Best Bolt Action Rifles

RhodabBurke

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

TM Gspec with about £200 in upgrades

740DA5E4-42D0-4581-87E2-70254DA5431A.thumb.jpeg.4b51f18b13eb57cbeca11cb7bdb24366.jpeg

Edited by Groot

• Supporters

You're going to get a bunch of different responses as it's largely a matter of opinion at the end of the day. Also, you're going to get people like me answering truthfully, but unhelpfully; I think the pre-ban Tanaka m700 rifles are the absolute best bolt actions to have ever graced airsoft, but good luck getting one. Heck, even the KJ Works clones are hard to find!

*sounds of a salty airsoft sniper who wants one intensifies*

Il answer your question as per my experience , since this is what you have asked. 

Well mb01 & mb08 = not the worst but requires alot of mods/upgrades to make it consistent. They're also very big and heavy. 

Ssg10 a1 & a3 = all I've done is fit a tdc and it's very impressive.  I did apply foam inserts and heat shrink to the internals to reduce the rattles but apart from that it's great.  

IMG_20210825_180541.jpg

IMG_20210825_180524.jpg

IMG_20210825_180548.jpg

38 minutes ago, Impulse said:

You're going to get a bunch of different responses as it's largely a matter of opinion at the end of the day. Also, you're going to get people like me answering truthfully, but unhelpfully; I think the pre-ban Tanaka m700 rifles are the absolute best bolt actions to have ever graced airsoft, but good luck getting one. Heck, even the KJ Works clones are hard to find!

*sounds of a salty airsoft sniper who wants one intensifies*

The king arms ones are better than the kjw ones and they have the adjustable fps bolts right off the bat. Available too right now... but on places like justbbguns for some reason ahha

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Why start with a TM if you're going to replace the TM parts?

careful man, next thing you'll be asking why the first thing that's "the done thing" with a tm sniper rifle is to up the power when everyone knows tm's outrange everything ootb.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Why start with a TM if you're going to replace the TM parts?

As someone who has worked with multiple VSRs, the TM is the easiest to work with. There are tiny inconsistencies between the clone rifles that you'll only find when you do multiple builds. For example, the JG stock isn't ideal for with the Action Army magazines and can have feeding issues unless you loosen the front bolt a little; too tight and the mags don't click in, too lose and the mags don't feed

If I was going to do another build, I'd probably spend the extra £60 or so and just use a TM as the base.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.