TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

On 20/10/2021 at 03:50, rocketdogbert said:

Fairs, all I can say is the retailer I spoke too, normally 100% reliable, said  the complete opposite 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sounds like someone's pulling your leg

• Supporters

The phrase 'reports of my demise have been exaggerated' springs to mind.  Not throwing any accusations by any stretch and if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but in my opinion based on being an airsoft nerd for a long time I think we'd see a lot of viral raging and fearmongering all over the internet if these issues were really prevalent.

9 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Yeah.  I'm calling BS.  Everyone, keep rocketdogbert away from your MP5s if he's holding a can of lighter fluid.  He might try and force his claim into reality 😄

I am sure rocketdogbert meant well by informing us what he heard, probably just a miscommunication on Wolf Armouries part

In other news Bunny workshop FINALLY dispatched my torch grip so hopefully that will turn up in the next 2 weeks 

On 20/10/2021 at 07:03, blobface said:

On a less firer note: 

PXL-20211020-100404726.MP.jpg

PXL-20211020-100558094.MP.jpg

Surefire handguard, as we already know, is a drop fit, with some patience I was able to fit a 7.4v 1400mah nunchuck, I also had a shorter 7.4v 1300mah nunchuck which was even easier to fit into this handguard. Eotech 551 on a VFC generic low profile claw mount, and as I have a game soon before I could get hold of a Gemtech I came up with a little MP5 specific housing for the Acetech S unit's internal. 

That housing is very cool, is that custom made or pieced together from other things?

Is there any chance of battery storage in that? (assuming they can be found anywhere...)

18 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

if anyone was wondering the VFC GBB MP5 Solid stock fits straight on.

1626436545_mp5solidstock.thumb.jpg.2efb499a2a05647dabfbb47dafb9427e.jpg

365767099_mp5solidstock1.thumb.jpg.1e93afbe9d4ed714b1ec2f182bde7d1c.jpg

Struggling to find anywhere that has them, or any site that ships them to the UK! Have you a link to where you got yours dude?

6 hours ago, Sketchyetchy said:

Struggling to find anywhere that has them, or any site that ships them to the UK! Have you a link to where you got yours dude?

I got mine from WGCshop.com but they are on stock alert now. I found kic.tw have them and found a RS one in the UK as well:

https://dwsuk.org/epages/057184c7-2fa2-4321-880c-a30e87657239.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/057184c7-2fa2-4321-880c-a30e87657239/Products/617

http://shop.kic.tw/portal_c1_cnt_page.php?owner_num=c1_33589&button_num=c1&folder_id=7145&cnt_id=86164

• 2 weeks later...

Back again with an issue having worst luck with this sport 🤣. Anyone else having a misfire issue?

Gamed tonight. Cqb so on single fire only using a mid cap mag only have one and a tracer. Chrono test first 3 shots (into the side) nothing came out then fired fine for chrono. Didn't think much of it. First round, went to fire pulled the trigger about 4 or 5 shots nothing coming out, then it fired a few rounds then another 4 or 5 of no rounds. Mag out, back in same again. Mag back out same procedure. Then firing rounds straight away at least 5-8 rounds then nothing for one shot then back to firing another 5-8ish rounds, a couple times allowing to fire more rounds but then a couple or so shots nothing coming out but then kicking back in.  This continued through the night but gradually getting better allowing more and more shots to be fire and then the occasional dry fire. However, running burst fire absolutely fine and full auto absolutely fine when allowed to do so.

Any ideas?

This is the 2nd time I've used the mp5 since buying new (one returned) and just keep getting little hiccups. It's also my first TM and slowly loosing love for it...

Edited by Sketchyetchy

On 12/11/2021 at 22:54, Sketchyetchy said:

Back again with an issue having worst luck with this sport 🤣. Anyone else having a misfire issue?

Gamed tonight. Cqb so on single fire only using a mid cap mag only have one and a tracer. Chrono test first 3 shots (into the side) nothing came out then fired fine for chrono. Didn't think much of it. First round, went to fire pulled the trigger about 4 or 5 shots nothing coming out, then it fired a few rounds then another 4 or 5 of no rounds. Mag out, back in same again. Mag back out same procedure. Then firing rounds straight away at least 5-8 rounds then nothing for one shot then back to firing another 5-8ish rounds, a couple times allowing to fire more rounds but then a couple or so shots nothing coming out but then kicking back in.  This continued through the night but gradually getting better allowing more and more shots to be fire and then the occasional dry fire. However, running burst fire absolutely fine and full auto absolutely fine when allowed to do so.

Any ideas?

