Need a MOLLE vest or plate carrier

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

does antone have any recommendations for a MOLLE plate carrier or vest. I've been looking at the Defcon 5 Recon Harness bu not sure if it will be able to hold enough pouches?

Looking for something for a bit over £100 new

so any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

had a look and thet're pretty pricey and can't see them in DPM or OD

need to fit quite a lot as i'll be using it for ACf aswell

How much do you want to carry? I've got a Phantom Plate carrier, so fewer loops than what the one you're looking at, and it'll take 10 M4 mags, 4 M9 mags, radio, bayonet, water bottle and 6 flashbangs no problem. Never been in ACf so no idea what you'll need for that, but for airsoft it'll be more than good enough. In the past I've done the odd mil-sim event using real cap mags - for this I found wearing a chest rig over the plate carrier worked quite well, as it gave me the ability to carry another 10 mags, but I could take it off in about 10 seconds if I wanted to crawl forwards. Once it was done it just got bundled into my backpack and all good. This might be a good option, depending on how much you're carrying?

Also on that subject, depending on how tough you need the vest to be, it may be worth going for a far cheaper vest. For airsoft use, I've found £30 plate carriers to be just as good as £100 plate carriers. Obviously they won't be nearly as durable, but for running around the woods and crawling through ditches they're all pretty good.

Viper are pretty good, even if they are a bit standard. With the weather so ridiculously hot atm, I'm starting to use one like this now

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIPER-MODULAR-VEST-C...G-/190520378667?

pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item2c5be6452b#ht_1233wt_1117

If not I'd go for one of the good old osprey vests - they're not the most fancy, but they're absolutely covered in MOLLE, and are designed for use in stupidly hot environments, so a good choice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MLCE-Osprey-SAS-Moll...a#ht_1234wt_883

i would do marksman but they're all out of stock

For cheaper stuff... go with viper or BULLE, that gives you plenty of money to spend on pouches and other gubbins... for the slightly more expensive get any of the above mentioned or perhaps a 5.11 VTAC Vest... i may be slightly biased as its the vest i use, but i have seen no bad comments about them whatsoever... they come in OD so you'll be fine there, they have a pouch built into the inside to carry a hydration pouch (i fit a 2l one in there) they are very lightweight and breathable, they have hidden document/map pockets on the inside... you can carry maps, any paper things in there and perhaps even some BB's... although i dont use them... its not the colour you are looking for but theres one going on ebay atm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-11-TACTICAL-MOLLE-...f0#ht_500wt_922

either DPM or OD, but the money has to buy everything

From what i got, anything to match DPM for ACF so i guess it has to be an acceptable colour... :P Wait for the WARRIOR RICAS to come in stock :) sounds amazing, i really want one now that marcus mentioned it to me a few days ago :lol:

yea it has to be od or dpm for acf! I will probs send them a message about it.

Thanks marksman and everyone so far, big help!

He has over £100 and you're suggesting viper :rolleyes:

if he haas the money why get second best?

what colour are you after?

I already said if he wants to spend money... all i was trying to do was suggest ways to save money... it may be different to they way you get your gear, but when your starting out... that left over money can go to spare mags, boots, camo, guns etc...

Sorry if i sounded rude, im just uptight at the moment

yea i got you, no worries,

as for the ricas they said 2 weeks and some some more in

Archived