Selling

Paul Taylor

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

If you actually want it to sell, then we usually recommend asking about 70% of the current lowest retail price for the parts fitted, plus smaller amounts for anything extra thrown in (big bundles have a harder time finding someone who wants everything in them).

Do yourself a favour by working out postage and PayPal fees beforehand and including those in the asking price.

Opinion can vary on value, especially for rare or out of stock items, but that doesn't apply here.

Best of luck.

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Do yourself a favour by working out postage and PayPal fees beforehand and including those in the asking price.

Would you stop raising irks of mine, makes me want to rant about subjects which have already been discussed to death.

"Here's how much I want for my item but I can't be bothered to workout (Google) the Paypal fees or tell you how much I want to post it, because I haven't bothered to think about that either"

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Would you stop raising irks of mine, makes me want to rant about subjects which have already been discussed to death.

90% of most forum and group content is people chewing the well gummed fat.

I take it as a sign of trouble, that the seller either doesn't really want to sell, or is lazy and reactive (which has ominous implications for them actually posting it).  You're going to have to figure it out anyway, so why not do it before you list?

Usual advice for buyers, ask for a PayPal invoice listing the goods, postage and total amount that you'll be paying.

Sellers, work this out in advance, and calculate how much you need to ask for in order to get what you want in your pocket.  Don't make a buyer do this for you: the fees are being taken off what you receive, not added on to what they pay.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.