TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

PXL-20220508-105008254.MP.jpg

Work in progress SD, not the most authentic but will do the job, makes fitting batteries in easier the handguard is held on by a 3D printed cap which is then pressed against by the printed suppressor. Underneath it all is still the original gun with the tri-lug and the adapter it comes with, with an Acetech Blaster M module in front of it. Will have the suppressor made in metal in the future. 

Parts.jpg

Great to see the TM finally producing the SD6, I expect the RAS version will be next or even one with a full stock... Sadly getting hold of the original MP5 is still a tad of a ball ache! Good to see that the mags are slowly becoming available too... 

On 25/04/2022 at 22:17, JamesWills said:

Did the unthinkable and opened up my MP5 and let the Japanese pixie dust out

Awesome @JamesWills. That's the first I've seen of the insides of the MP5 gearbox.... Other than what you said in your post was the tear down straightforward?  I'll have to have a look for that video just for educational purposes of course ;)

Hope you managed to bottle that Marui Pixie dust ;)

Interesting. Slightly tempted to get one, since I assume the spare parts to convert your existing A5 won't be out for an age. Battery space should be better, but kind of hard to tell until we can get a look inside the handguard. I wonder if they've come up with an improved retention method for the handguard pins...

Translation for the video doesn't seem to be up yet, but it looks like just a standard suppressor rather than a tracer unit or anything fancy. I did think perhaps they'd make the full stock version first, but I guess not.

Any ideas on the accessories? Looks like a mag clamp (not a high cap as I first thought), rail mount, micro red dot and possibly dedicated mount for that.

• Supporters

I was assuming it was the small red dot they already make, just a specific mount.  Other than that yeah, claw mount and sorta old school mag clamp of some kind but not a replica of the stamped metal HK ones I've seen.

If anyone has a RS solid stock or knows a good source that has stock please do let me know.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

6EB9113A-41A5-4089-BDC3-4A6A4D0A1E29.jpeg

slightly better pic :)

Shame they're not relaunching the old Hensoldt type mounts.

14 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

If anyone has a RS solid stock or knows a good source that has stock please do let me know.

HKParts have them in stock, I'm assuming you may have ways around ITAR? https://hkparts.net/product/hk-mp5-a2-fixed-stock-german-p169.htm/

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Lozart said:

HKParts have them in stock, I'm assuming you may have ways around ITAR? https://hkparts.net/product/hk-mp5-a2-fixed-stock-german-p169.htm/

lol, those fuckers.  I got a HK collapsing stock for a fraction of the price they scalp so they're on my no-business list unfortunately, I'll just go with a VFC if needs be.  I'm confident I'll eventually find a real one on a terribly made old website or dusty surplus store for sub £50 or so.

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

lol, those fuckers.  I got a HK collapsing stock for a fraction of the price they scalp so they're on my no-business list unfortunately, I'll just go with a VFC if needs be.  I'm confident I'll eventually find a real one on a terribly made old website or dusty surplus store for sub £50 or so.

Fair do's. Septics seem to be more than happy to pay nasally for HK stuff just so they can "flex on the poors". 

• Supporters

It's the SP5 release that's caused it, nobody really wanted MP5 stocks and handguards a few years ago because there was a gap of something (very very roughly) like 20 years between HK importing civvie MP5s to the states.  The SP5 started selling around start 2020 and of course there was the SP5k before that that some people converted.  There were other clones inbetween of course, largely Turkish, but obviously once the real German stuff was announced it brought back an enormous wave of popularity and all the old parts from the 80s dried up; and HK isn't making much quantity of accessories these days.  Captain skinny jeans is responsible for a good bit of the hype too.

Now I just need them to make an mp5k variant and I would have to add a gun to the "guns to buy" list that is currently almost empty.

Hi all,

I will be joining the club shortly, I've noticed this warning from Airsoft World. Has anyone else seen this before or experienced problems with lipos over 15c?

1883081666_Screenshot_20220520-192803_SamsungInternet.jpg.7c1b44c58e65b3d2f2b2762a08a6c1e1.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mels said:

Hi all,

I will be joining the club shortly, I've noticed this warning from Airsoft World. Has anyone else seen this before or experienced problems with lipos over 15c?

1883081666_Screenshot_20220520-192803_SamsungInternet.jpg.7c1b44c58e65b3d2f2b2762a08a6c1e1.jpg

Just arse covering. Would not use an 11.1v lipo but a 7.4v with a higher than 15c rating will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand it’s a rather big longshot but in the market for one of these NGRS MP5A5’s.  If anyone that was lucky enough to get one is willing to part with it i have funds waiting for both gun and magazines.

Many thanks!

7 minutes ago, Peter_94 said:

I understand it’s a rather big longshot but in the market for one of these NGRS MP5A5’s.  If anyone that was lucky enough to get one is willing to part with it i have funds waiting for both gun and magazines.

Many thanks!

Airsoft direct still have preorders available for the end of June  no mags though. Only high caps available at the minute.

Anyone know where I can get a clone Midwest MLOK handguard from?

47 minutes ago, Mels said:

Airsoft direct still have preorders available for the end of June  no mags though. Only high caps available at the minute.

Thanks wasn’t aware if there was even a planned date for any of these coming in!  Will get on the pre order and hope to source some magazines.

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Peter_94 said:

Many thanks!

Surplus Store had a couple in last week , more on the way I believe . 

2 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I'd rather run one mag and constantly reload with a speedloader than risk another order with that outfit...

sorry to hear that , my last order went smoothly .