TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

On 15/07/2022 at 10:29, JimFromHorsham said:

that was a good link , thank you :)

267A16B1-FE27-4D6A-8BD3-4F39D057C29E.thumb.jpeg.b28f89bd9f17bed79eb6f4fb46860f82.jpegF6CD36FD-0D6A-45ED-8BDC-47306DEA8683.thumb.jpeg.517f494a42a3b5aedf77679b5e83c008.jpeg

just wanted to say a big public thankyou to the very talented @mightyjebus for making dreams come true :)

using his technical ability and my supreme postal prowess he sorted my MP5 stock adaptor good and proper ! 
It’s now solid as rock , thank you Paul :)

8475CB05-625D-4A04-AA93-914D4BDBE983.thumb.jpeg.0e4029a62eb2d970fff3a75d95de3e5f.jpeg

What battery are you running with the m lok  rail? 

1 hour ago, Bunkerstevo94 said:

What battery are you running with the m lok  rail? 

7.4v 1450mah Lipo / split style , one cell either side at 4 & 8 and all the cabling lined up in the middle at 6 . It’s a squeeze and damn fiddly I tell ye but possible .

bought the Bow Master GMF sliding stock for the MP5. It's advertised for VFC GBB and TM EBB MP5's but it needs quite a bit of modification to fit on the TM.

If anyone is interested the work involves:

grinding the inside of the end cap so that it fits in the slots on either side of the receiver (where the normal MP5 stock usually sits in).

drilling out the hole on the end of the end cap to fit a countersunk bolt that holds the end cap into the TM gearbox securely.

countersinking this hole so that the stock parts will fit.

fitting a 3D spacer so that the end cap sits parallel as without it the stock sits at a slight upward angle.

If you have access hand tools, a dremel and a 3D printer then it's an easy job :)

MP5 GMF stock.jpg

MP5 GMF stock1.jpg

MP5 GMF stock2.jpg

MP5 GMF stock3.jpg

1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

bought the Bow Master GMF sliding stock for the MP5. [SNIP]

That looks superb. The whole gun look very tastefully setup/'modernised'.

Whereas.....

5 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

[SNIP]

Can’t tell if this is cool or just downright horrific…

Gopping.....just...gopping......🤢

37 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

That's yuk.

On 28/07/2022 at 14:34, mightyjebus said:

bought the Bow Master GMF sliding stock for the MP5. It's advertised for VFC GBB and TM EBB MP5's but it needs quite a bit of modification to fit on the TM.

If anyone is interested the work involves:

grinding the inside of the end cap so that it fits in the slots on either side of the receiver (where the normal MP5 stock usually sits in).

drilling out the hole on the end of the end cap to fit a countersunk bolt that holds the end cap into the TM gearbox securely.

countersinking this hole so that the stock parts will fit.

fitting a 3D spacer so that the end cap sits parallel as without it the stock sits at a slight upward angle.

If you have access hand tools, a dremel and a 3D printer then it's an easy job :)

MP5 GMF stock.jpg

MP5 GMF stock1.jpg

MP5 GMF stock2.jpg

MP5 GMF stock3.jpg

luckily you had those bits kicking around 😂

looks awesome though , I had some more mags delivered from 6mm , not sure why but I feel like it’s a addiction 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I’m now just waiting until the SD6 comes out 😍

On 15/07/2022 at 11:29, JimFromHorsham said:

just wanted to say a big public thankyou to the very talented @mightyjebus for making dreams come true :)

using his technical ability and my supreme postal prowess he sorted my MP5 stock adaptor good and proper ! 
It’s now solid as rock , thank you Paul :)

8475CB05-625D-4A04-AA93-914D4BDBE983.thumb.jpeg.0e4029a62eb2d970fff3a75d95de3e5f.jpeg

I love the adapter and stock.

I was wondering if a "real gun" adapter would fit into the NGRS. Something like this:

https://hkparts.net/product/mp5-94-end-cap-sling-swivel-p115.htm/

and then, a rail could be easily adapted to that cap.

THe adapters I've seen for NGRS are 60 euros at least, and this could be a workaround..... 

Or if there is something in 3D out there....

thanks!!

Finally in the club 😂 In regards to the tight magazines, I've noticed the one it came with seems to need a bit more encouragement to fit but the others are fine.

20220728_154412.thumb.jpg.d2fa208957983bb7a1454fb46bdc3384.jpg

Edited by Mels

• Supporters

Finally picked mine up from 'my guy' on Saturday, thought I'd provide my findings on accessory fitment:

-Real collapsible F stock required the rubber buffer removing then further metal milling under where it sat, my example also needed some material removing from the tops of each stock bar.  Unfortunately I can't provide further detail as I didn't witness the process.

-VFC lighted forend goes right on; the TM pin is a bit of a bugger to get through as things stand so I may ream out the hole in the handguard a fraction but it can be used as stock with some persuasion, nothing too serious.

-Magpul plastic handguard is tight af to get on and off where the rear of it goes around the round chamber area of the receiver, pin is fine though. I think I'll take some sandpaper to the inside of the handguard to make battery changes more reasonable in the safe zone.

Just my personal findings with my gun and accessories.

