The TM AKM thread

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Greetings comrades, and welcome to the TM AKM thread.

The glorious AKM has now been reproduced as an airsoft gbbr.

EE86D032-48BB-4C7D-9A81-6A0D19C694D1.thumb.jpeg.2c7abb31cd1f148e57799461e439946f.jpeg

This is a highly realistic gbbr (not that I have handled an ak mind), and thus is doesn’t have a bolt lock feature… no after the last bb, you get the dead mans click (hammer falls but no other action), just as our glorious solialist motherland demanded.

it also has a highly fiddley dry fire mode … I’ll explained it later.

other wise function wise it’s just like a aeg ak.

first issue I have found is the humongous gas tube …. It’s longer than a cricket test match!

E33DE315-862F-4F17-B643-51DD5834F5CC.thumb.jpeg.a033bffe66756497ea4d39b5da41d518.jpeg

this limits the amount of gas that you can hold in the mag (about 5seconds worth of green gas)

but there is a simple solution, just like our enemy Yankee brotheren… cut the tube in half and you vastly increased the amount of dissidents you can send to Stalin per fill  (15s fil =70+ semi shots before cool down)

highly recommended film :- AK-47 Kalashnikov

• Supporters

guess the all important question is what's the reciever made of?

i for one would find anything less than blued steel on such a gun a bit of a deal breaker :(

I am impressed with the fact that the wood furniture is actually plastic interesting to see how well it holds up over time. 

The pistol grips looks like a decent faux version of a bakelite pistol grip from the pictures I have seen. I wonder if it looks as good in real life as it does in the pictures?

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

I am impressed with the fact that the wood furniture is actually plastic interesting to see how well it holds up over time. 

The pistol grips looks like a decent faux version of a bakelite pistol grip from the pictures I have seen. I wonder if it looks as good in real life as it does in the pictures?

This is a fair point, i'm assuming if its not rs fitment it wont be long before aftermarket wood is available.

Hence asking about the reciever, the one part thats gonna be hardest to change.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

guess the all important question is what's the reciever made of?

i for one would find anything less than blued steel on such a gun a bit of a deal breaker :(

This is partly why you're going to struggle to convince me it's better than a GHK. Having seen the rwtv video on it I'd still rather have the GHK. Not that I'd even consider the TM until they started bringing out a 74 anyway. 

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

This is a fair point, i'm assuming if its not rs fitment it wont be long before aftermarket wood is available.

Hence asking about the reciever, the one part thats gonna be hardest to change.

Sadly the receiver is  die-cast zinc and only the receiver cover is steel, according to TM own advertising time stamp 0:51 for the info. 

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

This is partly why you're going to struggle to convince me it's better than a GHK. Having seen the rwtv video on it I'd still rather have the GHK. Not that I'd even consider the TM until they started bringing out a 74 anyway. 

Its a tricky one, the we (and now tm) ones seem better designs out of the box (granted the we is spoiled by poor materials) with the full stroke dead mans click.

But then folks buying a high end ak are kinda gonna want steel.

I suppose if it gets the popularity the mws did then aftermarket recievers are a possibility.

Certainly its a deal breaker for me, even on a 74

• Supporters

I honestly don’t know why people are getting hung up on it not being a steel receiver.

historically TM never made metal body guns

or is it just trib’ism? I don’t mean to offend just wondering.

I wouldn’t get too hung up over the externals in 6months there will be various wood/body kits etc.

What we should be doing is celebrating a new rif that isn’t another M4 or variation etc 😝😝 (FYI I like m4’s … there is just soooo many off them)

2 hours ago, sp00n said:

I honestly don’t know why people are getting hung up on it not being a steel receiver.

historically TM never made metal body guns

or is it just trib’ism? I don’t mean to offend just wondering.

I wouldn’t get too hung up over the externals in 6months there will be various wood/body kits etc.

What we should be doing is celebrating a new rif that isn’t another M4 or variation etc 😝😝 (FYI I like m4’s … there is just soooo many off them)

You’re absolutely spot on there….