This is the 2nd time I've used the mp5 since buying new (one returned) and just keep getting little hiccups. It's also my first TM and slowly loosing love for it...

Massive edit 

I've have foroughly tested this at home and absolutely fine my conclusion is I think I might if had a few normal BBs mixed in with tracers in my speedloader from previous games so just assumed it hadn't fired. 

I found with one of my mags in the first few games the follower would get stuck and wouldn't feed so I just gave the mag a whack against a hard surface and it became unstuck

new mags do sometimes require abit of bedding in

On 14/11/2021 at 17:45, JamesWills said:

I found with one of my mags in the first few games the follower would get stuck and wouldn't feed so I just gave the mag a whack against a hard surface and it became unstuck

new mags do sometimes require abit of bedding in

I will give that a go next time. But think I was overthinking and had mixed batch of BBs so when I didn't see the glowing green assumed it wasn't firing. 

My VFC Flashlight handguard finally showed up this morning after a month long wait from Bunny workshop

Not quite as drop in fit as I heard it was but only a small issue which can be easily solved, the pin doesn't quite push through so I will take a Dremel and just enlarge that hole ever so slightly

I am also going to try and take away the 2 lines of plastic inside the handguard to try and increase the battery space so I will let you know how that goes

1870244590_MP5FLASH1.thumb.jpg.e952e5d5337531e73e0c79fc5dad5fe0.jpg541713917_MP5FLASH2.thumb.jpg.3ea2102ff462a1388e2113be679081b8.jpg

Just a note about suppressors. I have had in a bag for ages a King Arms qd mp5 suppressor. 

https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p4716/King-Arms-MP5-Quick-Detachable-Silencer/product_info.html

tri lug, go to put on, fits, doesn't lock? Says it fits the old Marui mP5, so is this new one different?

Is the KA lug that different from this TM NGRS one?

What am I doing wrong fellas?

Thanks

IMG_2053.jpeg

IMG_2054.jpeg

Edited by Farstarbuck

Got my handguard fitted now and the space for the battery created

max space for a battery is about 77mm long by 40mm wide 

looks like PEQ style batteries might be the way to go or one of these expensive titan batteries: https://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/batteries-bbs-gas-chronographs-c5/batteries-c62/titan-power-version-7-0-7-4v-3000mah-li-ion-brick-battery-deans-connection-p10821

2116796339_mp5flash3.thumb.jpg.71129d9143daae859966094e50712d84.jpg736143751_mp5flash4.thumb.jpg.e641b89091e4cc1abdd102fef2c1283a.jpg

Edited by JamesWills

4 hours ago, Farstarbuck said:

Just a note about suppressors. I have had in a bag for ages a King Arms qd mp5 suppressor. 

https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p4716/King-Arms-MP5-Quick-Detachable-Silencer/product_info.html

tri lug, go to put on, fits, doesn't lock? Says it fits the old Marui mP5, so is this new one different?

Is the KA lug that different from this TM NGRS one?

What am I doing wrong fellas?

Thanks

I had the same with my Guarder one (which looks identical). As far as I can work out, the length the flashhider sticks out beyond the lugs is probably off a few mm. It might be possible to file down the front of the flashhider to get it to fit, but that's not something I fancy doing. From the disassembly video I watched, the flashhider and front sight are a one piece, so if you significantly arse it up, that's what needs replacing.

Internally, my suppressor has a metal disc that prevents it being pushed too far on. I suspect this isn't very thick and nothing good will come of trying to thin this down.

2 hours ago, Hatchet said:

I had the same with my Guarder one (which looks identical). As far as I can work out, the length the flashhider sticks out beyond the lugs is probably off a few mm. It might be possible to file down the front of the flashhider to get it to fit, but that's not something I fancy doing. From the disassembly video I watched, the flashhider and front sight are a one piece, so if you significantly arse it up, that's what needs replacing.

Internally, my suppressor has a metal disc that prevents it being pushed too far on. I suspect this isn't very thick and nothing good will come of trying to thin this down.

Yeah thanks for responding. I see that there is a layer of metal which appears to stop the suppressor from coming further down the flash hider. As you say perhaps taking a dremel to it will work or arse it up. When I compared what it looks like inside to the adapter that comes with you can see a wider opening inside the adapter. Which makes me think that’s the issue. Anyway, stuff it bought a new suppressor to go with the adapter. 

• Supporters

This is something I've wondered about since personally I don't like the look and general function of the TM adapter but I love tri-lug mounting for silencers (not knocking anyone using the TM piece just not my baG).  I think it's probably a safe bet that at least a couple of companies will be coming out with cans specifically for this release and potentially threaded tri-lug muzzle devices that can be applied to other guns to then use said cans.