Hi all from Essex

Ant67

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all I’m completely new at airsoft,my son got me into it and loving it.just a few questions ,I’m looking at getting a l96 , and sidearm, is there a make that looks like  and feels like the real rifle what sort of sidearm should I be looking at will have to be mid range budget due to having kids in college,I am going for sniper as my legs are knackered all those years running around in green lol ,any advice will be great thanks,hope to meet some of you soon on the field 

Welcome to the sport mate 😁 you’ll absolutely love it, side arm choice I can comment on but not so much sniper choice, I’m a big gas fan so for me the perfect sniper would be a silverback SRS A2/M2 which is around the 550 mark so probably a bit more than you want to pay, sidearm depends on preference, do you want gas? Blowback or non blowback? Green gas or c02 capsules?, Electric? There are lots of choices for lots of price ranges, what is a general amount you’d want to spend on a sidearm? 😁

Hi @Ant67 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫😎👍

Good luck getting yourself sorted and enjoy it! 👍

💷GAMBLE💷

1 hour ago, Joe142 said:

Welcome to the sport mate 😁 you’ll absolutely love it, side arm choice I can comment on but not so much sniper choice, I’m a big gas fan so for me the perfect sniper would be a silverback SRS A2/M2 which is around the 550 mark so probably a bit more than you want to pay, sidearm depends on preference, do you want gas? Blowback or non blowback? Green gas or c02 capsules?, Electric? There are lots of choices for lots of price ranges, what is a general amount you’d want to spend on a sidearm? 😁

Hi mate still looking at pros and cons of all the gas electric etc probably around 120 for a sidearm as I want spare cash for mags etc I’m happy with a basic rifle for the moment to get me running thanks for  the info 

6 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

Hi @Ant67 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫😎👍

Good luck getting yourself sorted and enjoy it! 👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Thanks mate 

Hi @Ant67

Welcome to the melting pot that is AFUK.👋

Filled to the brim with reprobates,rapscallians,rascals and renegades.and that's just the admin crew! Lol

No only joking..put the ban hammer down.

Great bunch of helpful,knowledgeable guys.

Have fun looking and learning 👍

Regards 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters

Welcome, and hmmm.  The problem with sniper rifles is that they're literally hit or miss, and as stock, mostly miss.  It can be a very frustrating experience playing with one that's not at peak performance.  As far as I'm aware, none of the L96s are particularly usable as stock, so you'd be looking at putting in time and money to sort one out - or buy a pre-sorted, used one that you can personally test "shoots like a laser" (which is what every owner claims ;) ).  Always worth asking around at your local site, although doing so on Facebook can be a bit tricky given the Zuckerborg's attitude to anything assault-toy related.

On budget pistols, I would point at the AAP-01 as the best performance for money, but it's not modelled on any particular gun.  If you're doing an impression kit and want a mock-Glock, I'd suggest the Army Armament R17 as being surprisingly decent for the money: I use one as a CQB primary without issues.  The current versions don't have Glock trademarks though.

Brands to avoid like the plague are Nuprol (who just reband the cheapest random tat they can find) and Raven (which is a Nuprol rebrand!).

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Where about in Essex are you based and where do you skirmish? I'm based in Brentwood and Usually attend AP or Tower Airsoft (currently really enjoying tower's Tuesday evening events as they are long enough to have a good time, but don't eat up the weekend leaving it free for Kids).

I can't really advise on snipers, but at AP consider going DMR. Only 50 fps less and the benefit of semi auto.

There was a recent threat on pistols that is well worth a read: 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.