Glock front sight removal

StiparEA

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am trying to remove glock front sight(DEFOOR black serrated from AMERIGLO) so that I can install a FO sight for my old eyes. I applied blue loctite when I installed it a few years ago. I cannot get the front sight screw to budge. Prefer to save the front sight so looking for any words of wisdom before I break the front sight.

Or, I may just paint the Defoor serrated black front sight with orange nail polish but that seems...heretic?

Tricky. Loctite should break it’s hold using hand tools only.

Is it a hex bolt? You can extend an Allen key pretty easily with a ring spanner to get more on it - although be careful not to round it.

You can also drill it out but that’s has it’s own set of difficulties.

17 hours ago, StiparEA said:

I am trying to remove glock front sight(DEFOOR black serrated from AMERIGLO) so that I can install a FO sight for my old eyes. I applied blue loctite when I installed it a few years ago. I cannot get the front sight screw to budge. Prefer to save the front sight so looking for any words of wisdom before I break the front sight.

Or, I may just paint the Defoor serrated black front sight with orange nail polish but that seems...heretic?

Carefully use a hair dryer to heat up the area, which will soften up the blue loctite I assume you are taking off a metal slide?  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.