I’m sure it’s gonna be epic out of the box too and probably straight forward to ‘enhance’ if needed. I’m waiting for a mate of mine to get one as I’m curious to give it a go. Haha 

I am so on the fence between either getting an AKM next week or getting just a second MWS/M4

If I get another MWS I will be spending a lot of time and money to turn it into a blond diamond CAR-15. But at the end of the day it will still just be another M4

And yes agreed @AlphaBear TM need to get a GBB MP5 out ASAP! I love my WE but I would love a TM too.

• Supporters

Some interesting discoveries today

The inner barrel is only 200mm long and the hop is an arm design (sorry about the crappy pic, it’s really had to get a decent pic as both the arm and the hop unit are black metal)

4F56514D-D633-44BC-89C9-6E340B713AFC.thumb.jpeg.38be8591e79b533bfc2d6b0694e26bbe.jpeg

I am gunna wait for a better upgrade as it’s a bit loose for my liking

also for those who cannot live with out an optic (as there is no traditional ak side optic mount) I have a solution 

8C59573B-E414-4E8B-8966-093DE898AB1B.thumb.jpeg.d1a666ed4808184fd23e9eac66e2399d.jpeg

a cheap £13 rear sight picatinny rail off amazon 😎👍

Edited by sp00n

7 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Some interesting discoveries today

The inner barrel is only 200mm long and the hop is an arm design (sorry about the crappy pic, it’s really had to get a decent pic as both the arm and the hop unit are black metal)

4F56514D-D633-44BC-89C9-6E340B713AFC.thumb.jpeg.38be8591e79b533bfc2d6b0694e26bbe.jpeg

I am gunna wait for a better upgrade as it’s a bit loose for my liking

also for those who cannot live with out an optic (as there is no traditional ak side optic mount) I have a solution 

8C59573B-E414-4E8B-8966-093DE898AB1B.thumb.jpeg.d1a666ed4808184fd23e9eac66e2399d.jpeg

a cheap £13 rear sight picatinny rail off amazon 😎👍

Nice upload. Do you mean the hop arm is loose for your liking?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, sp00n said:

I'm a sucker for blued steel, and i like the feel of a gun with a bit of heft to it.

That's pretty much it, i think alloy on an ak is too reminiscent of the old jg/cyma rentals which whilst i wont deny are good shooters for the cash they dont age all that well.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I'm a sucker for blued steel, and i like the feel of a gun with a bit of heft to it.

That's pretty much it, i think alloy on an ak is too reminiscent of the old jg/cyma rentals which whilst i wont deny are good shooters for the cash they dont age all that well.

Ahh Cyma AKs, now there's an airsoft gun. My first ever AEG

I think there is no denying that this will lose to the GHK on externals any day of the week. But even so I reckon TM have done a good job with the materials used.

Will report back when mine arrives. Of course wood kits will eventually come too.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Nice upload. Do you mean the hop arm is loose for your liking?

Yeah but not side to side (on the hop patch), more up and down … I figure it’s just a moulding tolerance where the hop arm sits inside the hop wheel

Interesting hop design that.. well for TM I mean... for some reason I was expecting a MWS type hop but I guess the AK mag well is a different form factor in that respect which warrantied a new design? Not that I know anything about AK hop units per se... lol. But only a 200mm barrel? How far is it from the end of the barrel? 

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Interesting hop design that.. well for TM I mean... for some reason I was expecting a MWS type hop but I guess the AK mag well is a different form factor in that respect which warrantied a new design? Not that I know anything about AK hop units per se... lol. But only a 200mm barrel? How far is it from the end of the barrel? 

I was thinking it was gunna be mws style too, I had it all planned out with a super nub 😞

I guess it’s different as the mws has quite the unusual arrangement with the hop, where as the AK, is simple by comparison 

The barrel, it’s approximately 220 - 230’ish mm from the tip of the outer barrel to the inner

Sadly a pot metal receiver on an AK doesn't do it for me.

Even the higher end Cyma aeg AKs have stamped steel receivers these days.

And I believe the WE AK gbbrs do too.

Being a TM I imagine the performance will be top notch though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.