Shortage of airsoft items in UK

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was looking through the web page of one of the UK's top retailers.

The number of guns and magazines that are sold out was striking. And it has been that way for months.

So I tried another top retailer and it was the same story.

And another. And so on.

Of course I know the reason for this, but it got me thinking. Will they ever be able to restock? Will they even be able to continue trading if this lack of product continues.

I know most airsoft stuff is produced in China, but there appear to be serious shortages of stuff from Taiwan too.

From what I understand its a 'Perfect Storm' or 'Double Whamy'

Covid has affected production in the East (and still is)

PLUS

The Brexit shit show has essentially cut us off from stock in Europe.

So we'll have to wait for the UK suppliers to get their orders direct from Asia once production catches up with demand.

Don't expect any bargain prices except on old stock stuff.

Edited by EDcase

I emailed Enola Gaye (Uk firm) about the lack of EG67 nades....had a email back (Which I was surprised about) saying they would be re-stocking retailers beginning of July....they were waiting on their own suppliers..(Maybe china?)   I'm still waiting...  I want some boom boom!  :)

I to have noticed my local(ish) retailer when going in every other month the distinct lack of bits & bobs and mags...  I was speaking with a site owner the other week and he's saying prices will be going up.  ASG & NUPROL have increased their prices 10%+..but it's down to the retailer to either absorb the price hike or pass it onto us....

I went and stocked up with some BB's from my new fav online BB supplier. :)

Edited by Monkman

Luckily I have all the gats I need.3 aeg,s and I gbbr. Three pistols and plenty of mags for all.

All I need is bbs and gas.

Which seem to be in abundance.

If I need another gat there is always the classifieds 👍

Regards 

The Ever Given should have finally reached the Netherlands by now. Reckon there’ll be a few Airsoft items amongst that lot.

49 minutes ago, Homeless Snail said:

I've been told aswell that prices will be going up. Sad for me that I'm still missing one game and a couple days to get my ukara... =|

Sorry to hear that mate.  Maybe keep an eye on classifieds to get a better bargain but make sure it isn't in Macks 😉

I'm lucky that I don't want anything else for a while

Yeah, this has been a problem for a while. I’ve noticed it particularly with GBB’s, especially WE’s. I’ve been waiting on stocks of XM177’s and M16A1’s coming in and they’re just nowhere to be found. As EDcase said, it does seem to have been the perfect storm. Hopefully things will start to settle down and we’ll get supplies through.

Its not just Brexit related as most of the products were coming from outside the EU anyway, its mainly COVID.  I spoke to the owner of 1 well known retailer who said that the costs of shipping have sky rocketed.  A container which would have cost $3000 now costs $14000.  Similarly, air freight prices have gone up.  Add into that companies like Nuprol snaffling the distribution rights to lots of brands and then choking the supply on purpose and you have the shit show we have now.

Edited by EvilMonkee

• Supporters

And long term, it's a balance of trade issue.  China sends us shiploads of cheap tat, and in return, we send them... not much, really, and very few bulk goods.

That's one reason why prices have jumped, it's covering the costs of sending empty ships and empty containers back to Chinaland.

17 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Its not just Brexit related as most of the products were coming from outside the EU anyway, its mainly COVID.  I spoke to the owner of 1 well known retailer who said that the costs of shipping have sky rocketed.  A container which would have cost $3000 now costs $14000.  Similarly, air freight prices have gone up.  Add into that companies like Nuprol snaffling the distribution rights to lots of brands and then choking the supply on purpose and you have the shit show we have now.

I go out of my way to avoid buying anything that carries the Nuprol label.

I will not buy LCT products again either.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

And long term, it's a balance of trade issue.  China sends us shiploads of cheap tat, and in return, we send them... not much, really, and very few bulk goods.

That's one reason why prices have jumped, it's covering the costs of sending empty ships and empty containers back to Chinaland.

That's why I chose to rehome an unwanted shipping container - it now lives a happy life up the end of my garden. Remember, shipping containers are for life, not just for Christmas (gifts).

On 24/07/2021 at 20:03, Monkman said:

I emailed Enola Gaye (Uk firm) about the lack of EG67 nades....had a email back (Which I was surprised about) saying they would be re-stocking retailers beginning of July....they were waiting on their own suppliers..(Maybe china?)   I'm still waiting...  I want some boom boom!  :)

Correct, it is from China.  Enola Gaye have their own factory out there 

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I used to export to Asia and North Africa.   The hurdles grew ever higher.   

Anyhow...  talking to old mates in shipping,  you are not far wrong. 

The hang up of refrigerated shipping in south America doesn't help either.   A hell of a lot of shipping is stationary and someone has to pay.  

On 24/07/2021 at 21:19, Super64 said:

Yeah, this has been a problem for a while. I’ve noticed it particularly with GBB’s, especially WE’s. I’ve been waiting on stocks of XM177’s and M16A1’s coming in and they’re just nowhere to be found. As EDcase said, it does seem to have been the perfect storm. Hopefully things will start to settle down and we’ll get supplies through.

I have an excellent condition WE m16a1 that will need a new home shortly. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Homeless Snail said:

I just noticed... I was going to get a G&GSR-30 from a store near me and the price just went from 359.99 to 415£... Amazing...

It's actually surprising that prices haven't jumped faster and higher than they have.  Retailers are missing a trick, fortunately for us.

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

It's actually surprising that prices haven't jumped faster and higher than they have.  Retailers are missing a trick, fortunately for us.

Im thinking of paying someone to let me use theyr ukara so i can get a rif... Im gonna play my last game ar ambush Airsoft this sunday but i have to wait until September to get the 56 days done... I mean... It was a raise of 60£... Do you imagine how many portuguese wine i can get for that price? ( Yes, im portuguese...)

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Homeless Snail said:

Im thinking of paying someone to let me use theyr ukara so i can get a rif..

Yeah..... don't do that.

Glad I already got the RIF’s that I want.

Don’t breach the UKARA rules….

These stock shortages are great, honestly. It means I can easier resist the temptation to buy stuff before I've responsibly paid off debts from a rough part of my 20s, because lord knows there's stuff I want to buy... *gazes wistfully at google doc list of things I want to get*

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.