Scam? or Not what's your think?

Cynthia

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello. I joined because I wanted to buy something from someone.
I bought LVAW Handguard from someone at the end of last week, and the seller confirmed it.
A few days later, the seller posted that he would resell the Handguard I purchased with additional options, ignoring the message I sent and continues to access this forum until now.
What are your thoughts? Fraud? Or just misunderstanding?
As I am a non-British foreigner, the legal issues in the UK are likely to be a little difficult.

Edited by Cynthia

• Cynthia changed the title to Scam? or Not what's your think?
  • Supporters

did you actually send them money or did they just agree to a sale then pull out?

sounds like you're not based in the uk? if so it's possible the seller wasn't willing to post internationally due to the cost/risk, however a legitimate seller would have made this clear and refunded if you'd paid them.

however if you paid them and they haven't sent it then that's a scam and i'm sure the mod team would be interested in further information.

if you paid via paypal using the goods and services option then you should be thinking about opening a dispute on there as that's the best chance of getting your money back.

if you used paypal friends & family or something else like bank transfer then i'm afraid the options are much less fruitful. Needless to say using paypal goods & services for secondhand transactions is strongly recommended for the protection it provides.

• Supporters

That, really.  Just initiate whatever chargeback process you have available to you, whether that's PayPal, or a credit or debit card.

Bank transfer, or PayPal friends and family, is always, always a scam.

Looks like this sale:

16 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

did you actually send them money or did they just agree to a sale then pull out?

sounds like you're not based in the uk? if so it's possible the seller wasn't willing to post internationally due to the cost/risk, however a legitimate seller would have made this clear and refunded if you'd paid them.

however if you paid them and they haven't sent it then that's a scam and i'm sure the mod team would be interested in further information.

if you paid via paypal using the goods and services option then you should be thinking about opening a dispute on there as that's the best chance of getting your money back.

if you used paypal friends & family or something else like bank transfer then i'm afraid the options are much less fruitful. Needless to say using paypal goods & services for secondhand transactions is strongly recommended for the protection it provides.

All right.

I live in South Korea, paid the seller, and the seller agreed to sell it to me.

Also, the seller visited the forum 6 hours ago.

I applied for a PayPal claim, but I'm really angry.

16 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That, really.  Just initiate whatever chargeback process you have available to you, whether that's PayPal, or a credit or debit card.

Bank transfer, or PayPal friends and family, is always, always a scam.

Looks like this sale:

Yes, that's the correct post.

Also, look at this. The seller also posted a post like this.

Do you think this is a normal seller?

Here's evidence that you paid the seller.

Could you help me with this by any chance?

Screenshot_20210816-181904_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210819-174750_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Cynthia

Well, we have helped you, the guys told you exactly what to do about your Paypal claim, you now need to wait.  The moderators will deal with the culprit.  To be honest I think you are being a bit naive if you think that in this age of COVID that someone is going to ship from UK to South Korea.  

9 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Well, we have helped you, the guys told you exactly what to do about your Paypal claim, you now need to wait.  The moderators will deal with the culprit.  To be honest I think you are being a bit naive if you think that in this age of COVID that someone is going to ship from UK to South Korea.  

Well, logistics is always open, Royal Mail and other carriers are always open.

Open doesn't equate to efficient.  Plus the fees to ship to South Korea would be exorbitant.  I think you are silly trying to buy in the UK when the main production area (China/Taiwan/Japan) is much closer to you.  A UK seller will likely never ship to you, hence why you have been ripped off.  I am not excusing the behaviour, just explaining it.

Edited by EvilMonkee

• Supporters

To be honest, would I join a forum virtually on the other side of the world, & expect a private seller with no history to ship to me ?

My answer would be no.

Focus on getting your money back & put this down as a life lesson, not helped by the issues worldwide possibly, as for the seller, if he's a scammer he'll be dealt with to the best of the mods abilities, unfortunately scammers are like herpes, always hidden away ready to pop up for another "go"

15 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Open doesn't equate to efficient.  Plus the fees to ship to South Korea would be exorbitant.  I think you are silly trying to buy in the UK when the main production area (China/Taiwan/Japan) is much closer to you.  A UK seller will likely never ship to you, hence why you have been ripped off.  I am not excusing the behaviour, just explaining it.

sir i already searched seller A_Trd made LVAW Handguard. in East asia.

and A_TRD Maker Located in Europe.

it is reason why i trade in UK.

