Jump to content
Airsoft Forums UK

The TM AKM thread


sp00n
 Share

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Mine has arrived!!!! The recoil is much more than the MWS and it is very satisfying on full auto.

Whooooop! 🙌🏼
Looking forward to a review young man! And don’t forget a video 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/08/2021 at 17:54, emilianoksa said:

Sadly a pot metal receiver on an AK doesn't do it for me.

 

Even the higher end Cyma aeg AKs have stamped steel receivers these days.

 

And I believe the WE AK gbbrs do too.

 

Being a TM I imagine the performance will be top notch though.

Did you see badabings review? He definitely was not impressed with the performance. I’m betting he’ll be like the majority or gbb Ak owners n stick with our ghk s. 
from what I’ve seen of the stock end of the receiver too; someone’s gonna have to perform a surgical miracle to get wood on that , up in this bitch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
2 hours ago, Sboardley said:

Did you see badabings review? He definitely was not impressed with the performance. I’m betting he’ll be like the majority or gbb Ak owners n stick with our ghk s. 
from what I’ve seen of the stock end of the receiver too; someone’s gonna have to perform a surgical miracle to get wood on that , up in this bitch. 


I must have seen a totally different review to you, i though he liked it overall, and was impressed with the performance, he even highlighted the trigger for its crispness. Also check out the grin he gives after the mag dump in the short vid he put up, yesterday iirc.

 

the end of the receiver is like that to reinforce and support the plastic stock…. It actually very well thought out and I believe it’s removable (according to the break down pics in the manual)

 

In other news … took mine to a game day today (first game back for a long time), gun performed well but it needs a better hop arm, and a npas, as I had to drop down to 0.25’s to get my FPS legal etc. Also you NEED the Tm speed loader, I am not joking, I tried 4 different ones and I just couldn’t get it to load (might have been me though I am abit rusty these days 🤣). Lots of people was wanting a go, general opinion is, fake wood looks better in real life, it kicks slightly harder then a mws, range seems ok on 0.25’s but it needs a hop arm etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the whole wanting steel externals is quantified when you look at the cost of the RIF vs others.

The MWS fitted the bill as it’s alloy anyway in RS, but you also got Cerakote and that nice hop design, which given the amount of fresh air around an AK hop unit there is no reason the couldn’t have done.

I mean I’ve machined an MWS hop unit into my GHK 74.

 

Yes TMs are renowned for performing and reliability but in this day and age, and with these GBBRs averaging £500 you want a proper replica with proper materials.

 

Just like MWS owners, no one really wants to dump £££ on a 416 kit.

 

And I couldn’t agree more with whoever said they should have made the 74 series.

 

Also really surprised they shortened the barrel to 200 when it’s days long outside!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Sboardley said:

Did you see badabings review? He definitely was not impressed with the performance. I’m betting he’ll be like the majority or gbb Ak owners n stick with our ghk s. 
from what I’ve seen of the stock end of the receiver too; someone’s gonna have to perform a surgical miracle to get wood on that , up in this bitch. 


I wouldn’t be too sure about that mate. 
My initial impression was of disappointment, not really on the external side of things as, after all, TM are strictly a toy gun maker that are governed by the regs in their nation. 
 

The staying power from first to the last shot is what bugged me most. One of my magazines really struggles to accept a gas (propane) charge to ensure it punches the last shots as strong as the first. The others almost act like they’re full but then stop spurting liquid gas out and continue charging regularly. Weird. 
 

They’ve taken on enough gas for just over 2 and a bit FA mag dumps. Sweet!

 

Now the only thing that requires some attention is the HU. It doesn’t lift 0.30g bbs very well. Easily remedied though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hop arm is terrible it was putting pressure either side of the mound on the hop rubber. I struggled lifting .28 on full hop, I've just replaced the stock rubber with a ML Mr hop I had laying around and it's lifting .32 now with ease. 

20210809_193816.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters

There will be a hop arm in a month or so … if not I’ll have a go at designing one (cannot be as bad as that mk23 arm I had metal 3d printed 🤣)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Yeah so that stock range is pretty awful huh

Yeah mine was really poor wouldn't lift anything more than a .25. I've switched out buckings now and there's a huge difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters

Tbh I didn’t think the stock range on 0.25’s was that bad 🤷‍♂️, mine seemed ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Danno46 said:

So when you replace the fake wood with real trees, and put a better metal receiver in place, is it still a TM? 

Yes… however very unlikely you’ll be able to replace the receiver with a metal one as I can’t see a third party creating one. 

.

