New RIF for Christmas - dropping hints

Johnyboy1976

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

7 minutes ago, Oneshotscott said:

I'd respond with "you've got real nails, eyebrows, hair skin colour etc, so why do you want pretend ones?" 

Watch those eyes of hers scan to the left or right in search of a justification.. To make her happy perhaps? Well funnily enough airsoft makes you happy. 

Good luck. 

I wouldn’t 

1 hour ago, Oneshotscott said:

I'd respond with "you've got real nails, eyebrows, hair skin colour etc, so why do you want pretend ones?" 

Watch those eyes of hers scan to the left or right in search of a justification.. To make her happy perhaps? Well funnily enough airsoft makes you happy. 

Good luck. 

To be fair the mrs doesn’t use any of the false shite so many seem to use - I’m now possibly going down the route of buying one and wrapping it up for her.

Guarantee fire works on Christmas Day - i sleep downstairs with the dogs anyway so what’s worst thing that could happen 😃

48 minutes ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

…..what’s worst thing that could happen 

The dogs move upstairs 

I’ve bought my own presents pretty much forever.  Most people give up attempting to buy me ‘proper’ presents as they know that I’ll buy one myself the day before Im given it.

I get surprised by what people come up with for me 

Buying her a RIF is a good idea - either ‘the present for me with your name on it’, or encouraging her to take part in something that can be enjoyed as a family.

We have a few wives & girlfriends come out with us, sometimes as extra hands when running something and sometimes coming out to play.

One couple are regulars together - but they are best friends that happen to have married each other.

For one of our guys though that’s an absolute no - he sees it as his time 

I have tried to get her along to a game - but she has no interest and from experience i know its not  worth pursuing as she is stubborn.

But its time for me and the eldest - main reason i started doing it as it gets him out and about and with all the restrictions Covid put on pt at school i just want him to be out the house.

My youngest can start next year too so more the merrier , trying to entice the brother in law as he is ex forces but says he is too old as just turned 60 

4 hours ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

I have tried to get her along to a game - but she has no interest and from experience i know its not  worth pursuing as she is stubborn.

But its time for me and the eldest - main reason i started doing it as it gets him out and about and with all the restrictions Covid put on pt at school i just want him to be out the house.

My youngest can start next year too so more the merrier , trying to entice the brother in law as he is ex forces but says he is too old as just turned 60 

You’ve done the obligatory invite then

….. and going out at the weekend having a laugh and shooting people, in a non permanent manner is perfect father / son time *

* plus uncle/aunt/nephew/niece/ anyone

I never know what to buy the missus and vice versa.

We've got to the point now where we just drop links on whatsapp to each other around birthdays and xmas 😂

Christmas? It's September for fucks sake

On 30/08/2021 at 22:13, Rogerborg said:

Ask her to give you exactly what you want, explicitly, without any euphemisms or cryptic hints

This

• Supporters
On 31/08/2021 at 13:19, Johnyboy1976 said:

trying to entice the brother in law as he is ex forces but says he is too old as just turned 60 

Well that's a bollocks excuse. Pretty much every game I play these days there's someone over 60 there! In fact, one of the guys I regularly plays with has just turned 60 and has a replacement hip. Gets about better than I do truth be told!

Ive told him that myself - seen plenty of people older than that.

More than likely thinks I’m a bastard and doesn’t like me - but saying he is too old is polite 

42 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Christmas? It's September for fucks sake

This

I always do my shopping early unless its a item thats not released until the festive season such as one of those fancy advent calendar things with all the cosmetics in.

Other than the gift for the mrs - see above for what she is getting - Ive got my boys gifts and had no choice but to get them early as the new xbox and ps5 sell out within minutes and i wont pay a mark up 

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

one of the guys I regularly plays with has just turned 60 

66 and still playing regularly👍🙂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.