CYMA Shotties

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In the 16-odd years I've been playing airsoft, I've never actually played with a shotgun before. However a site within reasonable travel distance is doing monthly pistol/shotgun evenings and I quite fancy a go.

Don't want to spend too much, so was looking at CYMA tri-shot springers (CM.350 et al) as a starting point.

Are they any good? Otherwise, what am bestest cheap (sub-£100) shotties?

• Supporters

The Cyma shotties are as good as any other springer.

I have a gas JG/Golden Eagle (whatever they call them) and that's pretty nice for a sub £100 gas shotgun (it's a little breacher style jobbie).

22 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

In the 16-odd years I've been playing airsoft, I've never actually played with a shotgun before. However a site within reasonable travel distance is doing monthly pistol/shotgun evenings and I quite fancy a go.

Don't want to spend too much, so was looking at CYMA tri-shot springers (CM.350 et al) as a starting point.

Are they any good? Otherwise, what am bestest cheap (sub-£100) shotties?

I have a double eagle one and i couldn't skirmish it for a whole event as my stick man arms couldn't handle that level of abuse.

Honestly give a tri shot springer a go before you buy, a couple of my mates couldnt even pump mine!

Those golden eagle gas shotguns are fantastic and a rediculous bargain, i should have got one of those instead of my springer as it would actually get used.

Edited by Mad-Al

24 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The Cyma shotties are as good as any other springer.

I have a gas JG/Golden Eagle (whatever they call them) and that's pretty nice for a sub £100 gas shotgun (it's a little breacher style jobbie).

Thanks - I'll have a look into those.

14 minutes ago, Mad-Al said:

Honestly give a tri shot springer a go before you buy, a couple of my mates couldnt even pump mine!

Interesting - I've not heard of that as an issue before.

• Supporters

You'll want to cross your fingers.  My CYMA tri-shot hops one barrel fully and the other two randomly or not at all.  Arguments that this creates a "spread" don't hold much water as at close range I don't need it, and at long range it spreads more than I want it.

However, a chap pulled a similar CYMA out at the range the other week and was getting a beautiful head / groin sized cluster out of it at woodland ranges.  It was slightly over-hopping 0.25g and would likely have been spot on with 0.28g, which is what my "good" barrel prefers.

Both of mine (CYMA, ASG Franchi with no effective hop) need a good old haul on the trigger, which somewhat obviates the benefit of a pre-cocked gun.

They're great fun though, and there's a real feeling of satisfaction when you get a hit from energy that you've put in.

Top tip for cocking a pistol-grip shottie is to push the grip and gun forward, rather than pulling the pump backwards.  Same effort, but a more effective use of your muscles.

You'll either get a gun that shoots like a laser and out ranges anything or will break after a couple of shots or the stock will snap but it keeps shooting.

I have one and reading the comments here it seems I lucked out then. My cm.351m is amazing and hops .28s out to about 45 - 50m. I love it, even playing in woodland as I do :D 

I had a Cyma shotgun and it performed very well, considering how cheap it was. Well worth it.

Right-o, some polarising reports there.

I think I'll take a punt on a CYMA springer. It's more for curiosity really. If I like playing with a shotgun I'll consider something more elaborate (i.e. TM Breacher) in future.

2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I think I'll take a punt on a CYMA springer. It's more for curiosity really. If I like playing with a shotgun I'll consider something more elaborate (i.e. TM Breacher) in future.

The good thing is they aren't that expensive. I got mine from Taiwangun before Brexit so I only spent like... £60 all in for the shotgun, 6 extra shells (for 9 total) and a molle attachment for the shells, but even from the UK it's still sub-£100.

• Supporters

If it’s for a ‘pistol/shottie’ game night then yes definitely get a cheapo springer for it .

l’ve got a TM KSG which is awesome in CQB BUT I also have just as much fun with my 30quid cyma and double Eagle springers as I do with the TM . 😁
The secret to ‘tromboning’ a pump action shotgun is push the gun away from you with your trigger hand as you pull the pump grip towards yourself with the forward hand , it doubles the power you can put in to it and with a bit of practice you’ll be loading nice and fast . 👍

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

If it’s for a ‘pistol/shottie’ game night then yes definitely get a cheapo springer for it .

Yeh - it's a CQB monthly pistol/shottie only night. I don't need AEG range/accuracy, just need to chuck BB's in the general direction I'm pointing.

Cyma spring shotties are good fun and really cheap.

I picked up a breacher style cyma from the boneyard at patrolbase (all that was wrong was the loading gate needed filing down to prevent snagging)

So far i have only shot it in my back garden, as i have only been to one CQB game since i bought it, but didnt take it with me as the site also had woodland areas i felt were unsuitable for a spring shotty.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Yeh - it's a CQB monthly pistol/shottie only night. I don't need AEG range/accuracy, just need to chuck BB's in the general direction I'm pointing.

Some of the best gaming fun I’ve had has been at short timescale limited type of gun to use games . When you’ve only got pistol mag and shotgun shell capacities being used by everyone at the game it certainly gets the adrenaline flowing ! 🥵🥵😂😂👍

7 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Some of the best gaming fun I’ve had has been at short timescale limited type of gun to use games . When you’ve only got pistol mag and shotgun shell capacities being used by everyone at the game it certainly gets the adrenaline flowing ! 🥵🥵😂😂👍

That's what I'm hoping. I'm bored of actually playing airsoft - I have more fun tinkering with guns etc these days. But I have two teenage sons who love playing, so I want to mix things up a bit and try new things.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I may just have been unlucky with mine, I've seen plenty of good reviews and a few decent examples.  It still works, just not with the same efficacy as others that I've seen.  In very CQB the spread isn't an issue, although I would prefer a lighter and more discrete trigger pull.  All that said, I still quite often pull it out of the bag at the end of the day when things have quietened down a bit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.