Can you fit British Army issue SUSAT sight onto ICS L85A2?

BoneyT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My son wants his L85A2 to have the complete look by having a susat sat on top of it. Can he fit a genuine issue one? If so, how? If not, what alternatives would you recommend?

Thanks guys and gals!

What make of l85 does he have as it is a case of depends? There should be Airsoft replicas of a susat that will fit and be significantly cheaper and lighter than a real steel susat.

I would guess a real one would fit but unless you already have one why would you want to get a scope that costs more than the gun?

Found this one: (non illuminated)

https://www.tacticalgeartrade.co.uk/airsoft-4x-susat-scope-for-l85-series-l9a1-black.html

No guarantee it will fit but I think it should.

Maybe message them to ask if it will it your make.

Edited by EDcase

7 minutes ago, BigStew said:

What make of l85 does he have as it is a case of depends? There should be Airsoft replicas of a susat that will fit and be significantly cheaper and lighter than a real steel susat.

ICS

2 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I would guess a real one would fit but unless you already have one why would you want to get a scope that costs more than the gun?

Found this one:

https://www.tacticalgeartrade.co.uk/airsoft-4x-susat-scope-for-l85-series-l9a1-black.html

No guarantee it will fit but I think it should

That looks really good and is much more affordable. How to be sure it will fit the 19mm l85 rail???

• Supporters
20 hours ago, BigStew said:

Apparently the G&G susat will fit.

Yup it does , I had all three at one time . 👍

I am going to be a little contrary here but....

I have the ICS L85 and reading fourm posts got a G&G Susat from fire support (ignored the warning on their page that it does not fit the ICS) and when it arrived it did not fit. The G&G L85 rail is 1mm wider than standard so the susat was wobbly and could not be tightened further to fit. Even fully tightened it still moved about.

I believe that there may be variants to of the G&G Susat as many people say they fit but just beware!

The ICS is a millitary spec rail and will fit a real Susat. Also most of the £70 reproduction susats floating about are the same fitting. I got a random one of ebay and it was a ok.

Edited by WarriorTed
Spelling

• 4 weeks later...

ICS is a 19mm rail, the same as a real L85. The G&G is a 20mm

ICS do a 20mm conversion rail for their L85/L86 if you want to run normal picatinney sights (although some will clamp small enough to fit the 19mm)

Edited by MadMole

My buddy has an Army Armament L85 with a real steel deac SUSAT (tritium rod removed). Fits without any issues. His cost a small fortune I think and came from one of the mil surp shops about 15 years ago. You still see them pop up from time to time but the price has gone up pretty steeply on the real units. There's one on gunstar atm with case and the trimmings for £750.

https://www.gunstar.co.uk/small-arms-transit-cased-2005-dated-l9a1-susat-4-x-magnifica/Accessories/1319620

Edited by Iceni

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2021 at 22:19, Cannonfodder said:

You could use a few strips of electrical tape as a shim to make the sight fit properly 

I have a few layers of fabric/sniper tape over mine. 20mm rail parts fit perfectly. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.