TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

So spill the beans you lot. Give me your opinions on this gun.

I have a Scorpion Evo A3, and I agree with many others. Its probably one of the best AEG's out there. But Im still not a massive fan of the sewing machine. 
More of a GBB person. The bolt stop function is nice. But I still fancy a bit more on top. (Call me greedy).

So honest thoughts, gripes etc. I know its probably a while till I can get a hold of one. But I want to be sure before I invest in a NGRS. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/10/2021 at 18:01, JamesWills said:

It seems that VFC MP5 GBB parts fit the MP5 NGRS its a shame no UK shops have any parts in

In other news I got my new silencer in the post today, fits very nicely with the 3 lug adapter

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-pro-silencer-short-type-115mm14mm-ccw-save

1602988520_MP5Sup1.thumb.jpg.b44de13452662556819931daf0c16752.jpg837600381_MP5Sup2.thumb.jpg.370cd59681f859fada5ac45fca77bbaa.jpg

Does this come with an adapter for the tri lug, or fit straight on.  Can't find much info or an adapter anywhere

Thanks

Edit: just realised tge adapter comes with the RIF

Edited by MagpieTactical

Has there been any news or updates on the next batch of these?

Been a very long time since the first batch released, I know there where issues with the second batch

• 2 weeks later...

New little project for me, started to wonder how hard to would be to 3D print my own handguards

1 hour in and I've got the front end modelled up reasonably accurately (I think)

going to try an M-Lok rail first and then maybe try an SD style front end

image.thumb.png.d78b104e32fd0785a99f14c687f498b6.png

8 hours ago, johanlovberg said:

Baaam! Got inspired by SonnyMP5 (🙏) and got old SD parts from ICS which after a lot of work finally fit  like a glove on my TM Mp5 Nextgen 🤙 Came out amazing! 

642174B7-AA82-4201-83B4-122201F12FE9.jpeg

2D8795D1-CCF4-475E-BDFD-9D191E0F09FD.jpeg

C187BD03-90D9-421D-B1E6-71F3D2D1ED9B.jpeg

Would be good to see a guide / tutorial of how this is done I heard it requires a lathe  which is hard to get hold of for most people

It was a bit of a improvisation so i did not documented the process, but I did it without a lathe. The electrical tools I was using was basically a dremel and a drilling machine. And the parts I used from ICS was the handguard ”base” and grip, front sight, silencer and the silencer adapter that was originally mounted on the ics outer barrel. Added a very short barrel extension because the placement of the adapter was adjusted slightly.

There's some awesome looking builds in this thread. I do love the moe handguards.

Which moe handguards are folk using, real steal from Brownells etc?

To anyone looking for magazines, Impulse101 just got restocked. Made an order as soon as I got the email alert 👍

23 hours ago, johanlovberg said:

It was a bit of a improvisation so i did not documented the process, but I did it without a lathe. The electrical tools I was using was basically a dremel and a drilling machine. And the parts I used from ICS was the handguard ”base” and grip, front sight, silencer and the silencer adapter that was originally mounted on the ics outer barrel. Added a very short barrel extension because the placement of the adapter was adjusted slightly.

Could you send some pics of all the parts needed? I would very much like to try and make this conversion as well, and document the process as well for everyone else here. Especially if all you need is a dremel and drill. Cheers

11 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

gutted - Impulse have the 72 round magazines in stock - but no shipping to the UK currently!

I think Airsoft Direct have some instock atm

Hello from Spain,

I got mine a couple of months ago, and apart from an update for an mlok handguard, and internally some prometheus parts, pdi barrel (6.01, i think  it is not necesary) and the hop up rubber.

BUt I am having some issues with some mags. I have 4. 

I would say that with all of them sometimes it is not feeding. and I have to press the mag from the lower part to the fire direction, in order to ease the feeding of bbs. I don't know if somebody has experienced a similar issue.

Maybe I have to disassembly the barrel/hop unit and assembly again taking care of alignment of everything... i dont know.

any advice?

thanks everybody !

Long shot, but I’ve got three hicaps for sale, or preferably swap for mids. Anyone interested? 

happy to pay a little on top for some mids too actually! 

Did the unthinkable and opened up my MP5 and let the Japanese pixie dust out

changed the bucking to a nineball purple rubber and also chucked in an eagle6 M100

managed to find a YouTube video of some Japanese guy taking the gun apart and it wasn’t too bad, struggled with removing the fire selector until I realised you have to pull the trigger as you pull it out

584FFBD6-A121-4CC3-A644-F9F0DF05ED4C.thumb.jpeg.e3b011eb3891356a9239ab981216aba0.jpeg

6B7D7C51-D7AC-431E-84F3-5B6C496F5339.thumb.jpeg.dcd6e25bda412ee9ba4b36cf9081fc57.jpeg

F3A34BED-5CF7-4241-AEF9-BA81D87F5B89.thumb.jpeg.279367e5812a7c2ab383908e36e36438.jpeg

Edited by JamesWills

• 2 weeks later...

I would heavily recommend upgrading the hop rubber to Laylax Nineball

used my MP5 at the weekend after upgrading it and it shoots lasers incredibly straight and with very good range on 0.28's

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/5274/s/laylax-nineball-air-seal-chamber-bucking-compact-soft-type-for-aep-cmg/