Jump to content
Airsoft Forums UK

Tokyo marui strike warrior mags.


 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, hope you're all well, just a quick question about compatable mags for this platform, I've been told to stay away from WE cause they leak like a sieve, I'm down to 1 mag as my lad just lost the rest of them as his dump pouch mysteriously fell off at the weekend. Thanks for the help any info would be much appreciated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get the Tokyo Marui M45A1 mags. They hold more gas then the standard TM MEU ones. They work great in my Strike Warrior. 

Considering how limited gas capacity is for 1911 types like the Strike Warrior. You need to invest in proper TM mags over anything else. I believe Army Armanent mags will work, but they piss gas if you look at them funny. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great thanks for the info, just out of curiosity have you had any problems with the cycling of the strike warrior mine stops after 2 or so mags I've stripped it and cleaned it but still does it most times, has it ever happened to you, the wee fella runs the foliage warrior and it is flawless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2RIR said:

Great thanks for the info, just out of curiosity have you had any problems with the cycling of the strike warrior mine stops after 2 or so mags I've stripped it and cleaned it but still does it most times, has it ever happened to you, the wee fella runs the foliage warrior and it is flawless. 

 

I am not sure what you mean by stopped cycling. What do you have to do to get it cycling again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I mean when I'm firing after about 2 or 3 mags the slide kicks back but won't go fully forward and just stops as if it was out of gas but there's plenty in the mag, I was told be4 it was because I was using green gas, it's to powerful for the gun it could damage the internals and that's why its not firing properly, and to use black gas but I've been told that was bull so I'm out of ideas at the moment

Edited by 2RIR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like it either needs a bit of lube on the slide, the nozzle is sticking, or the nozzle return spring is a little weak. 

 

Only use Green gas or 144A in the strike warrior. The detonics slide is so lightweight you'll just destroy it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Sounds like it either needs a bit of lube on the slide, the nozzle is sticking, or the nozzle return spring is a little weak. 

 

Only use Green gas or 144A in the strike warrior. The detonics slide is so lightweight you'll just destroy it.

Got it sorted the nozzle was sticking took it apart and lubed it seems to be working fine now, as for the mags I got the raven meu mags, not as many bbs as the tm but for £16 cheaper than the tm mags I'll manage, thanks for the help it's much appreciated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, 2RIR said:

Got it sorted the nozzle was sticking took it apart and lubed it seems to be working fine now, as for the mags I got the raven meu mags, not as many bbs as the tm but for £16 cheaper than the tm mags I'll manage, thanks for the help it's much appreciated. 

Sorry you'll regret that really should have spent the money and got the Tokyo Marui M45A1 mags they are worth the money fire support have then £25 each. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/07/2021 at 17:02, 2RIR said:

Got it sorted the nozzle was sticking took it apart and lubed it seems to be working fine now, as for the mags I got the raven meu mags, not as many bbs as the tm but for £16 cheaper than the tm mags I'll manage, thanks for the help it's much appreciated. 

 

Raven are even worse then the WE mags you were complaining about in the first place. Good luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters

I'd have to say BB capacity is low on the list of what I'd care about in terms of the construction and characteristics of a GBB mag.  Quality of the seals, valves and gasket is the main thing; and I've got TM mags over a decade old with no maintenance that are still gas tight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do intend to get tm mags without a doubt but all the sites I've went on are out of stock, the only reason I got the raven mags was they where at my local shop and I know him well l, he's guaranteed me tm mags as soon as he gets them in stock and if the raven leak within 6 months he'll refund me, he's also ordered me a new nozzle just to be safe, hopefully get sorted soon, but thanks for the advice. 

On 31/07/2021 at 19:14, Asomodai said:

 

Raven are even worse then the WE mags you were complaining about in the first place. Good luck. 

Temp solution just to the tm mags come into stock

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...