Altberg Defender boots

JVacation

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, 

Purchased some Altberg boots today from a Army Surplus in a great condition. 

I usually have size 10 1/2 trainers however the only ones they had near my size was a size 10 M. I tried them on and they felt okay at first, just a little bit snug as you would with any boots. I took them home and have been wearing them with a good hiking sock however the left boot just seems so tight and uncomfortable around my big toe. I can move my toes but it's harder compared to my right foot. After a while I start to notice that my left foot toes end up tingling and going numb so I take them off (after 30 minutes or so) 

Should I keep at it or try and return them? 

Cheers

40 minutes ago, Diemaco said:

I'd try to get them swapped if I were you. No point in trying to get on with boots that are too small for you. 

Yeah that is what I am thinking, although not sure what a private army surplus will be like if I ask to return/refund them!

• Supporters

Definitely return them, ideally tomorrow to save any quibbles, get an 11 or look for an alternative brand, no point in screwing your feet up for the price of a pair of s/h (?) boots.

1 minute ago, JVacation said:

Yeah that is what I am thinking, although not sure what a private army surplus will be like if I ask to return/refund them!

If the guy has an ounce of common sense he'll understand & change them without hesitation, although as their not faulty & you took them in the full knowledge that the size was incorrect, he may insist on a credit note to use against a future purchase, if no alternative size or boot is immediately available.

is it a bona-fide shop ?

17 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Definitely return them, ideally tomorrow to save any quibbles, get an 11 or look for an alternative brand, no point in screwing your feet up for the price of a pair of s/h (?) boots.

If the guy has an ounce of common sense he'll understand & change them without hesitation, although as their not faulty & you took them in the full knowledge that the size was incorrect, he may insist on a credit note to use against a future purchase, if no alternative size or boot is immediately available.

is it a bona-fide shop ?

It's a pretty official surplus shop. They are the local shop to a fairly big town. I purchased all my airsoft jackets and etc from there which have all been great. I am hoping he will do a refund out of good will and I will return when I need other bits and bobs. 

The issue altbergs don’t come in half sizes but they come with volume reducers so for a size 10.5 you will need a size 11 and if to big with your intended sock use the volume reducers to make it a size 10.5.

18 minutes ago, Allen428 said:

The issue altbergs don’t come in half sizes but they come with volume reducers so for a size 10.5 you will need a size 11 and if to big with your intended sock use the volume reducers to make it a size 10.5.

Didn't know that, might be the reason why my right foot (smaller than the left one) is snug but okay where as my left is just rather uncomfortable. I text the army surplus owner and he said "no problem" to my return so that's good news. I didn't mention refund though 

1 hour ago, JVacation said:

Didn't know that, might be the reason why my right foot (smaller than the left one) is snug but okay where as my left is just rather uncomfortable. I text the army surplus owner and he said "no problem" to my return so that's good news. I didn't mention refund though 

Might be worth checking if the volume reducers are fitted or not already (under insoles if they are already fitted) another consideration is they also come in medium and wide fitting.

Managed to return them for a full refund.. They didn't have a size up which is unfortunate. I currently play in a pair of columbia walking trainers which offer great grip but no ankle support. What do you recommend? 

32 minutes ago, JVacation said:

Managed to return them for a full refund.. They didn't have a size up which is unfortunate. I currently play in a pair of columbia walking trainers which offer great grip but no ankle support. What do you recommend? 

Viper multicam with double zip are pretty decent boots. Plenty of ankle support,comfortable and all the grip you will need. And very hard-wearing and good quality.they won't fall apart on you. 👍

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.