Helikon training mini rig

Tackle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey guys, thinking about downsizing the literal ton of rigs etc I own, like the look of the helikon TMR, only issue I might have is mag size, every review & pic I can find relates to AR/stanag size mags, can't find any reference to larger mags such as M14/FAL/G3 mags, all of which I use.

Anyone own one & use it with these mags, don't want to buy one only to find out it's not up to the job ?

TIA 

Mark

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Tackle said:

Hey guys, thinking about downsizing the literal ton of rigs etc I own, like the look of the helikon TMR, only issue I might have is mag size, every review & pic I can find relates to AR/stanag size mags, can't find any reference to larger mags such as M14/FAL/G3 mags, all of which I use.

Anyone own one & use it with these mags, don't want to buy one only to find out it's not up to the job ?

TIA 

Mark

I think @Skara has a TMR so should be able to clarify but I'm fairly sure it's built around 5.56 platforms. The Competition MultiGun Rig might be better for you or maybe one of the plethora of "modular" rigs out there (Spiritus, Haley, WTF et al plus all the moody copies).

• Supporters

This is a pretty decent review and he shows it running SR25 mags so maybe... 

It only takes 5.56 mags, or 5.45 ak ones if you flip them bullets (bbs really) up.

I would go for a haley rig if I were you, it's more versatile than the TMR (or the multigun rig) as it takes 4 mags instead of 2/3. And you can still use it with 5.56 mags due to the mp2 inserts.

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

SR25 mags

wut?

They look like steyr 5.56 mags :D

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

wut?

They look like steyr 5.56 mags :D

Around 3:50 he puts in an SR25 mag, he even points out that you may need to put something in the bottom of the pouch because they're shorter mags.

Not forgetting the centre two of the m4 slots are a sleeve that can be removed and replaced with any other helikon insert that fits in (pistol or other mags). 

If you're after a multicam tmr I may be selling mine that I've used for 5 game days (send me a pm) as I need to decide in the next few days what to keep/sell as I've accumulated a lot of stuff. 

Maybe the newer ones have wider side pouches, mine is from the first batch ever made and it's pretty tight for anything that's not an M4 mag.

• Supporters

Thanks guys, only after an OD one, & my pockets ain't deep enough for Haley kit etc, might have to find a retailer who does Airsoft kit & may be able try one with a mag ?.

Alternatively I'll punt around for a s/h one that I can mod ?

Would.it be worth a look at the ops minimo. There's been a few about second hand lately. It's a similar design and they are usually available via hueys (they have been good in the past for me) and the ops stuff isn't bad at all. 

You can mod it, of course, but I don't think it's worth the hassle, there are more suitable rigs out there (starting with the competition multigun rig) for 7.62 mags.

Edited by Skara

I have a TMR and you can fit 2 x scar in the 'chest' pocket. the M4 sleeve is removable and I put in my own sleeves dependant on the rifle I'm using. Ive used AK, M4, MP7 and SCAR mag sleeves in mine

• Supporters

Turns out 8fields do a TMR knock off that takes various mag inserts, gonna give one a try, how bad could it be 😭

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.