SSG24 Issues - running hot!

danlangster9721

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently picked up a SSG24

Since getting the gun, (my first airsoft sniper) I've ran into a couple of issues that I'm hoping some of you kind fellows on here might be able to answer...

1. Joule Creep! With the m140 spring in and hop up all the way off I am getting 450FPS on 0.2s (1.8j) and 350 FPS on 0.45g bb's (works out to 2.58-2.6j) which is well over the site limits of 2.32j. I also noticed when I ram the hopup on for more hop I lose around 20-30FPS is this normal? Will shooting 300+ rounds break in the spring more to the level I need or should I leave it cocked overnight?

Other than that issue, I am really happy with the gun. Planning on stripping it down and doing a full clean out after the first game day with it on Sunday. One small wipe of the outside of the bolt came back a little mucky so I suspect some oil will make it better.

Edited by danlangster9721

If you pull the bolt back again because it didn't catch you'll load another BB, the bb feed happens close to the start of the bolt cycle, fix problem 2 and 3 will go as well. Problem 1, tune the gun/ spring to the BB weight you intend to use, not .2 for chrono, you're opponents will thank you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.