It's happened. I have hit peak airsoft.

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

Over the last few years, I have slimmed down my collection to what I will use. Sourced all the gear and accessories I need. 

I think... I am done.

Upgraded TM MWS 

Systema PTW 
Upgrade TM G-Spec
Upgraded GBB Pistol
Upgraded MP5K AEG

Upgraded MP7 GBB

My main Crye camo and various others.
Selection of gucci 1st and 2nd line
Helmet and comms 
Oakley boots
Selection of eye pro

About the only thing left is to buy fun team patches, ammo, gas and to maintain my kit. 

I'M SCARED!!

Pin on Movies, Music, TV, etc.

8 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Now you need to start doing impression kits. Sci fi, historical or just cool. 

Tried Larping at a Filmsoft weekend. I looked awesome but that level of RP wasn't me.

I am just a shooter

8E_143_7872813_2582586662_6.jpg

Screenshot 2021-06-03 171335.jpg

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

no hpa?

Team america i feel sick team america world police GIF on GIFER - by  Bluebringer

6 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

*GBLS has entered the chat*

Systema Master Race 

Buys a systema ptw and automatically thinks he's the best airsofter that  ever lived - Fat Airsoft Kid | Meme Generator

5 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Need a backup pistol there bud. 

The pistol rarely gets used enough to need a back up.

Plus how do you beat 
Glock Perfection Decal – Sonoran Defense Technologies

6 minutes ago, Groot said:

The pistol rarely gets used enough to need a back up.

Plus how do you beat 
Glock Perfection Decal – Sonoran Defense Technologies

AEP for winter then... :D

1 minute ago, Asomodai said:

AEP for winter then... :D

I will just have to run some black gas for the 3 shots i might do a day :P

I have spent so much on my pistol but never seem to have a reason to use it. 

Doing CBQ - Take the MP7 ( got I love that gun ) 
Winter games, run the PTW with more mags :)

Similar position.

I bought a lot of stuff over lockdown but got rid of a fair amount too. Not going completely minimalist but really streamlining my stuff and focusing on 24h games. I love, absolutely love (toy) guns, gear and gadgets, but I see them as a means to an end, rather then an end in of themselves. 

I'm not going to say its the end of my airsoft journey in terms of buying things but I have destination in mind and the end is in sight.

Aside from a few little bits and bobs (specifically some pressure switches, and maybe a softshell jacket ready for autumn/winter), I'd like to get an mp7 (for local cqb games and gas and spring only evenings), a thermal optic (for predator mode), and much, much later down the line a sniper rifle as I'd like to try Hunteering. I will check back in next year and see whats up. Please wish me and my wallet luck. thank you.

Edited by GeorgePlaysAirsoft

I was at that stage 3 months ago.

id sold all my non standard aeg to keep two that shared magazines but had different jobs.

An mws well, because it’s an mws.

and my cyma hi cap machine for the afternoons or when I remember that it’s a just a game and doing mag changes and bolt release catches may improve my experience 90% of the time but I can get out from my own backside and allow myself to just shoot and wind on auto.

so 4 rifs, a glock for hip candy because even though I shoot action air with pistols, I rarely use it in skirmishes.

But, then I started looking at simple toys that are made well but don’t have all the modern attachments for just enjoying running around and shooting and unfortunately I now have a sterling smg on order.

I even sold my hpa because whilst it performed better than any other rif i own at throwing little white bbs around, the hose pissed me off and the ease of sitting still picking people off in near silence meant it defeated the reason I started doing this (to run around and not get fatter).

Edited by Stratton Oakmont

18 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I like you, you're funny!

Give it 5 minutes, something new will come along and restart the cycle.

Of course there's always accessories like tracers, night vision and thermal imaging to stop your wallet getting too fat (if you're fancying night games/indoor CQB).

Do they make airsoft mortars?

I’ve been airsofting for 10 years and genuinely have never considered that ‘end point’. 

What do you do when you don’t need to buy anything any more, it must be like finding the holy grail? 

Surely we all dream of that perfect loadout, but has anyone ever attained it?

I guess I'm lucky that I currently don't crave any new pews.  (Until the S&T Enfield is out 😉)

I'm also not into loadouts which is where things can get really expensive.

My collection of pews allows me to change play style and they all shoot well enough for me to have fun. 

I'm happy to plink in the garden, tweak things if I get bored and skirmish once in a while 😆

...and I've got other hobbies to waste money on 🙄

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Groot said:

I think... I’m done .

Of course you do .

679A65E3-259C-4726-814A-D0A31BC343E7.jpeg

12 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Or an AK!

@Groot you will feel more complete after your ascension to AK.

Thats what the ‘think’ in your original thought was, you won’t be done until you AK, you just didn’t know what the disturbance was.

I did AK in my youth but it wasn't for me.

That said. IF i ever wanted to. I would go with a Suppressed Cyma 74U. Those are pretty little blasters

AK-74 (Object) - Giant Bomb

I briefly had a TM AK Storm. I looked at it. I held it. I thought meh. It wasn’t for me. In fact I’ve never been a fan of AK’s I just thought the modern twist to the Storm would convince me otherwise. Alas, it did not. 

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

What do you do when you don’t need to buy anything any more, it must be like finding the holy grail?

guess it depends on how you played the sport.

if you were in it more for the tinkering and less about the playing then getting to the endpoint of performance pretty much ends the enjoyment, especially if you've been playing long enough to see the same old problems just go around in circles.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.