Good Beginner/Intermediate gun that will last.

JVacation

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 06/08/2021 at 07:58, Oneshotscott said:

Don't want to go off topic too much but have nuprol recently done something wrong? Yeah, alot of their stuff is a bit Chad valley and I'd avoid their guns. 

They've never done anything right 🤣

Its a company that rebrands other low end OEM stuff and they haven't released anything good from rifs, chargers or even BBs.

On 06/08/2021 at 08:08, Stevobeavo said:

Another vote for the double eagle 904. Shoots and built much better than my Specna arms E07

Isn't Jing Gong the OEM for Double Eagle?  I know they are the OEM for Golden Eagle.

Edited by EDcase

I know it's a touch above your budget but with your 10% discount at onlyairsoft you could get an arp 556 for £270. I have one and although it is a bit "boingy" it shoots really well and has a mosfet with a 3 round burst option.

@JVacation if i had to sort out a starter to get into Airsoft, I would do the following

JG G36 https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/bb-guns/realistic-bb-rifles/by-model/g36-variants.html?product_list_order=price_asc 

£140 

I would spend another £50 or so and get it into a gun tech for a gearbox look over, reshim, regrease, change to deans and change the hop rubber to a maple leaf. 

Then, bar ammo, batteries and eye pro. You have everything you need to get going. 

470 round mag and a solid, reliable AEG, that would be on par with the highest gucci guns on the field.

There is a reason that most sites run G36's as hire guns. They just work. Robust, good gearbox and rotary hop.

Edited by Groot

9 hours ago, JVacation said:

Cyma are great but I feel their strengths are in the AKs, not sure what their m4s are like. 

Have you actually tried there m4s?

They are very good these days.

At you budget you might be able to pick up an e&c and given the best specnas were oemd by them that tells you something of their quality compared to specna.

13 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

This is admittedly a little biased from me but how about...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m904e-fire-control-system-edition?pv=15411

... which for the price I'm totally blown away by and love using. Plus points...

# Programmable (to a small degree) optical MOSFET included, you can setup a hair trigger and the three shot / burst auto is good as well.

# The gearbox shell has been radiused so will last a little longer.

# It has a quick change spring.

3 hours ago, Stevobeavo said:

Another vote for the double eagle 904. Shoots and built much better than my Specna arms E07

Haven't heard much about Double eagle, I know the externals are made of a polymer I believe? Are they pretty reliable? Can't seem to find much online about them

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

The great thing is that there are few bad choices at the moment from the decent (non "BBgunz") dealers.

Except...

4 hours ago, EDcase said:

Just stay away from Nuprol

Agreed.  Whatever random OEM they've chosen this week, with every fraction of a Yuan chiselled off of the manufacturing cost.  That's the thing about buying a manufacturer's own brand, they're putting their own reputation on the line.

1 hour ago, ak2m4 said:

Are you from Reddit 🙂  CYMA M4's are super decent for the price.  

And they're cheap because they make so many of them and quickly amortise their costs.

I would caveat that by saying that the cheap plastic ones have a Tonka Toy external feel, but the internals are perfectly robust and perform adequately enough to get started.

But OP already knows that having bought a CYMA AK which ticks all the longevity and performance points.

It's really just a question of finding something with the same value proposition but more hand-appeal.

3 hours ago, JVacation said:

Haven't heard much about Double eagle, I know the externals are made of a polymer I believe? Are they pretty reliable? Can't seem to find much online about them

The externals of them depend upon the model you buy, some are an alloy and some are polymer, e.g. the M904E and M907E are identical internally and look identical as well but the M907E has an alloy handguard and receiver.

Everything I know about them implies that they're quite reliable, however there are not many of them out there so it's not a certainty (but I'm fine if one day mine fails as I know it's bog standard internals and I can just swpa parts out).

6 hours ago, EDcase said:

Isn't Jing Gong is the OEM for Double Eagle?  They are the OEM for Golden Eagle.

If you look online there's nothing that confirms this either way, and some have made assumptions based upon the use of the word "Eagle".

All I know is that Double Eagle are a Chinese toy manufacturer, it appears that they make RC cars / toys primarily, and they imply that they have their own facilities for manufacturing (moulding plastics etc.). I'm just making assumptions but I've a feeling that their guns are a bit of a mongrel with some parts being theirs, some being other OEM's, and they assemble them themselves?

Edit: If anyone's interested they, DE, list part of their address as "Fujian Qing An Precision Machinery" in China, and this factory has made shipments to both Umarex and Crossman so I'm assuming that this factory manufactures for them. This factory also used to own the trademark "QAP" who sold airsoft products, who's logo was two eagles (hmm, double eagles eh). This has sent me off down a rabbit hole so I think it best I just outright ask Double Eagle if they manufacture themselves or use an OEM.

Edit 2: If you go to DE's website... http://www.deairsoft.com/ ... they actually have the "QAP" logo in the top left corner of it so they are one and the same. I've now directly asked them about their manufacturing as one way or another I now have to know.

Edit 3: I really must stop this and get back to work, reading their website properly (rather than making assumptions) they say...

Double Eagle is well known for its innovation and quality control. We control the entire process - from raw materials to the final product itself. Our experienced management team is comprised of highly skilled professionals and can use firsthand experience to address the challenges of our customers.

The company not only has established its own brand but has also built extensive cooperation with well known international airsoft gun enterprises. We are the main Walmart and Carrefour supplier as well as the main partner for Crosman, ActionSportGames and Umarex

... so it looks like they may well make the ASG Scorpion Evo 😲

Edited by Fatboy40

• Supporters

Huh, I did not know that.  All I really knew is that they make what am bestest gnu EVER, the Double Eagle M83 A2.  I mean just look at this bad boy, that's nearly 200fps of raw pulsing plastic gearbox power there, a red dot, 10,00,0000 lumen tactical flashlight, 100% grippable grip and a fully suppressed silencer.

Most noobs go for the orange, but just between us, blue adds the most Joule creeps.

Double Eagle M83A2 bb gun

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

... so it looks like they may well make the ASG Scorpion Evo 😲

ASG make the EVO in Denmark. One of the reps posted pics from a factory tour a couple of years ago.

On 06/08/2021 at 16:23, Rogerborg said:

Huh, I did not know that.  All I really knew is that they make what am bestest gnu EVER, the Double Eagle M83 A2.  I mean just look at this bad boy, that's nearly 200fps of raw pulsing plastic gearbox power there, a red dot, 10,00,0000 lumen tactical flashlight, 100% grippable grip and a fully suppressed silencer.

Most noobs go for the orange, but just between us, blue adds the most Joule creeps.

Double Eagle M83A2 bb gun

This was my second ever airsoft gun, but mine was orange and black. I still have my first ever airsoft rifle:

image_2021-08-09_115302.png.910adb84e78945d2cabd6dd0543aebb7.png

The good ol' HA2020BA Spring SA80, albeit mine was orange. I still actually have it lmao

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.