Interested in AEPs from cyma

GuapXLEntertainment

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys. I'm from Maryland in the United States. Our forums are kindof growing cobwebs over here, so I joined this Forum.

Anyway I had an umarex glock half blowback, and it's been slowly self destructing over the past year. I saw that Novritsch was going to be releasing a glock 18c based aep (which is hard to get imported in the USA). 

I like it because it fits hard shell holsters like the one I have for my gbb that took a dump on me. Also I can change the sights to original marui aep glock sights which I can make glow in the dark for tracer use. I like the idea of having it battery powered as opposed to gas pressure blowing seals and shit and buying gas all the time.

I hear allot of shit about AEPs though from cyma. And then i hear that they are low maintenance. So my question is.

1 - do they require any parts to be replaced to be reliable? I've heard the Sline mosfet is shitty, so a replacement mosfet might be in my sights as well as a better battery. I know they shoot about 200fps so I'm assuming that a tighter bore barrel, and a name brand hop up bucking could extend the range.

2 - what parts are recommended for quick trigger response? And is there a video tutorial on working on the gearboxes themselves?

I just want to know what I would be getting into. I dont want to spend more than $100 on parts to make it reliable, unless it pays off in the long run.

It is mainly going to be an indoor plinker, and a secondary to a sniper rifle.

Welcome. I hope airsoft isn't drying up over there 🤨

I had a CYMA Glock AEP a few years ago so my info is limited and may be out of date.

1  Mine didn't have a MOSFET but just got a higher mAh battery.  Tight bore and better Hop would be a safe bet.

2 AEP and quick trigger response will never go together.  Just not enough juice to kick the motor around.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, GuapXLEntertainment said:

I know they shoot about 200fps so I'm assuming that a tighter bore barrel, and a name brand hop up bucking could extend the range

You can assume it, but it won't be true.  The tiny cylinder volume is the limiting factor. I've tried the "M90" spring from Eagle6, and even with the air seal as good as I can get it, I've never seen over 0.5J (~237fps on 0.2g).

The trigger response will never be anything like a gas gun. I'm currently running a 7.4V 1200mAh 25/50C lipo capable of delivering up to 60A, and the fattest wires that I can stuff in there, and it's still lethargic.  It doesn't help that the triggers are also mushy, with none of the crisp clean break of a mechanical trigger.

You can sink loads of time and money into them, but it'll never be as performant or fun as a gas pistol or an AEG MP5K.

• Supporters

Just putting this out there:

With regards to batteries in aep's , has anyone ever tried running a full size AEG battery with one ?, maybe running it via a pistol lanyard set up, would that improve anything, or just end it's life lol ?

31 minutes ago, Tackle said:

With regards to batteries in aep's , has anyone ever tried running a full size AEG battery with one ?, maybe running it via a pistol lanyard set up, would that improve anything, or just end it's life lol ?

Someone must have tried it...

It will probably work for a short time before something burns out or grinds up.

Most likely not worth the effort.

Oh yes, I forgot about their tiny cylinder volume.  Not much you can do to improve that.

For pistols gas is king.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Tackle said:

it has been done, in the past … there was a thread about it on zeroin iirc

tbh though, if you can get a lipo adapter, you can get pretty small 7.4v lipo’s that do a pretty good job. I did a thread about it (cyma g18c aep) many many moons ago now, still have my little aep somewhere 😂

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Tackle said:

That's what I'm doing.  I have the CM.123 1911 and have drilled out the plastic under the barrel so that I can slide in a 116x17x13mm Turnigy nano-tech 1200mAh 2S 25~50C Lipo, with a Deans connector.  It does improve the response and ROF over the stock nimh or a tiny lipo, but from awful to just mediocre.  Adding a stronger spring degrades it again.

There are loads of things that you can try with AEPs, and it's been fun doing so, but there's only so much that you can achieve.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.