MP7 - Painted or Classic Black. Vote now

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

MP7 Painted or Black  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do I or don't I?

Hello,

@quango2k R-04 has painted his MP7. R-02 I have not.

7ef7946d-0fd4-4973-b2ed-0379130c184c.thumb.jpg.228f394b983b4b1ca33d7122c7323bab.jpg

His now

226192386_1921788827976304_2539062398815173130_n.thumb.jpg.de199b2d899db72f120ead3c830ebce8.jpg

Both guns will be virtually identical once my grip and bottom rail arrive. Only difference will be the PEQ device and how the light is mounted.

The outcome of this poll will decide If I do or do not. Comments Welcome!

Ku dhawaad 4 milyan oo Mareykan ah ayaa mar horeba codeeyay, iyagoo soo la  saadaalinayo tirada ugu badan ee ka qayb gasha doorashada. - Som Modern  Media

Depends if you ever want to sell it. Painting it no matter how good a paint job lowers value. However if you are going to keep it do what ever makes you happy.

Do or Do not, my opinion matters not :)  

Personally I think they both look good. I love a well painted gun, but also love a plain one.

At the end of the day its your choice as your the one using it.

Helpful I know :D 

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Do or Do not, my opinion matters not :)  

Personally I think they both look good. I love a well painted gun, but also love a plain one.

At the end of the day its your choice as your the one using it.

Helpful I know :D 

What species is Yoda? Plus how is he related to Baby Yoda - Radio Times

black looks great as long as iot is clean and sharp. when it starts to wear and break in then i think its a different question. keep it shiny as long as its... shiny then paint it.

5 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Do or Do not

3 hours ago, Groot said:

What species is Yoda? Plus how is he related to Baby Yoda - Radio Times

unnamed.png.e8c976ae139138638494e47f42b9ef38.png

Bad jokes aside, I'd paint it but that's just because I enjoy painting my pew toys

Edited by Cannonfodder

1 hour ago, remus said:

black looks great as long as iot is clean and sharp. when it starts to wear and break in then i think its a different question. keep it shiny as long as its... shiny then paint it.

This /thread

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I love a well painted gun .

As do I , unfortunately it’s very rare you see a well painted gun as most look like they’ve been painted by a chimp having some kind of fit ! 🤦‍♂️

When you see painted guns in films like Lone Survivor, or on SEAL Team, or even real life like Obi Wan Nairobi/Chris Craighead, they do look cool AF, especially when they're 'worn in'. Sadly, the majority of painted guns I've seen on airsoft sites (or in the classifieds recently 🤢) look utter dogshit. 

Your mate's however looks pretty good, but I'd always have in the back of my mind that a paint job is very personal. As others have said, if you want to sell it, your're knocking a few quid off the asking price. But how can you put a price on your enjoyment? 

In conclusion, do what you feel man and enjoy it. And at the end of the day, it's an MP7, so automatically you're cooler than at least 68% of other players on the field!

Guest Mr. No_Face

The painted MP7 looks awful IMO. Literally looks like it was dragged through the mud.

I don't think the job was executed well enough.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

• 1 year later...

I think the other one is better looking because the wear pattern is more genuine. By genuine I mean you can basically picture his grip and the usage pattern from the wear marks.

It seems you have tried to artificially recreate the wear pattern but, like many other similar attempts by other people, because it's not a real usage pattern, it doesn't look as good as the real ones IMO.

I would argue the only way to a great wear pattern is to wear it off naturally. Maybe even choosing the paint that have better flake-off characteristics or something, because the real steel patterns (at least the better looking ones) seem to have more flaking/chipping offs than fading offs. So perhaps the secret is in the precision or resolution of the wear pattern, i.e. the sharper the better. But it also depends on the body material I guess.

(Can't find good examples but this one has sharp flake offs:)spacer.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.