I have fitted the G&P handguard to mine and have found the same issue with the pin. However if I use the pin from my old TM mp5k it goes straight through. 

Been a long time posting.

I still have a cycle issue, and wondering if anyone can help. Basically to begin with out the box (posted back in November 21 with issue and haven't used since until last night) few shots then misfire a few times, then fires fine continuing this issue off miss fires and fires on a mid cap mag. This is on single shot fire. On 3 round burst or full auto you don't notice it. Not to say it's not happening. Tried the banging the mid cap mags if it was that issue but continued. Cut to last night, hop adjusted (on tech guidance) and the problem disappeared managed to get about 3 mid caps emptied no dramas. Then it's started to occur again but you get about a couple misfires out of the 72round mid cap. (Slightly more on a mid cap).

Am I having a hop rubber issue or the actual hop unit itself?

Tech guy I know says potential hop rubber, but wanted to get some of your guys opinion as you've all had yours a while or know of anything similar.

did the hop creep after the 3 mag dumps? sounds like it did. Try resetting the hop or alternatively wind the hop completely off as this should allow you to empty a magazine without issue and will show if the issue is mag feed, nozzle or hop unit/rubber related.

If you can empty magazines with the hop off then the nozzle and magazine are probably fine. You can also do a quick check on the nozzle by having a look inside the hop unit and firing the AEG. You should see the nozzle move back and forward with every shot (obviously without a mag inside and the AEG turned upside down).

It would probably be best to strip the hop unit out and rebuild if the nozzle and magazines are fine. If it's under warranty then send it back for the shop to do it.

2 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

did the hop creep after the 3 mag dumps? sounds like it did. Try resetting the hop or alternatively wind the hop completely off as this should allow you to empty a magazine without issue and will show if the issue is mag feed, nozzle or hop unit/rubber related.

If you can empty magazines with the hop off then the nozzle and magazine are probably fine. You can also do a quick check on the nozzle by having a look inside the hop unit and firing the AEG. You should see the nozzle move back and forward with every shot (obviously without a mag inside and the AEG turned upside down).

It would probably be best to strip the hop unit out and rebuild if the nozzle and magazines are fine. If it's under warranty then send it back for the shop to do it.

Thank you for help, I will give that a go. I have purchased a new hop and nub so might as well put that in. I have respected tech guy so will go to them to do it.

Unfortunately it's way past warranty as I got this in November 21. (Also my second one as the first was faulty).

In all honesty I'm doing all this as I'm getting rid of it so I want it right for the next person.

• Supporters

Almost forgot to say cause the forum was down when I tried - got my Midwest Industries MP5TR in (pic + M-LOK) and it drops right on to my gun.  Really was expecting to have to get it milled underneath or inside the claw parts to fit, but no, very surprising.

• 1 month later...

So, I'm experiencing a battery red light issue too.

To preface I also use the Midwest industries handguard and a couple small 7.4v 20C Nuprol lipos. 

Skirmished today in semi chilly conditions between 10-15 degrees and played in shady woodland.

The gun would consistently go into safe mode with the red led flashing, swapping batteries would remedy the problem only for a few shots then go into flashing red led mode. Batteries are all balance charged and checked by the organisers for the health of the battery (all 90%> charge and healthy cells.) 

After doing some research during lunch mid game, the MOSFET manual states the batteries should be between 20°c - 30°c otherwise will sense low voltage or something and turn off the gun. 

The batteries and especially the steel handguard are very very cold to the touch. After leaving the batteries in my rear pocket and holding the steel handguard with bare hands remedied this problem for one round. Then back to going into safe mode, touching the handguard, cold as ice. 

Has anyone come across this problem, and have any advice for insulation, or maybe a different battery? really wanted this gun to be my reliable electric gun for winter with the nice Midwest industries handguard set up. 

Thoughts, feelings, condolences?

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/09/2022 at 21:50, Kivan12 said:

So, I'm experiencing a battery red light issue too.

To preface I also use the Midwest industries handguard and a couple small 7.4v 20C Nuprol lipos. 

Skirmished today in semi chilly conditions between 10-15 degrees and played in shady woodland.

The gun would consistently go into safe mode with the red led flashing, swapping batteries would remedy the problem only for a few shots then go into flashing red led mode. Batteries are all balance charged and checked by the organisers for the health of the battery (all 90%> charge and healthy cells.) 

After doing some research during lunch mid game, the MOSFET manual states the batteries should be between 20°c - 30°c otherwise will sense low voltage or something and turn off the gun. 

The batteries and especially the steel handguard are very very cold to the touch. After leaving the batteries in my rear pocket and holding the steel handguard with bare hands remedied this problem for one round. Then back to going into safe mode, touching the handguard, cold as ice. 

Has anyone come across this problem, and have any advice for insulation, or maybe a different battery? really wanted this gun to be my reliable electric gun for winter with the nice Midwest industries handguard set up. 

Thoughts, feelings, condolences?

Yer had this problem on 2 ngrs mp5's with low rate discharge batteries (1000mah) getting really cold and causing that issue. Was solved with bigger batteries on cold days in winter. 2000mah+ worked fine in the freezing cold.