Charger Help -ASG A450

BetaprojectAK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

I’ve recently got back into airsoft and couldn’t seem to find my original charger, so decided to buy an ASG A450 charger as it was able to charge a large amount of battery types including the two types I use, Lipo and Nimh batteries. The Lipo charge function seems to work fine, however the Nimh does not. The led light holds red when I first plug in the battery, however after about 10mins the light starts flashing. I have tried this with two brand new batteries and it does the same thing to both of them. I’ve checked the manual as well, but it only mentions to check the polarity of the connection and if the problem persists then it’s due to a dead battery? However these are brand new! Hope someone can help.

thanks 

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately you picked a bit of a shit charger - sorry. You won't find anyone recommending a 'dumb' charger such as the A450 on here.

A charger with an LCD screen will tell you the cell voltage(s) of your packs and will help you with troubleshooting battery issues.

If you can send the charger back - do it. You can buy one of these for a few quid more (assuming you paid ~£30 retail) and it is an excellent bit of kit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.