TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

16 minutes ago, JamesWills said:

Looks great will be interested to see how it turns out, are you planning to use internals from a different magazine or make your own?

looking to make it a complete magazine that only needs a spring

Well, this should be a bit more viable than using the one mag that came with the gun.

£70 in total, shipped from Impulse101 and about a week from ordering to arrival. Not bad...

signal-2021-09-27-172318_001.jpeg

That's a very good price I ordered 2 from Airsoft Direct that cost be £84 and they haven't arrived yet

hopefully they get them in soonish

35 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

I took mine apart today to see about fitting a AEG tightbore. Turns out the new MP5 uses a inner barrel and hop rubber similar to a GBB.

578492005_mp5innerbarrel1.thumb.jpg.695e47af268b75ee056a08e4c448c75a.jpg

737733774_mp5innerbarrel.thumb.jpg.1af130287cca4f65f1adc586cc3e80c7.jpg

The only barrel I have heard of fitting is this new PDI

https://impulse101.jp/en/inner-barrel/pdi-601-inner-barrel-229mm-for-tm-mp5-next-gen-5404?search_query=MP5&results=58

8 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

I took mine apart today to see about fitting a AEG tightbore. Turns out the new MP5 uses a inner barrel and hop rubber similar to a GBB.

578492005_mp5innerbarrel1.thumb.jpg.695e47af268b75ee056a08e4c448c75a.jpg

737733774_mp5innerbarrel.thumb.jpg.1af130287cca4f65f1adc586cc3e80c7.jpg

It's a AEP rubber and proprietary barrel. AEP cut and AEG notch for the clip. God knows why but I'm sure they have a reason.

Got round to getting some pictures of the front handguards.

First off, a comparative shot of the two different mounting mechanisms.

MP5-tm-vs-rs.thumb.JPG.907df233b9a9c2150983bfcf6d49abdb.JPG

You can see that the TM (left) mounts slightly differently and is also lower than the RS grip, to allow more battery space. Additionally a top down shot of the TM and then RS grip shows that in the area behind the attachment hook, the TM version cuts away almost immediately whereas the RS gradually tapers down - again meaning the TM has more battery room.

MP5-TM.thumb.JPG.6321c7f87ebd88472fca1005d03ef462.JPGMP5-rs.thumb.JPG.0e74ee61aafe51ee54965671ee2367f8.JPG

Finally, you can see the difference in how the TM and RS grips look. There's not a huge amount in it, but note that the RS rides up a bit at the rear end (see how the rear corner almost touches the rail mount on the RS, but has a defined gap on the TM) and also you can again see that the RS grip is shorter by comparing where it sits against the magwell.

mp5-front-TM.thumb.JPG.a61bba582c3052d6881f1cea6f719772.JPGmp5-front-rs).thumb.JPG.e46778d1001806f1835fda13223b2123.JPG

FINALLY took delivery of mine today after over a months wait (original supplier didn't have enough)

Airsoft Zone UK where able to supply me with a MP5 and 4 extra mid caps

Took it to the range today to test it out and I was very impressed seemed to have similar range as my other NGRS rifles despite the AEP hop up and short inner barrel

IMG_1079.thumb.jpg.891567c8c7427b948001f0fa99bcfc54.jpgIMG_1080.thumb.jpg.15a31048180cb048170e9da57aff5b7b.jpg

20 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Became an owner 2 days ago, just need to sub to this thread.  Is the facebook group in the OP secret?

I think that group got banned by Facebook

What are people doing for batteries?

Best fit I've found so far is this -

mp5-battery.thumb.jpeg.a79b9b39a1646ec65ee9b73241c1a24c.jpeg

I've rewired it to MR30 connector (badly, I am utterly shit at soldering) and it does fit. 16AWG wiring, which seems the right sort of size. Some of the others have 14AWG, but then that's just thick enough to stop everything fitting. Dimensions on this are 86Lx33Wx15H.

There are probably nunchuck style ones that people are fitting in instead, but in terms of relative ease (once you get rewiring done) these should be simple enough to swap out at lunchtime. If you need the connectors you can get them here. You might be able to get everything fitting using the adaptor that's included, but I prefer to free up the space by not using it.

20 hours ago, JamesWills said:

FINALLY took delivery of mine today after over a months wait (original supplier didn't have enough)

Airsoft Zone UK where able to supply me with a MP5 and 4 extra mid caps

Took it to the range today to test it out and I was very impressed seemed to have similar range as my other NGRS rifles despite the AEP hop up and short inner barrel

IMG_1079.thumb.jpg.891567c8c7427b948001f0fa99bcfc54.jpgIMG_1080.thumb.jpg.15a31048180cb048170e9da57aff5b7b.jpg

The more I keep looking the more I want one... I mean I don't need it but I just want one.... :D

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

The more I keep looking the more I want one... I mean I don't need it but I just want one.... :D

I'm a long time TM owner and user and I have to say the MP5A5 is probably the best AEG TM have ever produced. I have a Systema TW5 and a GBB VFC MP5SD and the TM build quality is as good, if not better, than these other 2.

The selector switch is outstanding and has a really solid click. the range and ability to hop .28g's out the box is awesome. Comparing it to the older TM MP5's and it's like chalk and cheese. The older models feel toylike in comparison.

People will always look for negatives with a new toy and the lack of stock, in the shops, for the AEG or the Mags will disappear soon enough. The AEP hop rubber and barrel will be catered for by the aftermarket companies soon enough and the only part I don't think is very good is the cocking tube attached to the cocking handle as it is plastic and might break after too many MP5 slaps. I think Laylax or someone else will be onto this quite soon and we will see a metal one soon enough.

