Crye Precision G1 Clothing

PickaxePete

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to put some of my old stuff on eBay / on here to see if it would be of interest to players or collectors.  It was some of the first Crye kit in the country afaik, and has been in use for near a decade now, so it's been worn in!

I've got a Crye Precision G1 Field Shirt, no pads (LG / R) in great condition (barely used) and a pair of Crye Precision G1 Combat Pants, with pads (34 / R) that has some wear and tear but still feels like there is a lot of life left in them.

Wondering what I should be looking for, given the scarcity of these items now.

Tagging @TheFull9 bc he knows his shit on this subject!

Regards,

Pete

Edited by PickaxePete

• Supporters

Supply?  Non-existent.  Demand?  Not really all that much overall tbh, which is wrong imho but 99.9% of people don't even know the provenance and huge amount of history and lineage these things have which did/do influence basically all uniforms to this day.

Also most demand is in the US and eastern asia, tiny bit in Europe and essentially none in the UK so it'd about reaching the right audiences.  If you only list on UK eBay you'll be hampering yourself, definitely need to get in the big crye groups on facebook as well.

On 26/07/2021 at 12:27, TheFull9 said:

Supply?  Non-existent.  Demand?  Not really all that much overall tbh, which is wrong imho but 99.9% of people don't even know the provenance and huge amount of history and lineage these things have which did/do influence basically all uniforms to this day.

Also most demand is in the US and eastern asia, tiny bit in Europe and essentially none in the UK so it'd about reaching the right audiences.  If you only list on UK eBay you'll be hampering yourself, definitely need to get in the big crye groups on facebook as well.

Thanks.  Good feedback.  I had a similar experience selling my old paintball markers.  In the UK would have got me £60 if I was lucky, collector in the US bought it for $1000 on a specific FB group.  I'll check out some CRYE specific FB groups for this.

Appreciate your experience, as always!

Pete

• Supporters

Certain Crye stuff is always collectible, but you can't just say 'crye' as a catch-all because the price difference between something that looks exactly the same externally but has a different label can be astronomical.  I'd be a tad doubtful the uksf cosplay crowd want Gen 1s because I've never personally seen a pic of our sf in them and what they've mostly been pictured in over the years is ACs and other custom gen 2s then just regular G3s more recently.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.