Back after a long (10yr) break! Surrey/Hampshire

Stucks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello! After about a 10 year break in playing airsoft I've come back to it this year. Having a great time sorting out my kit and loadout and finding places around my area (Surrey/Hampshire) to play. A lot has changed in 10 years, firstly airsoft seems to have got MASSIVE, and also the law has changed. So although I have an old TM AEG, I'm currently getting in my 2 months of games so I can get a TM M4 MWS (after many many hours lost to research online and talking to people!) :D I've been going to games on my own, and have a good view of how things work to a newbie-not-newbie... some good, and some not so good. Will share in other threads!

The more I play the more I think I'm heading in the millsim sort of direction, I think, so lets see what happens! Good to be here and looking forwards to getting stuck in!

Cheers,
Stucks.

Hi Stucks, I've just come back to the hobby after a 20 year break and you're right it has got a lot bigger over the years. The big thing now is UKARA which wasn't around back then, obviously making trading and buying a lot easier back in the dark ages😀

Hello @Stucks

Welcome to the fold.👋

All manner of humanity lurk within these well thumbed pages. Seek and ye shall find*.

I expect you will have a lot of knowledge and experience to impart as well.👍

Enjoy your resurgence 🙂

*I seeked but never found my fuckin' transfer bar spring! ☹

Regards 

Hi @Stucks 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting back into it! 👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Edited by GAMBLE

Thanks everyone! The bug certainly hits hard..! Planning to go down to Greenops Sunday 5th September so may see some of you there!

I've been to UCAP Greenops in Liphook, and to UCAP Bunker in Portsmouth. Next to try is Southcoast CQB and Gunman Airsoft in Eversley. What I would really like to find is somewhere that organises games really well maybe splitting you into smaller squads that you stick with and actually think up some plan of attack, work as teams etc. I go to places on my own so what usually happens when the whistle blows is everyone scrambles in all directions like a disrupted ants nest and hopes for the best, some people have their smaller groups already which looks fun, and I sort of just run around piggy backing on different groups of people, in general people seem to not really know what's going on! Haha. Would be cool to do some light tactics, pushing, flanking, distraction, room clearing in CQB etc. I think it would make it a load more fun!

4 hours ago, Stucks said:

I've been to UCAP Greenops in Liphook, and to UCAP Bunker in Portsmouth. Next to try is Southcoast CQB and Gunman Airsoft in Eversley. What I would really like to find is somewhere that organises games really well maybe splitting you into smaller squads that you stick with and actually think up some plan of attack, work as teams etc. I go to places on my own so what usually happens when the whistle blows is everyone scrambles in all directions like a disrupted ants nest and hopes for the best, some people have their smaller groups already which looks fun, and I sort of just run around piggy backing on different groups of people, in general people seem to not really know what's going on! Haha. Would be cool to do some light tactics, pushing, flanking, distraction, room clearing in CQB etc. I think it would make it a load more fun!

I agree with you. Im originaly from Portugal and im more of a cqb wich was what i played there. Maybe we can go one of this days and play some cqb action.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.