Elite Force TAR-21 Modding - looking for some help please

Henners

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Looking to add some aftermarket internals to an Elite Force TAR-21 'Elite' model I've had for a good 5 years... and never used lol.

- FPS is a little high - considering an M90 or even M80 spring - which brands are known to work well with TAR-21 models? I understand the gearbox is proprietary.

- Considering a 6.01mm stainless steel barrel, 509mm - 535mm

- Would like the add a MOSFET as well - no idea where to start re. brands and types with these.

- Hop-up and Hop rubber - not sure if this is worth touching, or just leaving as stock parts - would appreciate advice on this.

Primarily looking to run this as an outdoor setup circa 350 fps with a 1 - 4x scope... would anticipate using on semi mainly, but  would like it to be able to squirt with a high ROF when the occasion arises.

Also, does anyone know how to disable the EBB mechanism on these AEGs?

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Henners said:

Hi all,

Looking to add some aftermarket internals to an Elite Force TAR-21 'Elite' model I've had for a good 5 years... and never used lol.

- FPS is a little high - considering an M90 or even M80 spring - which brands are known to work well with TAR-21 models? I understand the gearbox is proprietary.

- Considering a 6.01mm stainless steel barrel, 509mm - 535mm

- Would like the add a MOSFET as well - no idea where to start re. brands and types with these.

- Hop-up and Hop rubber - not sure if this is worth touching, or just leaving as stock parts - would appreciate advice on this.

Primarily looking to run this as an outdoor setup circa 350 fps with a 1 - 4x scope... would anticipate using on semi mainly, but  would like it to be able to squirt with a high ROF when the occasion arises.

Also, does anyone know how to disable the EBB mechanism on these AEGs?

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

How high of an FPS is too high? An M95 should do the job.

That length barrel is pointless as the stock barrel is too long for even the full cylinder that is in the gearbox, you will be undervolumed. I put a ZCI Tightbore 407mm inner barrel in my Tavor with no issues, it could also bring your FPS down enough to not worry about changing the spring. 

Proprietary gearbox so optical mosfet is out, use either a Warfet for Pre-cocking or a standard basic Perun (Like myself). 

I use a Prommy Purple and nub in my hop unit to good effect. However I had to replace the stock arm with a better M4 style hop arm to get enough lift to use .28's. The gears on the hop unit are also pretty crappy, so replaced those too. (It's a proprietary hop unit, so you cant just replace it).

There are a couple of bolts on top of the gearbox that attach to the sprung EBB plate. Just remove the bolts to disable EBB.

Edited by Asomodai

Thanks for the advice Asomodai - what bore did you get with your ZCI Tightbore barrel? Also, do you know what the volume of the standard cylinder is in the TAR-21?

Not really familiar with the Warfet nor Perun - is there much of a difference?

FPS is currently circa 400 fps with 0.20g bb and a 509mm barrel

Cheers for your help!

1 hour ago, Henners said:

Thanks for the advice Asomodai - what bore did you get with your ZCI Tightbore barrel? Also, do you know what the volume of the standard cylinder is in the TAR-21?

Not really familiar with the Warfet nor Perun - is there much of a difference?

FPS is currently circa 400 fps with 0.20g bb and a 509mm barrel

Cheers for your help!

Its the standard full cylinder on any AEG. If you want to run heavy ammo with consistency, best go shorter to 402mm. It might even drop the FPS enough to 350. Though its more like you'll need a M95/M100 spring. 

Warfet has pre cocking and other options. Perun basic lacks those features. In truth you can pick any mosfet that does not require to be housed in the gearbox. 

26 minutes ago, Henners said:

Hey Asomodai (and all), do you know what the volume of the Elite Force cylinder volume is by any chance? 

Cheers! 

No. But It's the same as any other standard type 0 cylinder. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.