Most disappointing RIF purchase

Johnyboy1976

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have you bought a gun only to discover its an absolute pile of shite ?

bought my eldest a Evolution Tango Down ECR-5 ETS a few months ago and was shite from minute one. 

Took it in for a deans conversion and straight away problems occurred - mosfet was fried and despite having issued sorted it was still only achieving just over 100 FPS.

Anyway decided that I wasn’t wasting money on it and now its a expensive wall hanger.

luckily I’m happy with rest of my purchases and other than the one dissatisfying experience everything else I’m more than happy with

A2E4DEC5-7E1B-42BA-AE4B-C115CFD434F5.jpeg

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

Took it in for a deans conversion and straight away problems occurred - mosfet was fried and despite having issued sorted it was still only achieving just over 100 FPS.

without wishing to sound too blunt, but i'd consider finding a different tech.

or, take this gun as an opportunity to have a go yourself- if you've already consigned it to be a wallhanger then the worst outcome of fucking up trying to fix it is it'll still be a wallhanger.

as for dissapointing guns, think this qualifies:

up until that point i'd been under the impression lct and e&l were pretty much equals, but that shattered my illusions.

i suppose in lct's defence the quality isn't so much bad as simply not as good as the competition, but they do plenty of models (ie not ak's) where that doesn't apply.

Just looked at what i wrote - let me clarify .

The place i took it too put a battery on to see it worked as I’d not bought a AEG up till that point and i was going to get them to do some other stuff. When they put a battery on it wouldnt work - after investigating they discovered the mosfet was fried. I said fit new one - but they said the gun was so poor it needed serious work to get it upto standard. So it was then that i decided enough is enough.

I am a person who once tried to fit a car stereo and caused a electrical fire - I don’t do things myself as i either break it through frustration or because I’m heavy handed.

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

they said the gun was so poor it needed serious work to get it upto standard.

if the receiver is in good nick and there's nothing wacky going on in the design (eg recoil etc) then just wholesale replacing the gearbox is a viable strategy.

replacement boxes aren't that expensive (comparatively speaking) for example: https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/gearboxes-complete/ec-complete-gearbox-qd-v2-rear

however if she's cycling and just has low fps then there's a limited list of candidates that could be the cause.

40 minutes ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

I am a person who once tried to fit a car stereo and caused a electrical fire - I don’t do things myself as i either break it through frustration or because I’m heavy handed.

i'm probably not the right person to talk to about electrical fuckups...... :P

i tend to advocate doing your own tech work as it's a good set of skills to learn, and can (in the long run) save you a lot of headaches wether you've got a gun brand new or secondhand.

TM AA-12. I love the look of these and of course went for the drum mag as well. However I found setting the three hops frustrating, the gun made me quite immobile, the mag fed poorly and was loud while winding. All in all, it just felt like I was shooting three BB's when one would do.

• Supporters

CSI XR5 - After first game day, I thought it sounded odd … took it apart to find that it was dry as bone! Not a drop of grease anywhere 🤨 . Then decided to change the body colour parts … only to find that the bag contain 2 of the same part, was missing the cut out for the mag release 😡.

also an AW glock drum mag, when I got it I checked the gas seals etc, then put it away (pandemic etc etc) … went to use it the other week, the winder just span round, it was missing an internal gear. Neither the seller (airsoft storm on Amazon) or AW will help me 😡

Probably the KSC M93R. Looked great, all the trades, nice and weighty but everything else was meh at best. The finish was glossy and scratched easily, the slide weighed next to nothing and the recoil spring was super weak so it had basically no recoil and the range And accuracy needed the 3 the burst just to make hits. That and it was so big and heavy that hosting it was nearly impossible. I lost a mag because of it. 

Maruzen P99 NBB pistol. I've always loved the P99 and so when I found a shop with them in stock I was happier than a fat kid locked in a cake shop. 

Unfortunately it turned out to be a massive let down as the trigger felt spongy and as if it wasn't connected to anything. Also the mags would vent if you fired it on a slightly cold day which kind of defeats the purpose for buying a NBB pistol

• Supporters

Socom Gear M9A1 GBB pistol. It came with a nice Gemtech suppressor and looked good but it fit together like a dick in a shirt sleeve, had shocking gas efficiency and almost no discernible accuracy.

KJW m700 with an M40a3 stock.

Got this as a treat to myself 6 years ago - on the same day i got engaged to my now wife so i will never, ever sell it.

Look gorgeous, super smooth bolt pull and just feels so nice in the hand.

But being a gas sniper rifle, unless you HPA it it won't be the greatest in terms of consistency, and the hop nub on the upgraded set up isnt square either.

Edited by rj1986

Any pistol that isnt a TM basically....

WE Makarov - shoots fine if its over 20 deg C...

ICS Makarov - just shite - plastic collar around the CO2 inlet deforms and you get leaks

But the biggest turd of all ...

VFC MP9 - lovely externally.  Fires 1 BB before gassing out if you use it at anything less than 25 deg C with black gas.....utter rubbish

I do love threads like this, i add so many guns to my 'don't bother' list. So for all of you that get lemons or toys that dont live up to their externals/expectations, thank you.

Any version of NBB MK23 I've used. They perform incredibly and have absolutely earned their reputation for that, but fuck me if they haven't all been the saddest thing the moment I pull that equally sad trigger.

I want a pistol that goes bang, not that sounds like a trapped fart popping out. Purely goes down as disappointing for me because I didn't think it'd bother me as much as it did, alas, disappointment is a very personal/subjective thing.

Edited by alxndrhll

KWA MP7 full size, but pants inside.

Most recently VFC 416A5, doesnt even come with a rubber butt pad on the stock that is made from super brittle plastic.

1 minute ago, alxndrhll said:

Any version of NBB MK23 I've used. They perform incredibly and have absolutely earned their reputation for that, but fuck me if they haven't all been the saddest thing the moment I pull that equally sad trigger.

I want a pistol that goes bang, not that sounds like a trapped fart popping out.

Ahaha i have attempted to own an MK23 twice but never got anywhere because of the above, they are so mush.

On 30/08/2021 at 06:44, Johnyboy1976 said:

Just looked at what i wrote - let me clarify .

The place i took it too put a battery on to see it worked as I’d not bought a AEG up till that point and i was going to get them to do some other stuff. When they put a battery on it wouldnt work - after investigating they discovered the mosfet was fried. I said fit new one - but they said the gun was so poor it needed serious work to get it upto standard. So it was then that i decided enough is enough.

🤣

On 30/08/2021 at 13:15, Johnyboy1976 said:

bought my eldest a Evolution Tango Down ECR-5 ETS a few months ago and was shite from minute one. 

Anyway decided that I wasn’t wasting money on it and now its a expensive wall hanger.

luckily I’m happy with rest of my purchases and other than the one dissatisfying experience everything else I’m more than happy with

I saw few people mention bottom part of handguard ( as it is split ) is wobbly? Nice gun weird design  

On 30/08/2021 at 13:15, Johnyboy1976 said:

What optic is that? Looks nice

• Supporters
18 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I want a pistol that goes bang, not that sounds like a trapped fart popping out. Purely goes down as disappointing for me because I didn't think it'd bother me as much as it did, alas, disappointment is a very personal/subjective thing.

I have a NBB Desert Eagle from way back when the gas went in the gun and the mag looked like a pez dispenser. Now THAT'S sad when you pull the trigger!

48 minutes ago, lukeB said:

Still got an AMT Hardballer long slide knocking about somewhere.

Showed up to my first outdoor skirmish with it as a primary, with only 1 mag.

Western Arms GBB or the TM NBB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.