What does single fire mean ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new to this whole ordeal so apologies if this is obvious but I'm looking online at an mp40 for 30 quid and in the description it says single fire has to be cocked after every shot 

It's a spring gun aswell 

I was wondering if this meant that it was a semi auto or would I have to pull the bolt back every time I want to shoot and if this is a waste of money 

https://www.justbbguns.ie/german-mp40-airsoft-bb-gun/

Here is a link to it if someone can elaborate for me 

It needs cocking for each shot.  It's a waste of time.  

Personally, I wouldn't purchase anything from that place ever again.  

Have a search on here for beginner rifles.  Plenty of advice as it's a question that's often asked! 

Start reading HERE

Yeah, avoid that one unless you just want to hang it on a wall (why) or plink in the garden a bit.

It will have terrible accuracy and not last long before something breaks. (It is all plastic)

Look for one with AEG in the description. (Automatic Electric Gun)

The cheapest decent AEG will start around £120

A quick search and the cheapest MP40 I can see is £140 (with two tone) from HERE

No picture for the black one but you will not be allowed to buy a black one.

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.