Edited by Cynthia
Wrong Typing

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Cynthia said:

I applied for a PayPal claim, but I'm really angry

just gotta wait for that to run its course i'm afraid.

i think that's as much help as we can realistically provide. i did report my original reply just to get the mods attention and they'll be much better placed than we are to help out and dust off the banhammer if necessary.

15 hours ago, Tackle said:

To be honest, would I join a forum virtually on the other side of the world, & expect a private seller with no history to ship to me ?

My answer would be no.

Focus on getting your money back & put this down as a life lesson, not helped by the issues worldwide possibly, as for the seller, if he's a scammer he'll be dealt with to the best of the mods abilities, unfortunately scammers are like herpes, always hidden away ready to pop up for another "go"

Maybe yes

before yesterday, I don't know that forum style. and rules

I guess i wasn't careful because i was hurry to get thing.

now, i be careful now on...

15 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

just gotta wait for that to run its course i'm afraid.

i think that's as much help as we can realistically provide. i did report my original reply just to get the mods attention and they'll be much better placed than we are to help out and dust off the banhammer if necessary.

Thanks a Kind Man. Have a nice day.

Edited by Cynthia

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Cynthia said:

Yes right! cunt in everywhere.

Bloody hell..

Glad to see your mastery of English is almost perfect, well the important words anyway 🤣

👍

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Cynthia said:

before yesterday, I don't know that forum style. and rules

afaik there's no rules about international folk here, or buying/selling internationally, you're perfectly fine to join up, enquire and buy things in the classifieds.

it's purely down to the individuals, and whilst it's not often written (because most of our users are from the uk anyway) it's a safe assumption that people don't want to sell/post international.

yes it's prejudice, but sadly that's just human nature, i know i personally wouldn't want to sell anything outside the uk but rest assured i'd make that clear the moment i knew where i'd have to be sending something and refund any money paid.

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

Glad to see your mastery of English is almost perfect, well the important words anyway 🤣

👍

i thought it was practically mandatory that curse words are amongst the first learned in any language? :P

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

To be honest I think you are being a bit naive if you think that in this age of COVID that someone is going to ship from UK to South Korea.  

This doesn't come in to it. If the seller has agreed to, then the earnest is on them.

5 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

This doesn't come in to it. If the seller has agreed to, then the earnest is on them.

Doesn't invalidate my point. Still naive

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Why? A lot of guys are buying from overseas. Why wouldn't we send overseas so long as postage is paid.🤔

Just askin'👍

Regards 

Italy is different to friggin South Korea.  Its just added hassle I suppose.

Edited by EvilMonkee

Just now, EvilMonkee said:

Italy is different to friggin South Korea.

Do aircraft drop out of sky after Italy then or boats sink perhaps? 

🙂

Overseas isn't just Italy bud. X

If the buyers willing to pay, I’ll ship it wherever they like 💁🏼‍♀️ 
I sent a load of WW1 helmets to a collector in Australia a few years back, the shipping was exceptional but hey, they were happy to pay!

• Supporters

Shipped an idf vest to Beirut once, guy paid more in shipping than the vest cost him, seemed like a nice guy, hope he didn't go all Shahid with it though 🤔

5 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Italy is different to friggin South Korea.  Its just added hassle I suppose.

well, You keep going off topic and making me look like a stupid me because i'm naive.

well, watch your language. 

today, global world.

we're world where you can buy things on the other side of the globe with click.

today's not 1980 Analog age.

Edited by Cynthia

As a result of contacting the PayPal claim and the seller's post, I was able to contact the seller again.
As a result of contacting the seller, the seller did not send me a message because he could not use his cell phone.

Also, the seller sent me the shipping certificate, does Royal Mail normally send the certificate like this?

I apologize for embarrassing the seller's reputation and position in that the seller sent it, and I reconsider the relevant thread here. I'm sorry.

Image_548524.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.