The TM AKM thread

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Holy balls that hand guard really changed the AK profile.

Looks good! Got a parts list for the externals?

https://shop.jkarmy.com/mwc-stock-adapter-for-marui-tm-akm-gbb-series-1.html?fbclid=IwAR0NNl9V0-CCt5eZHIF1Qm_67Ut44qNK4MWU3W-_sxKIx0uEhj7pJOmAr4o 

https://shop.jkarmy.com/5ku-sport-1-kit-rail-for-ak-74-ak-series-black-tan.html 

I didn't do it but I know the rail required modifying to fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 16/01/2022 at 22:49, DeltaSniper said:

Anyone have any news on where to buy spare magazines yet?

Everywhere is out of stock!

I believe airsoft direct (my local shop) has some (they recently got a huge tm delivery)

On 29/01/2022 at 18:09, KamilKK said:

hi guys,...new to this forum..

Found quite interesting video on youtube

VERY interesting, but I could only find EMG AEG bodies.

Either I missed something in the video (modification of body) or AKM internals fit an AEG (which would be great)

I sure would love to use mine, if only I had more mags for it...

Waiting-Memes-52918-aad4877.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2022 at 18:09, KamilKK said:

hi guys,...new to this forum..

Found quite interesting video on youtube

Hello,

I have just received from JK Army, the Dytac Sharps Bros MB47 lower receiver (1913 version) :

spacer.png

Can you confirm if it's compatible with the Texas Weapon Systems top cover ?

Also can someone confirm that the Dytac lower receiver is compatible with the real steel SLR AK ION 6.5" Lite MLOK :

Thanks

Edited by Raydee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone fitted a Hephaestus CNC Steel AK Trigger to the akm yet? I'm looking at getting one but dreading taking the trigger mech apart to fit it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about buying an AKM next month, but I'm surprised the mags are basically out of stock in everywhere. GBBRs are not good at compatibility, how did you find the spare mags, or are you still waiting? Such a shame, looks like a great gun.

2 hours ago, werkzeug said:

I was thinking about buying an AKM next month, but I'm surprised the mags are basically out of stock in everywhere. GBBRs are not good at compatibility, how did you find the spare mags, or are you still waiting? Such a shame, looks like a great gun.

Apparently places are expecting stock around the end of July on mags, but I imagine they're going to get snatched up super fast and may sell out immediately with some sites taking pre-orders on them. My friend has 4 mags total, but he's buying another 5 as soon as he can and can carry that many mags in his Russian kit. I will get 7 myself if I can afford it (3 rig, 2 belt, 2 leg rig, 1 in gun), though I'm happy to settle on my MWS as I only really use my AK for Vietnam games or events where I can't use my gucci kit.

This is an example of the only two people I know who have the AKM, so I assume that there are a lot of other people in exactly the same situation as us. Those mags are going to disappear so quickly... 😢

10 hours ago, Impulse said:

Apparently places are expecting stock around the end of July on mags, but I imagine they're going to get snatched up super fast and may sell out immediately with some sites taking pre-orders on them. My friend has 4 mags total, but he's buying another 5 as soon as he can and can carry that many mags in his Russian kit. I will get 7 myself if I can afford it (3 rig, 2 belt, 2 leg rig, 1 in gun), though I'm happy to settle on my MWS as I only really use my AK for Vietnam games or events where I can't use my gucci kit.

This is an example of the only two people I know who have the AKM, so I assume that there are a lot of other people in exactly the same situation as us. Those mags are going to disappear so quickly... 😢

Would you recommend buying a GHK AKM or WE AK instead? I'll be upgrading the internals and the furniture. WE having full bolt movement is a good bonus though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been looking to add one to my collection recently but as with previous posters, just zero mags available anywhere.  Wish TM would sort their shit out

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what after market pistol grip will fit the TM AKM. 

I've been looking at the 5KU metal grips, but I can't see if they fit the TM AKM or they are just for LCT / GHK etc?

Any advice would be appreciated.

On 20/09/2022 at 16:44, KamilKK said:

any that fits gbb should be fine

https://shop.jkarmy.com/searchanise/result?q=ak pistol grip

i used pts us palm and fits no problem

Thats great, thanks so much for replying and the link 

Hello,

Does anyone have the TM AKM GBBR Manual ?

I can buy a printed copy or the scan (.pdf) version of the manual.

The reason is that I am on my way to build an AKM Based Marui with the following aftermarkets parts :

- RS SLR Ion 6.5" handguard + RS SLR Gas tube

- Dynamic Tactical 6.5" Light Mlok EXT Extended Conversion Kit (i will only use the MIRCO DRACO Style AK Front Sight Assemble, MIRCO DRACO Length Outer Barrel (183mm), MIRCO DRACO Style Dummy Piston, Dummy Gastube)

- Dynamic Tactical Sharps Bros MB47

- Bowmaster Steel internals set

- RS Top cover

- RS Grip

- RS JMAC Stock

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Edited by Raydee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Made sure me and my friend got some, but there's 14 left on Fire Support if you guys want to get some mags! I picked up 5, so now I have 6 total and it's usable! Will be my backup rifle for Vietnam games in case my m700s are having issues (or might use it at the same time as my m700 if I can work out the sling configuration I want. Big guy, so 2 rifles isn't too bad of an issue)

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-gbb-akm-magazine-35-rnd?fbclid=IwAR3lEerj1Vb11Q0hMVV4-5M2tAjVvZiV_fDw4C9nUaN8spJVKGqK-v5ZmuU

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.