TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

2 hours ago, alex001 said:

Feeding/magazine help…

Hi gents, hoping you can help.
I have an issue with feeding on some particular mags, some are better than others but the issue can still occur on the goods mags.

As you can see on the video, it doesn’t like to feed until I press the bottom of the mag forwards. It’s a rather intermittent issue but the video shows it at its worst.

I think it has something to do with the alignment of the hop unit entry tripping the bb release on the mag but I wondered if anyone has had similar issues and how they solved it. 

I’ve reassembled multiple times and can’t see anything out of the ordinary.

any help or suggestions appreciated 👍🏻

So I think I’ve found a solution to my issue. After some further tinkering, I found that putting a rubber washer underneath the mag insert allows the insert to raise up just a fraction once tightened down to the case. Now all mags feed flawlessly. 

hopefully this will help others. FDE19CC9-8CD8-432D-8C3C-E4CB26719FCC.thumb.jpeg.781b806a039609125238f119d9219f4b.jpeg

• Supporters

I saw but when was that happening in use?  The only thing I can think of is mono-pod'ing off the mag which I've never seen with an SMG.  Still better to fix it if all else remains equal, no denying it, just wondering how the problem came up.

Unfortunately it happened on my first proper skirmish with it. All seemed fine when I tested it out in the garden, but I only used the mag it came with. I’ve had new mags sat in their packaging until only recently and I then found out these started to misfeed.
I have 4 mags total, the one it came with in the box seemed to feed the best, the rest were hit & miss, the one in the video in particular was the worst.

So either I’ve been unlucky with my mags, my hop feed tube is slightly too short or my mag catch is not seating the mags in far enough. I’d guess the latter.

Edited by alex001

An update, Combat South have repaired it using the method mentioned elsewhere of taking another piston (I think AK, but didn't check) and modifying it. Firing okay now.

My next puzzle is why the charging handle doesn't release sometimes without a bit of a tap forward. Cleaned it last time I had it apart, it just feels like it's binding slightly. I am wondering if the environment I've been playing in has just caused it to wear. Perhaps it's the old story of the better the tolerances, the less they like getting crap in there.

I shall probably be keeping this one for days at urban sites rather than a standard woodland gun I think...

Hey guys. To the people that have swapped out the sliding stock for something different are they interested in selling the original sliding stock? 

On 29/12/2022 at 14:51, alex001 said:

So I think I’ve found a solution to my issue. After some further tinkering, I found that putting a rubber washer underneath the mag insert allows the insert to raise up just a fraction once tightened down to the case. Now all mags feed flawlessly. 

hopefully this will help others. FDE19CC9-8CD8-432D-8C3C-E4CB26719FCC.thumb.jpeg.781b806a039609125238f119d9219f4b.jpeg

hello!!! and happy 2023!

I had the same issue, and i tried several ways adding some velcro in dirrent parts of the mag and the mag well.... i will try this solution, THANKS!!

what is the  size of the washer I assume a round one should be ok but what thickness??

thanks!

if anyone is looking for a tracer unit that fits the tri-lug on the TM MP5 NGRS then I can confirm the Omega 9K version fits. bonus is it comes with a couple of different ends so you can fit it to your other AEG's if they are -14mm

https://shop.jkarmy.com/rgw-omega-9k-dummy-silencer-tracer-full-set-mp5-style.html

2 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Does anybody have a lead on any mags, preferably in the UK? Potentially have an SD6 waiting for me but with no mags…

A few places have 200rd hicaps , but nowhere seems to have the midcaps . 

Why U.K. only ? Just for ease ? 

tbh if you want the SD6 and you can get one I’d just go for it and worry about mags later on 😛 

Yeah ideally want them here before next Sunday so UK would be ideal.

This is going to be my first NGRS, last time I even had an AEG was couple of years ago so I’m hoping this bridges the electric / gas gap for me.

I can game with 1 mag…right?! 🥲

30 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Yeah ideally want them here before next Sunday so UK would be ideal.

This is going to be my first NGRS, last time I even had an AEG was couple of years ago so I’m hoping this bridges the electric / gas gap for me.

I can game with 1 mag…right?! 🥲

hicaps it is then 🤪

Edited by MrTea

On 25/01/2023 at 19:06, JimFromHorsham said:

well that escalated much quicker than I anticipated 😛

3406A05D-9571-4D16-89FC-8C178BAA1922.thumb.jpeg.d682f99e59dc9835fb31bd90b1a24763.jpeg

Interestingly they’ve now removed the link / deleted the advert … I wonder if someone somewhere shouldn’t have been selling these parts yet ? 

as expected though , very much a big bag of bubble wrapped parts and not a “kit” as such . 

87036E5A-A95E-4FDE-9DE9-46CA79055276.thumb.jpeg.497da8e7a9871c1c5b7a29bed5c52ac9.jpeg

The option to run a -14mm silencer instead of the standard one is also welcome :)

DE9C8312-4FA3-4399-85EE-E7AEE12518FC.thumb.jpeg.079e70f68b3637ab7a9be1fa191063e7.jpeg

they were also Listing complete hop units so I grabbed one of those too , 

113ADE77-F123-452E-8E66-F8E8E5E5ED21.thumb.jpeg.7f0fee951a3f38cd1620ad61680d0c2b.jpeg

anyway … it’s tool time 🤪🛠️🪚🪛🔧

Edited by JimFromHorsham