Once a TM always a TM no matter what upgrades you do lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm actually quite impressed with mine, I wanted to dislike it, ended up buying one. 

 

My hop rubber was greasy. 

 

It's not blued but most russian AKM variants aren't.

 

I'm fitting a GP25 later so I'll see how that goes, and it needs some actual tree fitting to it, but the faux wood is not bad.

 

I've a 90s ultradot on it, and it's shooting really nicely on 0.25s (some cqb sites have a 0.25 limit near me)

 

I'd spent the morning at a militaria fair fondling de act AKs, Type 56s and all manner of variations and this is bloody close enough.

20210811_184349.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bet that was quite insightful handling all the de-act real steels.

 

There are so many variations in AK manufacturing locations and time periods, the end product variables are small but many

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/08/2021 at 20:57, Bada Bing said:


I wouldn’t be too sure about that mate. 
My initial impression was of disappointment, not really on the external side of things as, after all, TM are strictly a toy gun maker that are governed by the regs in their nation. 
 

The staying power from first to the last shot is what bugged me most. One of my magazines really struggles to accept a gas (propane) charge to ensure it punches the last shots as strong as the first. The others almost act like they’re full but then stop spurting liquid gas out and continue charging regularly. Weird. 
 

They’ve taken on enough gas for just over 2 and a bit FA mag dumps. Sweet!

 

Now the only thing that requires some attention is the HU. It doesn’t lift 0.30g bbs very well. Easily remedied though. 

Hmmmm.  
AKedOLTIuIr7J3D1T2yAyiqP0MDqLjLZELo9bsY7BadaBingPictures

Hi bro, I seemed very negative about this AK. I’m used to it now though and it’s performing better. I had some issues charging the gas but I think I’ve figured it out now.

so, when I watched your review I got the distinct impression you were as you said ‘ disappointed… but I guess since me posting that you changed your mind like a fanboy and had to correct me. I mean, you don’t want to jeopardise the chance of free stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
2 hours ago, Sboardley said:

Hmmmm.  
AKedOLTIuIr7J3D1T2yAyiqP0MDqLjLZELo9bsY7BadaBingPictures

Hi bro, I seemed very negative about this AK. I’m used to it now though and it’s performing better. I had some issues charging the gas but I think I’ve figured it out now.

so, when I watched your review I got the distinct impression you were as you said ‘ disappointed… but I guess since me posting that you changed your mind like a fanboy and had to correct me. I mean, you don’t want to jeopardise the chance of free stuff. 


pretty sure he said it was an unboxing/first impressions video …. And a full review would be coming. I believe he also said he paid for it.

 

TM will never give out any freebies to anyone out side of Japan, TM do not them selves sell anything outside of Japan…. 
 

what’s wrong with changing your mind? And what’s wrong with being a fan of a brand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sp00n said:


pretty sure he said it was an unboxing/first impressions video …. And a full review would be coming. I believe he also said he paid for it.

 

TM will never give out any freebies to anyone out side of Japan, TM do not them selves sell anything outside of Japan…. 
 

what’s wrong with changing your mind? And what’s wrong with being a fan of a brand?

I’m sure Bing can speak for himself; But change yer mind, say so. Don’t just put someone’s summary of their opinion down as not true/ never happened innit?

and I wasn’t necessarily being tm specific…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeez relax SBoardley. You might break your keyboard mate. I wasn’t having a go at you. We’re all just here chatting about toy guns. 
 

First of all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a “fan boy”. I don’t know why folks get a hard on by using that phrase as an insult.
I love TM. And what. 
 

Secondly. I bought it with my own money. Even if I was gifted an item, I thoroughly test said products and reveal all and any issues surrounding that particular unit. If you happened to have caught any of my videos where I was given free items you’d know that. Reviewers aren’t all alike you know. 

 

Thirdly. One of my AK mags struggled to take on enough gas to produce results which I was expecting. 
My other mags seem to have a better appetite and produce the performance I was looking for. This is a prime opportunity to test out varying levels of the Green Gas Mod to get the best out of that troubled magazine. 
 

Also remember that’s not a review. Overview containing my opening impressions on it. I’m still building experience with their latest AKM, and I’ll be making the review once I’ve grasped a good understanding of it. It’s a constantly evolving process that never ends. 
Reason why I’ve revisited the M4 MWS a few times over the years with its progress. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Bada Bing With the mags in mind, have you tried swapping the gas fill valve between one of your good ones and the ‘duff’ one?

 

Ive noticed this on MWS mags, there is sometimes a lemon fill valve and it won’t take gas on.

 

Would be curious to see what you find

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...