TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Good to know.  Does Sendico work with RIFs too, do you know?  I know a few services don't allow them.

i don't think so. most of the yahoo auctions come back as blocked due to shipping so it might be sendico's policy to block RIF shipments

Yeah, I got the notification and there were 54 on there. Gone before I could get any (at work)

• Supporters

According to my inbox I snagged a few as I'm able to use my phone in work, feeling like I might've gotten pretty lucky there.  Only signed up for the email alerts from them by pure chance 2 days ago after I trawled google for stock, but finding none I signed up for all 3 alerts I could find from reputable retailers instead.

That said, I've played with the gun a fair bit in order to build a little muscle memory having not owned an MP5 before and either my mag catch sits a little deeper in the housing than it's meant to or the design isn't ideal.  After a few dozen reloads seating the mag got harder and harder to a point it was pretty unreasonable.  There's a lot of paint missing inside the housing now on my gun and a small chunk of plastic taken out of the top of the mag where it pushes on the catch.  I think the catch just has a lot more spring tension on it compared to any AR or AK I've ever handled, real or airsoft.

I'm part of the club yay. I have seen that AEG stocks are a narrower than the TM in the first post of this thread. Have I just took a silly risk ordering this? 

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/cyma-mp5-fixed-full-stock-c76-29727-p.asp

I'm desperately searching for a torch handguard as well.

3 hours ago, Sketchyetchy said:

I'm part of the club yay. I have seen that AEG stocks are a narrower than the TM in the first post of this thread. Have I just took a silly risk ordering this? 

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/cyma-mp5-fixed-full-stock-c76-29727-p.asp

I'm desperately searching for a torch handguard as well.

it won't fit.

1862242054_mp5stocks.thumb.jpg.fb9c32a22196839401184c26dc26b99f.jpg

you would be better buying a RS stock as this should slip straight on or with a very small amount of filing.

5 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

it won't fit.

1862242054_mp5stocks.thumb.jpg.fb9c32a22196839401184c26dc26b99f.jpg

you would be better buying a RS stock as this should slip straight on or with a very small amount of filing.

God dammit. I shall return it. I risked it because I couldn't find an RS or a system stock. If you have a link that would be fantastic or know anyone selling

13 minutes ago, Sketchyetchy said:

God dammit. I shall return it. I risked it because I couldn't find an RS or a system stock. If you have a link that would be fantastic or know anyone selling

I've just ordered a VFC GBB fixed stock as I think that will fit as well.  VFC stocks can be found on wgcshop at around £46. 

1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

I've just ordered a VFC GBB fixed stock as I think that will fit as well.  VFC stocks can be found on wgcshop at around £46. 

Brilliant thank you. I shall return this one, and order one of them

It seems that VFC MP5 GBB parts fit the MP5 NGRS its a shame no UK shops have any parts in

In other news I got my new silencer in the post today, fits very nicely with the 3 lug adapter

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-pro-silencer-short-type-115mm14mm-ccw-save

1602988520_MP5Sup1.thumb.jpg.b44de13452662556819931daf0c16752.jpg837600381_MP5Sup2.thumb.jpg.370cd59681f859fada5ac45fca77bbaa.jpg

2 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

I'm kind of tempted, although I'm guessing it's actually a solid, solid stock and thus no good for batteries? Interested to know the results. Unsurprisingly their torch is out of stock (like almost everything else in the world right now)

2 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

I'm kind of tempted, although I'm guessing it's actually a solid, solid stock and thus no good for batteries? Interested to know the results. Unsurprisingly their torch is out of stock (like almost everything else in the world right now)

https://asiaairsoft.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=8499

😉

23 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

Very very tempting, anyone ordered from asiaairsoft before? scratch that didnt see Hitmans mesasge above

Edited by JamesWills

I wonder how bad the battery space becomes with the torch grip 🤔

When I go to check out on mlemart the total comes up as £9.80 for the handguard and shipping I wonder if they would notice 😁

• Supporters
13 hours ago, JamesWills said:

I wonder how bad the battery space becomes with the torch grip 🤔

When I go to check out on mlemart the total comes up as £9.80 for the handguard and shipping I wonder if they would notice 😁

Yeah, they will. The cart screws up from time to time but the actual billed amount will be picked up correctly.

So ran mine for the first time last. Guns insane. However I played one 15 min round on a fully charged LiPo 7.4v 1100 mAh next game, red light flashing nothing happening. Put fresh battery in no issue continued like a dream.

Put that same battery in from first game just now and working no issues with dry fire mode. Same with the second battery. No red light flash. Popped them both on and switched still no issue on dry fire

Is this something to worry about?

I ask because this is my second MP5 as my first came with a rattle and wouldn't take any batteries properly despite fully charged with both of them would constantly get red light and I guess go into its safe mode.

Edited by Sketchyetchy

it could be the C rating of the battery. everyone on here who has posted battery pictures are all C30+. it would be interesting to know the C rating of your battery. 

Some batteries list the C rating but its actually the B rating, for example a B rating of 60 amps would mean it had an actual C rating of 30., but some labels will say 30C but actually mean 30B and this really means 15C.

If you are running a battery with a C25 rating then it actually might only be 12.5C and you would have issues with prolonged longish bursts and the battery would drop output and the marui mosfet unit might sense it as a low battery.

1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

it could be the C rating of the battery. everyone on here who has posted battery pictures are all C30+. it would be interesting to know the C rating of your battery. 

Some batteries list the C rating but its actually the B rating, for example a B rating of 60 amps would mean it had an actual C rating of 30., but some labels will say 30C but actually mean 30B and this really means 15C.

If you are running a battery with a C25 rating then it actually might only be 12.5C and you would have issues with prolonged longish bursts and the battery would drop output and the marui mosfet unit might sense it as a low battery.

So these are the two I have and used fully charged (but from the night before). The one with the red line cut out after 15 mins and the other worked well for rest of the night. But both work fine today. So with your info I'm guessing I need a better battery. 20211009_125337.thumb.jpg.5f469d9b4208d8f64be97ba795f752aa.jpg

don't want you running off ands spending your hard earned cash on a new battery but here's something to consider:

you could buy one of those cheap Lipo checkers. you plug it into the balance lead and it tells you the voltage of each cell. each cell should be the same, for example 4.3v but if it comes back as 4.3v and 4.1v then 1 of the cells might be on the way out. 4.3v would be on a fully charged battery but you can test on a partly charged battery but the results should still be the same on both cells. 36.v & 3.6V for example.

Oh so the rating on my batteries is okay? It does say 20c though? But the short burst 40c? (I'm new to airsoft so this is new to me).  The picture is of two separate batteries so would this just be one cell ?

If the majority are running 30c plus I might just play it safe and get one so I don't have the issue I did yesterday. If yourself or anyone recommend a LiPo that they are using that would be great in their MP5. I am going to get, when it comes out the new battery they are producing for this and future models. Well I've been told there is a new one.