Advice on what AKS 74u to get.

RipsawDPM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've decided to go for an AKS 74u again, in the past I've gone through a CYMA AKS that had some terrible external quality out of the box and a BOLT AKS 74u that at first I loved until everything slowly fell apart on me and came loose. I've been looking at getting an E&L because of the quality but through my own research apparently they have pretty bad externals problems like canted sights and the LCT AKS looks pretty decent but I do see areas on the rifle that aren't correct to the real thing and I'm a stickler when it comes to that type of stuff. Any AK nuts out there that can point me in the right direction to hopefully my new AKS 74u 😅

• Supporters

The bolt externals are pretty nice, shame the internals didnt work out for you.

personally out of e&l and lct i'll take e&l any day of the week, neither brand are totally immune to canting (although not had it from either) but the e&l externals personally i think are nicer (the bluing, lack of airsoft markings etc) and the internals are much better (read: actually good).

Basically my rule of thumb is if e&l make it choose them, if only lct makes it then fair enough.

I guess I have to get a kalashnikov shrine and pray that nothings canted on the damn thing, I don't think I can mentally go through it again after what I did to my poor CYMA 74u 😂

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The bolt externals are pretty nice, shame the internals didnt work out for you.

personally out of e&l and lct i'll take e&l any day of the week, neither brand are totally immune to canting (although not had it from either) but the e&l externals personally i think are nicer (the bluing, lack of airsoft markings etc) and the internals are much better (read: actually good).

Basically my rule of thumb is if e&l make it choose them, if only lct makes it then fair enough.

1 hour ago, RipsawDPM said:

So I've decided to go for an AKS 74u again, in the past I've gone through a CYMA AKS that had some terrible external quality out of the box and a BOLT AKS 74u that at first I loved until everything slowly fell apart on me and came loose. I've been looking at getting an E&L because of the quality but through my own research apparently they have pretty bad externals problems like canted sights and the LCT AKS looks pretty decent but I do see areas on the rifle that aren't correct to the real thing and I'm a stickler when it comes to that type of stuff. Any AK nuts out there that can point me in the right direction to hopefully my new AKS 74u 😅

I have had bad canted sights from both E&L's and LCT's. The worst being on an LCT TKMS which had to be returned it was so bad! 

Ran my E&L SU for a game yesterday, I always forget how bloody good it is ! 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, RipsawDPM said:

Which CYMA model was it? I had the CM045 and it was great!

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Which CYMA model was it? I had the CM045 and it was great!

It was the weird plum handguard one, the front iron sight was completely left, rear sight block canted right and they hadn't even put the rear sight in the middle of the dust cover , it was bolted on offset. I cried when i first looked at it and realised if I wanted to send it back it had to go to taiwangun 🥲

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.