Upgraded VFC HK416A5 V2 (AEG) Question

Voodoo.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Here are the upgrades that were installed:

• ORGA 05LEX 6.05mm Inner Barrel - 275mm
  • Prometheus Air Seal Chamber Packing – Soft
  • Firefly Namazu Flat Hop - Hard
  • Air Pad V2/V3 3/16" 70D

I also cleaned up and shimmed the gearbox. The reason for the post is that I'm currently wondering what BB weight I should use. I'm thinking of using 0.28G, but I'm not entirely sure. Naturally I'll be using Geoffs Super Precision branded BBs.

Edited by Voodoo.

• Supporters

What FPS are you getting? Did you flat hop the Prommy rubber or is it one of their ones without the bump?

Try a few different weights and see what works best with the gun pal.

.28 shouldn't be a problem for any modern non budget aeg though, except for TM who can hop a .28 but just sling .25s like nobodys business.

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

What FPS are you getting? Did you flat hop the Prommy rubber or is it one of their ones without the bump?

I'm not entirely sure, I haven't tested the FPS yet due to only having access to Nuprol 0.20Gs,  which is why I'm planning on ordering Geoffs SP 0.28G BBs, as I heard they're some of the best quality BBs. I also sent the AEG away to get upgraded by Ross from The Cage, so I'm not sure if he flat hopped the prommy rubber. All I know is that the upgrades I listed above were installed, as I heard the VFC internals aren't all the best, so most of the upgrades were to ensure longevity, whereas I was told the barrel would increase the range.

Edited by Voodoo.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Voodoo. said:

I'm not entirely sure, I haven't tested the FPS yet due to only having access to Nuprol 0.20Gs,  which is why I'm planning on ordering Geoffs SP 0.28G BBs, as I heard they're some of the best quality BBs. I also sent the AEG away to get upgraded by Ross from The Cage, so I'm not sure if he flat hopped the prommy rubber. All I know is that the upgrades I listed above were installed, as I heard the VFC internals aren't all the best, so most of the upgrades were to ensure longevity, whereas I was told the barrel would increase the range.

OK, he's fitted a flat hop nub so if he hasn't flat hopped the rubber or used one of their straight, moundless rubbers then that's odd. I'd say it should be fair to assume that it's running around 350fps (you could probably ask him to see what it chronoed at when he modified it - if he didn't test it then that's a problem). 0.28 should be no problem at all. If he has flat hopped it then you may well be able to go heavier.

Do you have the full details of what he put in?

More to the point, was this a new gun being upgraded or one you've had for a while?

30 minutes ago, Lozart said:

OK, he's fitted a flat hop nub so if he hasn't flat hopped the rubber or used one of their straight, moundless rubbers then that's odd. I'd say it should be fair to assume that it's running around 350fps (you could probably ask him to see what it chronoed at when he modified it - if he didn't test it then that's a problem). 0.28 should be no problem at all. If he has flat hopped it then you may well be able to go heavier.

Do you have the full details of what he put in?

More to the point, was this a new gun being upgraded or one you've had for a while?

All the upgrades I sent to him were installed, and it was chrono'd at 350FPS with 0.20G BBs.

I got the gun new and immediately sent it to Ross for an upgrade, as again, I heard the internals weren't exactly the best, so I wanted to increase longevity haha

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Voodoo. said:

All the upgrades I sent to him were installed, and it was chrono'd at 350FPS with 0.20G BBs.

I got the gun new and immediately sent it to Ross for an upgrade, as again, I heard the internals weren't exactly the best, so I wanted to increase longevity haha

Fair enough. To be honest it would have been fine for a while but each to their own!

At 350 FPS 0.28 should be absolutely fine, flat hop should allow you to use heavier ammo though so test it with the 0.28 ones and see how it goes. If it's overhopping them, start looking at heavier weights!

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Fair enough. To be honest it would have been fine for a while but each to their own!

At 350 FPS 0.28 should be absolutely fine, flat hop should allow you to use heavier ammo though so test it with the 0.28 ones and see how it goes. If it's overhopping them, start looking at heavier weights!

Gotcha, thanks! I got all these upgrades to prepare for England V Scotland, but now I've no clue how many BBs, batteries etc I'll need to bring, as I've never participated in a multi-day event haha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.