swap ya for a betamax and couple of Phillips 2000 discs lol.

regards 

9 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

SD finally turned up. It's noticably quieter than it's brother.

image.thumb.jpeg.ada8fc865238795e21a4196bf5133a38.jpeg

and here it is compared to the older TM SD and a VFC GBB SD. (old tm top, new tm middle and VFC bottom).

image.thumb.jpeg.afda3061b27eea7075a078a49b212825.jpeg

Out of curiosity how easy would it be to chuck a tracer unit in the SD section? I hate the look of convention tracer units... but also hate adding more inches and grams tha needed onto a front end in the form of a 'proper' (read as Surefure Mini2/RC2) to accomodate a tracer unit. I've been eyeing an A5 for a while but the SD may well be a better pick for what I'd be looking to use it for... if it'd be easy enough to sling a tracer unit in it.

31 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Out of curiosity how easy would it be to chuck a tracer unit in the SD section? I hate the look of convention tracer units... but also hate adding more inches and grams tha needed onto a front end in the form of a 'proper' (read as Surefure Mini2/RC2) to accomodate a tracer unit. I've been eyeing an A5 for a while but the SD may well be a better pick for what I'd be looking to use it for... if it'd be easy enough to sling a tracer unit in it.

it's designed for that very purpose. if you unscrew the fake silencer there is a -14mm thread under a pretective cover. all you need to do is remove some of the foam from the fake silencer and away you go. I tried it with an Acetech blaster and it works just fine.

image.thumb.jpeg.da49364054b386b510f9aa0fb1dff98d.jpeg

Edited by mightyjebus

5 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

it's designed for that very purpose. if you unscrew the fake silencer there is a -14mm thread under a pretective cover. all you need to do is remove some of the foam from the fake silencer and away you go. I tried it with an Acetech blaster and it works just fine.

Ta very much for the quick response... I was truly hoping that wasn't going to be the answer 😅.