G&G GR25 Malfunction

BoneyT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good evening Hive Brain. So my son and I were at Driver Wood yesterday and he was using his G&G GR25 when towards the end of the day it just locked up on him. Today we put in a fresh, fully charged battery but still nothing. My son tells me he's seen on google that if you fire too quickly this can happen.

My questions are:

1. Is he correct?

2. If not, then what are the likely causes?

3. How do we fix it?

Thank you brothers and sisters!

My local site has this with their rental guns - spam the trigger too fast and it locks up. A quick burst on full-auto sorts it, can't remember if that's with the mag out or not though - will pay more attention at the briefing next time! (not got my own RIF as yet, can you tell? 😝)

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will be along soon to help out.

YouTube how to unlock a gearbox. Pistol grip off, motor out, thin Allen key hook it round anti reversal latch and pull. YouTube it. 

Just now, RonLancs said:

YouTube how to unlock a gearbox. Pistol grip off, motor out, thin Allen key hook it round anti reversal latch and pull. YouTube it. 

Sorry, sounds quite abrupt, in the middle of the office haha 

My son had a similar problem with his G&G predator and turned out to be caused by him being to heavy handed when squeezing the trigger and basically forced the trigger sled, I think it's called a sled -  the bit that the trigger pushes against to then make contact and fire the gun, to far back for it to work normally. I bought a new trigger unit and replaced it in the gearbox (scary as 😉 myself and all is good for now. Well until he does it again in all his excitement.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.