Bloody back orders

Johnyboy1976

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Everywhere you look most of the Gucci stuff is on back order - or you place an order and then it changes to being on back order.

Ordered my gas mags for the G28 and some for the PSG1 - been waiting months for the bastards and still no real updates.

Same with the 249 - but that i did know i would be waiting for.

But not just airsoft stuff - the brexit / Covid stuff is affecting lots of stuff.

Been waiting on spares for the night vision kit at work for ages so affecting everything.

Global logistics are entirely fucked and costs are only increasing. That has a knock on effect to the cost of raw materials and components increasing, assuming you're able to source them in the first place.

Combine companies not re-upping on items because the margins aren't good enough at current rates with the fact shipping costs are extortionate, if you're lucky enough to be able to find the space you want on a boat, and you have the recipe for where we are currently... and where we'll be for a fair old while.

Save yourself some money and forget about the PSG1, everyone who picks one up, seems to sell it on once the novelty has worn off.

10 minutes ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

Was my 1st gun and one of my favourites so wont be selling it 

Oh do you mean the TM?

No the umarex - only started with airsoft earlier this year. Loved the weapon in metal gear solid so got it - only started playing airsoft afterwards. Majority of my stuff is stuff I’ve used in real life or simply because its something different 

Edited by Johnyboy1976
Spelling error

All the good / competitively priced LiPo batteries seem to be out of stock everywhere as well, I'm assuming hit by covid / logistics / people buying gadgets during lockdown that use lithium batteries :(

16 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

All the good / competitively priced LiPo batteries seem to be out of stock everywhere as well, I'm assuming hit by covid / logistics / people buying gadgets during lockdown that use lithium batteries :(

Obviously don't know exactly what you consider 'good/competitively priced' or the sizes and powers you're after, but Vapex seem to hold a decent stock of most things they carry. They've been my go to for batteries for years.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
23 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Strong recommendation for Component Shop - they've never let me down.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/batteries/batteries-airsoft/batteries-airsoft-li-po-packs/batteries-airsoft-li-po-packs-74v.html

Ive moved over to compnent shop after hobby king ='s stock started to run dry.

Back on topic - I think Amazon has kinda ruined me as i now expect free next day shipping on everything.

When that's unlikely, i try and order as much as i can from the same shop, but as things get held on back order or OOS i often then just give up and not bother until i reallyyy need it

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.