TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

With MP5's now starting to be delivered into the UK I thought it would be good to start of thread of people who have got or are wanting to buy the Tokyo Marui MP5 NGRS.

Something I saw on Facebook today was that RS handguards fit perfect onto the gun without any modification.

RS stocks however will not fit however without modification.

Below is a link to the Facebook post for people wanting more information

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TMInfoGroup/permalink/1218857961950989/

image.thumb.png.a29cc8dbff0ae25f92d2745b3480dbbe.png

1 hour ago, JamesWills said:

With MP5's now starting to be delivered into the UK I thought it would be good to start of thread of people who have got or are wanting to buy the Tokyo Marui MP5 NGRS.

Something I saw on Facebook today was that RS handguards fit perfect onto the gun without any modification.

RS stocks however will not fit however without modification.

Below is a link to the Facebook post for people wanting more information

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TMInfoGroup/permalink/1218857961950989/

image.thumb.png.a29cc8dbff0ae25f92d2745b3480dbbe.png

I saw that too. It sure looks great with the RS hand guard. I couldn’t tell which rear stock was which from the pics. I’m sure the RS one could be modified to fit somehow. A Dremel and so metal epoxy may do it perhaps? 

I don't have Faceache, but the picture above is interesting. The picture from earlier in the other thread seemed to indicate they wouldn't (the locking tab looked a different size and shape). Any indication if they can fit a battery too, because the Marui handguard looks bigger and that's apparently a tight fit?

The Surefire grip is such a classic look, although it does mean you can't run a suppressor at the same time. I am in two minds about running out to get a B&T one, or just doing the sensible thing of waiting for the inevitable aftermarket parts (or using a railed foregrip and just mounting a regular torch)...

Edited by Hatchet
More rambling

43 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

I don't have Faceache, but the picture above is interesting. The picture from earlier in the other thread seemed to indicate they wouldn't (the locking tab looked a different size and shape). Any indication if they can fit a battery too, because the Marui handguard looks bigger and that's apparently a tight fit?

The Surefire grip is such a classic look, although it does mean you can't run a suppressor at the same time. I am in two minds about running out to get a B&T one, or just doing the sensible thing of waiting for the inevitable aftermarket parts (or using a railed foregrip and just mounting a regular torch)...

It’s just a matter of time before the aftermarket parts become available. I’m sure the likes of Laylax and Angry Gun are already in the process of reverse engineering whatnot. One thing though they do need to sort out that front flash hider end. Having to use an adapter to screw on a suppressor is a tad pants. 

I thought it was a reasonable solution, but I say that from the slightly smug position of someone who still owns one of the Guarder MP5 QD suppressors. (I'm only smug until I find out it doesn't fit or something equally hilarious).

How many spare mags have people managed to get hold off?

Airsoft Direct have just put up pre orders for the 200rnd hi cap magazine

https://airsoftdirect.uk.com/tokyo-marui/tokyo-marui-mp5a5-ngrs-200-round-hi-cap-magazine-pre-order-only/

Might be the only mags you will be able to get hold of this side of Christmas

They did this with the AKM. Made a decent gun, but couldn't be arsed to make mags. 

I really, really want a saiga but this puts me right off.

I didn’t bother picking mine up due to the fact I could only get 1 extra mag, nowhere seems to have them so I’ll wait it out.

Did have a little play with one though, did feel amazing. Also happy that I know I can fit a Titan nunchuck in the Handguard.

On 07/09/2021 at 09:16, Wavey_Gravey said:

I didn’t bother picking mine up due to the fact I could only get 1 extra mag, nowhere seems to have them so I’ll wait it out.

Did have a little play with one though, did feel amazing. Also happy that I know I can fit a Titan nunchuck in the Handguard.

most places I am hearing that mags are 2 months out, I've got 2 high caps on order to allow me to use it in game in the mean time

Just seen on Facebook that someone has created an SD6 and I think it belongs to @SonnyMP5

I will let him share the photos 🤩

Edited by JamesWills

Looks great. I don't have access to a lathe. Then again, I still have both arms, which I probably wouldn't if I had access to a lathe. I can't be trusted with power tools.

