Umarex G36K possible for HPA?

Adan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everybody thanks for reading my post.

I would like to fit an HPA engine into my UMAREX G36K, I think is built by ARES . I can't figure it out which gearbox it has, I've search on the Polastar and other manufacturer sites, also EVIKE or other vendors  but it's not so clear to me as they don't mention specifically this rifle. How can find which one is the best fit? Any suggestions for a really good engine? I've been reading some posts and some people had to adapt the kit into the gearbox.

• Supporters

pretty much any aeg is possible to hpa, the question is how difficult it'll be to acheive.

a standard cylinder drop-in like the f2 would be the obvious choice, it'll come with either a v2 or v3 triggerboard but if the gun is doing something weird you can use a plugboard and wire in to the original trigger contacts.

the only other area will be nozzle length. you can either find one for a gun with a similar length, get a longer nozzle and machine it down yourself, or send the measurements to polarstar who can make custom nozzles to order.

there may be some fettling required- filing off stuff on the inside if it's catching on the gearbox, drilling holes for airline/cable routing etc.

i still hold the f2 is the best all-rounder engine on the market currently in terms of offering the level of tunability you'd want from the likes of a fusion engine, with the flexibility to be dropped into a much wider array of guns.

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

pretty much any aeg is possible to hpa, the question is how difficult it'll be to acheive.

a standard cylinder drop-in like the f2 would be the obvious choice, it'll come with either a v2 or v3 triggerboard but if the gun is doing something weird you can use a plugboard and wire in to the original trigger contacts.

the only other area will be nozzle length. you can either find one for a gun with a similar length, get a longer nozzle and machine it down yourself, or send the measurements to polarstar who can make custom nozzles to order.

there may be some fettling required- filing off stuff on the inside if it's catching on the gearbox, drilling holes for airline/cable routing etc.

i still hold the f2 is the best all-rounder engine on the market currently in terms of offering the level of tunability you'd want from the likes of a fusion engine, with the flexibility to be dropped into a much wider array of guns.

Hi, 

Thanks for your detailed question

What I'm trying to figure it out is which gearbox do I have, I'm not 100% sure if it's a V3. Someone told me it will fit an F2 V3/AK but same, not sure about this. Usually the options are not very clear like on that Evike screenshot.

evike.png

• 4 weeks later...

To follow up my project of converting HPA into an ARES G36,

To answer my own question, yes it is possible although it's difficult to find Polarstar parts world wide, and long shipping times. I found the F2 engine on powair6.com and the nozzle (had to purchase nozzle and engine separately),the switchboard and reinforced hose from Amped airsoft, the FCU from Easy Airsoft. 

It required a few modifications, I needed to file a tiny bit (I reckon 0.1mm) of the F2 because it was blocking the trigger mechanism, also there's a cable that has to be soldered into the switch. To plug the FCU I required to put a mini-tamiya plug for the LiPo battery. So far looks good, I also upgraded the inner barrel from a 285mm into a 455mm 6.01mm madbull, with a madbull shark hop up rubber. The inner barrel is longer than the outer barrel so I included a silencer to cover the inner.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-27 at 15.34.51.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 25/09/2021 at 18:05, #blackadder said:

I’d like to do the same (F2 into G36). How is it performing ?

So far is good but the tuning was more complex than I expected sometimes makes dry fires, I used an extended inner barrel (madbull) and it's very precise on 30-40 meters so even using a scope is handy.

• Supporters

Dry fires sound like dn/dr, cant remember which is the opening one (the manual should clarify, i wanna say dn is opening delay and dr is closing delay) but increase that a tad might help feeding issues.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.