It will be interesting to see which model they bring out next. MP5SD? MP5K? and after another MP5 varient I'm hoping they do a G3 using the same gearbox.

Recieved mine yesterday, and took it to the field today. I was blown away, by the quality and performance as others mention in this thread. Outperformed many of the upgraded m4’s (the limit for most fields in Denmark is 1,69J). The only problem is the lack of magazines, only have 2

First game day today and it ran well, despite my attempts to dig a trench with the magazines. I need to build a more MP5 specific rig. Hicaps ran well enough, trigger response and accuracy good, although I really feel some sort of micro red-dot would aid in the first round hits. Was surprised by how fast I burned through the mags. :) Not the ideal gun for going prone, of which there was a lot today.

Also, only used about 50% of the battery, which I felt was pretty good considering how much I was shooting.

Spoke to another user who says a small titan brick will fit and who'd got a slightly stronger spring in. There was a noticeable difference, but I didn't feel compelled to rush out for upgrades just yet. The site was Green Ops, which is basically rhododendron jungle fighting, with a couple of slightly more open areas, so a good test environment. It might have struggled more in open woodland.

3rd burst is still brilliant.

46 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

First game day today and it ran well, despite my attempts to dig a trench with the magazines. I need to build a more MP5 specific rig. Hicaps ran well enough, trigger response and accuracy good, although I really feel some sort of micro red-dot would aid in the first round hits. Was surprised by how fast I burned through the mags. :) Not the ideal gun for going prone, of which there was a lot today.

Also, only used about 50% of the battery, which I felt was pretty good considering how much I was shooting.

Spoke to another user who says a small titan brick will fit and who'd got a slightly stronger spring in. There was a noticeable difference, but I didn't feel compelled to rush out for upgrades just yet. The site was Green Ops, which is basically rhododendron jungle fighting, with a couple of slightly more open areas, so a good test environment. It might have struggled more in open woodland.

3rd burst is still brilliant.

Good site. I was there today as well.

Yeah some of the rhoddy takes some getting through.I consider it a clean site regards to the terrain when wet. I think it's due to the sandy soil which soaks up the rain and doesn't turn to mud.

Regards 

On 23/09/2021 at 13:40, mightyjebus said:

initial design is finished and now printing parts and tweeking the design as I go along.

53161814_mp5magexploded.thumb.jpg.1e44284b1a6a369f9dc262ecff059310.jpg

1316202473_magprototype.thumb.jpg.dc5e9c89cad8d6b638ce01759af2846e.jpg

Is it fully functional? Also the "Bolt Stop"?

On 02/10/2021 at 13:46, Hatchet said:

What are people doing for batteries?

Best fit I've found so far is this -

mp5-battery.thumb.jpeg.a79b9b39a1646ec65ee9b73241c1a24c.jpeg

I've rewired it to MR30 connector (badly, I am utterly shit at soldering) and it does fit. 16AWG wiring, which seems the right sort of size. Some of the others have 14AWG, but then that's just thick enough to stop everything fitting. Dimensions on this are 86Lx33Wx15H.

There are probably nunchuck style ones that people are fitting in instead, but in terms of relative ease (once you get rewiring done) these should be simple enough to swap out at lunchtime. If you need the connectors you can get them here. You might be able to get everything fitting using the adaptor that's included, but I prefer to free up the space by not using it.

The biggest battery I have managed to fit in so far is this https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/4717/s/vapextech-airsoft-7-4v-1800mah-30c-lipo-battery-with-case-lp015-deans-version/

I think if it was any bigger it would be more of a struggle and in danger of pinching the wires, you can feel abit of resistance when you push the handguard into place

1800.thumb.jpg.9bec4600c4d567c24feee2ea02843c11.jpg

Anyone know what the limits are for the mosfet in terms of battery?

6 hours ago, hugo89 said:

Is it fully functional? Also the "Bolt Stop"?

no, not the first version. plan is to get this one working then work on the bolt stop.

• Supporters

I'm assuming I can't cut off the MR30 in the gun and get a regular deans in there instead given the 3 wires/crimped connections?  No idea tbh, never seen this connector before.  I just got to the point a few months ago where every single other gun and battery I have is all on deans, only took over a decade.

You could do, although you'd have a "spare" wire and then presumably not be able to take advantage of Marui's battery when it comes out. I'm not sure what the third wire would be used for but I'm guessing at battery cell monitoring of some sort.

Probably a smarter choice to just make up a connector though (as Jebus has illustrated)

Ho-Ho-Ho now I have a machine gun! well actually I've had the gun for a while but only one magazine.

348346170_mp5withmags.thumb.jpg.02faa5571464d229df6b493db1bf98bd.jpg

If anyone is looking for mags (not the 72 bb version as these are like rocking horse pooh at the moment) then try sendico. 

Sendico is a Japanese site that buys stuff for you that you normally can't buy from Japan. You need to sign up and add funds to the wallet to make purchases. The way it works is you find an item on their site, which browses all the Japanese retailers, and click buy. They charge you 500 yen per purchase (about £3.30) and then buy the stuff for you and give you a quote for shipping. Shipping just took me 10 days with EMS from Japan.

If you shop around you can find the 200 hicaps for as cheap as £21. it's also worth mentioning that if you buy 1 magazine from 1 place they will charge you £3.30 but if you buy 4 mags from the one place they will still only charge you £3.30

Also watch out as the old MP5 mags are usually listed as standard and the new recoil mags are listed as next-generation. here's an example:

https://www.sendico.com/rakuten/item/konan:11354709

I've got another 3 hicaps on the way and expect them to be delivered this week some time.