Does it make much odds to battery space or is it much the same? Also, bold choice just jumping straight in there with the spring swap. Like it.

Any word on the compatibility of existing AEG stocks? I have a B&T side folder I wouldn't mind having the option putting on.

On 11/09/2021 at 10:02, SonnyMP5 said:

Yes did build up a SD6. Finished it last night came out lovely. Wasn't too hard to build if you can get original ICS parts and have access to a lathe to build an adapter. Longer barrel and new spring bumped my FPS up too 340 so looking forward to using it tomorrow for its first outing. 

Also fitted my magpul guard and gemtech QD suppressor from my other ngrs mp5 I built myself to see what fitted and they went straight on.

I have a real steel sliding stock that I wanna try out but I think only the rails of the stock will fit with some milling so I might stick with the original as it's way more solid than any sliding stock on Rif.

PXL_20210910_164400388.jpg

IMG-20210907-WA0005~2.jpeg

Looks great, who did the custom work for you if you dont mind sharing?

5 hours ago, SonnyMP5 said:

I did all the work. 

fair play mate have you considered selling kits?

Tbh it was time consuming just sourcing the parts I needed. Then factor machining the parts it would be a expensive kit. No doubt by next year laylax or another company will hopefully have built a SD kit or TM might even eventually offer over variants. 

Mine's arrived this morning. :)

I haven't yet sorted a battery (as I have no tamiya types), but initial fit and finish is as good as everyone says.  Feels solid and well balanced. Very minor wobble with the stock extended, but that's coming from the arms, not the body and there's no way of avoiding that I don't think.  Texturing on the lower receiver and fire selector is subtle but so much better than the old version. Fire selector is beautifully positive and trigger travel is fairly short and has reasonable spring resistance when pulling.

The front grip is slightly rougher than a real one I have here and the seam line on the bottom is more noticable, but it doesn't feel cheap and there's not flex in it, so there's no urgent rush to replace it. Although the real grip fits, it doesn't fit in the same way and sits a little off (bit high at the rear). I'll try and get pictures later. It's still usable and I don't think it's going anywhere, but it's not quite as locked in as the Marui one. This makes sense when you look at the way they connect - the "hook" inside the foregrip is a different shape for both and it's sort of only partially hooking on with the real one.

AEG stocks don't fit, the NGRS body is slightly wider than the old spec. Annoyingly my guarder MP5 suppressor also doesn't fit. I suspect there's just millimetres in it, but there we go. I shall investigate further and see if that can be sorted.

The low profile rail mount I've got does seem to fit okay though, contrary to some other people's experience. Might be the mounting method, or it might be I just haven't noticed it's skewed yet...

Getting a battery in seems to be the biggest pain with this, curse my fat fingers. I have ordered some new connectors (Amass MR30) so that I can at least get rid of the adapter to save some space. I'm wondering if the SD conversion has any more room @SonnyMP5 , and I'm also wondering where I can pick up a solid stock to convert.

Or, I guess, I could just have a bit of patience and wait for the inevitable aftermarket support, but that seems unlikely. 

Ordered a couple of high-caps off Impulse101 to tide me over until the standards come back into stock anywhere. No idea when they might actually turn up though.

On 20/09/2021 at 08:55, Hatchet said:

Getting a battery in seems to be the biggest pain with this, curse my fat fingers. I have ordered some new connectors (Amass MR30) so that I can at least get rid of the adapter to save some space. I'm wondering if the SD conversion has any more room @SonnyMP5 , and I'm also wondering where I can pick up a solid stock to convert.

Or, I guess, I could just have a bit of patience and wait for the inevitable aftermarket support, but that seems unlikely. 

Ordered a couple of high-caps off Impulse101 to tide me over until the standards come back into stock anywhere. No idea when they might actually turn up though.

Yer the SD conversion gives you way more room for batteries.

4 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

when the lack of spare magazines drives you to making your own......

1592801615_MP5magazine.thumb.jpg.c8fdc2b5f8cde8190c011e05557baa97.jpg

Looks great will be interested to see how it turns out, are you planning to use internals from a different magazine or make your own?