VFC FN FAL

Smee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Late to the party here.
Just seen that at last years expo VFC announced they were going to do a GBBR FN FAL, has anyone heard anything about this ? Like an expected due date, or an SLR conversion kit

Most recent detail I can remember is Red Wolf having a webchat with one of the members of the company. They were claiming a September or October release. At the moment they seem to be concentrating on their new BCM range. 

Shame, its a VFC so the gearbox will explode in 20 seconds of use. Why o Why cant a good make do one (ICS, G&G are you listening?)

16 minutes ago, MadMole said:

Shame, its a VFC so the gearbox will explode in 20 seconds of use. Why o Why cant a good make do one (ICS, G&G are you listening?)

Wouldn't mind an aeg version, probably would replace everything bar the gearbox shell and selector plate.  Could see G&G having a go at one. They have made the FNC in the past. Also the M14 and Type 64, so they have history with 7.61x51 models. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s a real pity that no more news seems to be leaking out from vfc, it would be a good seller for them

18 hours ago, DerDer said:

Was optimistic that we might see something at Shotshow or IWA but nada. At this stage we might see a VFC carl Gustav released before their FN FAL. 

If they didnt release the FN Fal this year but did release a VFC Carl i would not mind a bit lol

11 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Just really bizarre why, as the internals will pretty much be the same as their G3

Didn't the G3 have issues with efficency and more importantly accidental venting amongst other things? Possible that + COVID and the success of their other guns that are much easier to make with minimal R&D (BCM Range seems to be selling very well for example) might have put a stop to or at least a hold on this rifle.

Would love to be wrong though as I'd be ordering one in day one if it ever does come out.

• 3 weeks later...

I know they mentioned Q3 last year. so I suspect they found another issue or something came up in production. At least it proves that they haven't given up on it.

I'm still really hoping it arrives soon though. would be even nicer to have one in wood or even better an L1A1, but I'd take any FAL/SLR at this point...

Edited by Crazy_Crystal

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

I foresee this in my future....

giphy.webp

Haha. Mine has been like that for years.... empty lol

On the topic of MoA I managed to get a few details from someone who is there and has been talking to the VFC reps. Current thinking is a release sometime around July (I have little faith in that bit unfortunately) the price has also been aimed at 19800 TWD which is around £530 plus tax at current exchange rates.

Materials wise it sounds like it's mostly steel, including the bolt however, interestingly they've chosen not to apply the full trademarks to keep costs down.

All in all it sounds fairly promising and definitely a rif that I'll be trying to get my hands on when they do come out 😏

FB_IMG_1648908803371.jpg

Thanks for the update.  Couldn't care less about trades and good to have a release date at least pencilled in.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.