AEP help needed

ibo7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My Cyma Glock AEP has mysteriously stopped working, tried all 3 batteries and nothing happening at all.

Can anyone point me to what to look at first? Any common known faults with these pistols?

IMG-20210723-WA0013.thumb.jpeg.1f733aafb0d7f7a4d49fca043960e809.jpeg

is it completed dead or can you feel hear it trying to turn? which version is it? if it's not the newer version with a mosfet have you checked the fuse?

2 hours ago, BigStew said:

is it completed dead or can you feel hear it trying to turn? which version is it? if it's not the newer version with a mosfet have you checked the fuse?

Completely dead, not working at all. Weird as it was perfectly fine up until now.

Yes it's the older version without mosfet, where can I find the fuse on the pistol? I've never opened up a pistol before

• Supporters

Do they have a fuse?  I honestly can't remember, I've rewired mine and gone with Deans connectors.

They are quite fiddly to disassemble, with lots of little parts to lose, but there's a comprehensive guide here:

And I'd always recommend buying a basic multimeter which takes so much of the guesswork out of it.

Sight unseen I'd expect it's either a broken solder connection, or the trigger, which is a teeny, fiddly thing.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Do they have a fuse?  I honestly can't remember, I've rewired mine and gone with Deans connectors.

They are quite fiddly to disassemble, with lots of little parts to lose, but there's a comprehensive guide here:

And I'd always recommend buying a basic multimeter which takes so much of the guesswork out of it.

Sight unseen I'd expect it's either a broken solder connection, or the trigger, which is a teeny, fiddly thing.

I've found the fault, the trigger latch(I made that up) doesn't quite go forward enough, when I hold the trigger down and just push it forward slightly, it cycles fine.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

IMG_20210724_164006.jpg

• Supporters

If you have a look at 5:00 in the video above, he highlights that there should be a small spring pressing down on the trigger bar.  If it's weakened or missing, I'd replace it.  I don't recall the size offhand, but a piece of spring from inside a pen might do the job.

44 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

If you have a look at 5:00 in the video above, he highlights that there should be a small spring pressing down on the trigger bar.  If it's weakened or missing, I'd replace it.  I don't recall the size offhand, but a piece of spring from inside a pen might do the job.

I seem to have lost the spring but that still doesn't fix the issue, the issue is the trigger bar doesn't go forward enough when the trigger is pulled

• Supporters
On 25/07/2021 at 14:53, ibo7 said:

I seem to have lost the spring but that still doesn't fix the issue, the issue is the trigger bar doesn't go forward enough when the trigger is pulled

Hmm, the triggers are pretty mushy, but the bar does need to be pushed down in order for it to engage the trigger.  I'd definitely want to replace that spring. Ah, I did take a (bad) picture of it. The stock one is slightly conical, larger at the bottom where it pushes on the bar, but anything that fits might help.

image.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.