Boafeng Uvr5 - Any good???

BoneyT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Really easy to program

UV-5Rs?  That's the one thing I wouldn't  say about them.  Every time I need to do anything to mine, I have to find and rewatch some WuTube tutorial.

Guess it depends what your memories like 😉 I’ve just programmed 3-4 channels into mine in a couple of minutes!

Once you’ve got the hang of it you can do it pretty quick, from factory reset I can set one up in probably about 15 minutes?

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

UV-5Rs?  That's the one thing I wouldn't  say about them.  Every time I need to do anything to mine, I have to find and rewatch some WuTube tutorial.

Use Chirp. Piece of piss.

8 Baofengs and a licence. Most of our team now have them. I set up a Chirp program map and just send all the newbies a chirp export file that's customised with their name etc. The map has the legal licensed frequencies and the PMR ones all mapped in. I've moved from the 5r to the 9r as its waterproof, which is a bit more secure for wet game days

Swap the aerials out for a genuine Nagoya 771 one, or Retevis' version and the range is good enough for anything an airsoft game is likely to throw at you

Oh and when purchasing them, get them direct from official Baofeng and web sites, there is a ton of fakes and clones. When you test the fakes they have low power and terrible performance/ noidse etc. the genuine are superb 

@MadMole any chance you can send me a copy of that chirp file. Taking that one step further other than that chirp program I’ll need a programming  lead to program the frequency map right? So if the site has a business use license what’s the legal frequencies we should use? 

cheers 

• Moderators

As mentioned above it’s so easy!!

get the license, it’s nothing over 5 years 

download Chirp off internet, it’s free anyway, follow YouTube if needed to use, aloe is copy/paste and takes send one to programme radios

Buy the programme cable as well, I think some radios may come with one it just depends on the seller?

Done

i have 2 radios and set up a friends, only a few things you need to do but it’s all on YouTube 

I also blame @Lozart…!!!!!

• Supporters
2 hours ago, djben9 said:

I also blame @Lozart…!!!!!

Yay! I'm a bad influence!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.