The TM AKM thread

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Mate you missed all the best bits because @Jedi_Master the miserable fucker deleted it😜

images.jpeg.jpg.063f06268634cf90512231a36376cb3e.jpg

Well bugger ! 🤬

58 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I hope it’s biodegradable 😂😂😂

It is , but does leave a sticky residue ! 😬

On 18/08/2021 at 07:17, Cromulon1994 said:

Out the box... I should add.

I traded it yesterday for KC02 set up. Someone apparently jumped on my sales post but I never actually saw it.

Frankly, the AK is perfectly fine. It has its niggles, such as the wood being plastic, however its biggest issue is Marui not dealing with anyone outside Japan and the magazine supply. I know one airsoft shop was managing to sell spare mags for £120.

I told the guy I did the trade with this.

It's going to be weeks or even months before more arrive, which is crap.

I would, in all honesty, buy an early GHK AKMS given all options, but mates who had a look at this TM were all pleasantly surprised.

I would have another, but in 12 months.

Mine was perfectly shootable out of the box.  My mate hasnt really touched his either and it runs lovely.  People fuck with them and then go, oh this is shit....when its their own fault

• 3 weeks later...

Got an AKM too, I want to upgrade the hop arm to accept omega nub/i-key but i saw that @sp00n is gonna 3d print it - so I am gonna wait for it before trying to file down the og one :D

Also, all the GHK fans just go and create your own thread, yes we know, its not real steel receiver, its not real wood - go and be happy about it in GHK thread and leave us to be happy about our AKM's here :) 

Edited by TadsJ2

Anvil Airsoft TV and Clearwater Airsoft did a BIO BB test on various airsoft gnus two of which were the AKM and the MWS. Phil Bucknell of Clearwater Airsoft really likes the AKM and he quoted that it's really growing on him :). Oh, the results of the BB test which are interesting too lol

Edited by AlphaBear

7 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Anvil Airsoft TV and Clearwater Airsoft did a BIO BB test on various airsoft gnus two of which were the AKM and the MWS. Phil Bucknell of Clearwater Airsoft really likes the AKM and he quoted that it's really growing on him :). Oh, the results of the BB test which interesting too lol

Just watched it...  And yeah i kinda had the same reaction from guys in my range this sunday...
Guys were like - oh its a GBBR AK, noice, what manufacturer - TM - oh, is it that new one? is it real steel? - yes and no - meh not a real steel receiver... not interested, after i fired at the enemy seconds later the same guys that talked to me previously - damn that sounds nice, can i have some test shots - * after firing couple rounds * - damn, thats nice! i got to get one...
What i want to say, its really well made, there is no play between parts, no jankyness, everything is smooth, really a quality product so it is easy to be loved, only the hop up arm has to be fixed to accept nubs and it will be shooting heavier bbs no time.  

Edited by TadsJ2

8 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

I have regrettably sold mine. Just won't get used as often as the MWS but it was very satisfying to shoot.

I will probably have to sell sth in my collection as well but not gbbr's :D 

So, first diy "mod" that you can do and gives me great performance - and doesnt include filing of hop up arm

I've found an easy fix for hop up arm not being able to accept nubs - just make the nub fit :D 

What I did - i took a hollow round shaped AEG nub (pretty much the same as TM MWS stock nub, but softer rubber) and cut it in half and i've put it inside my hop up arm -> since it fits perfectly inside the round shaped compartment of the hop-up arm -> it applies more consistent and stronger pressure on my 2021 Decepticon 60o -> I am now perfectly hopping 0.36g bbs with hop up set on 5/8.

Its probably not the best solution -  i think it would be better to fill in the rounded compartment of the hop up arm with something like omega nub rubber cut to the size, if you would do it neatly it would act as omega nub itself and give a flat pressure on the hop up rubber.
Gonna give it a try. 

EDIT: 
So with omega nub cut to the size it hops 0.4 g bbs with ease, but there is another issue, its really hard to get for it to consistently hop lighter bbs as this combination is too stiff :) 
Gonna go back to aeg nub since i wont be playing with more than 0.3g :)

20210914_151613.jpg

With omega nub cut to size

20210914_153524.jpg

AEG nub cut to half, along side is the TM MWS stock nub

20210914_153633.jpg

With aeg nub inside hop up arm

Now this is probably not the best of the solutions and aftermarket (or filing it down) should make it even better but it is a great solution until aftermarket becomes available and it is light on your wallet ;)

Edited by TadsJ2

• Supporters

Well my initial plan of making a 3d printed hop wheel won’t work, as it’s pretty maxed out atm.

I have not had the time to design a better arm, but I am gunna try a cheap fix …. I cut some electric tape and put it over the hop arm around 6 layers, then trimmed it to suit … no idea if it’s gunna work and not had chance to test it yet … hopefully gunna get some range time soon

• Supporters

Tested the hop tape mod, and it hopped .36’s fine on its lowest setting. I didn’t have any other bb’s to test different weights etc.

now I just need to drop the FPS down from 275 to below 260

Hey folks,

I'm hoping to get the AK shortly, but its firing at 1.1 Joules

Here in N.Ireland we have a 1J limit. Is there a mod or anything to reduce the fps available or will be out shortly?

Thanks

Edited by sjhirst

• Supporters

I have ordered a blowmaster low power rocket valve, no idea what it’s like etc as it coming from Hong Kong. 

I am gunna try and use that to get mine under  when using .36’s was too hot at last chrono

ah right, cheers. Yes, saw Ollie mention Bowmaster and didn't realise there was other items!

as it is, the deal fell through on the used one i was looking to buy :(

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to start (another) argument, but I was looking at the nuance between 47 & 74 gas blocks the other day. What I noticed is that the Tm akm gas block looks , well … wrong? They seem to have straightened it. Traditional 47 has a curved front to the 45 degree sweep, as opposed to the 90 degree 74. Anyone else noticed this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I just ordered my AKM a few days ago, and was trying to pick a new barrel but am getting alot of somewhat conflicting information. I would like to be in the 380-400 (1.5ishJ) range and was considering a crazy jet and the 370mm laylax mws barrel (6.03), opinions and suggestions welcomed and wanted lol

I was also looking at the 60 silicone Mr Hop amd the 70 silicone autobot for buckings

• 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.