Take the hint , it ain’t selling !

Druid799

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tommikka said:

But I don’t agree on ‘being used to buying at below what it’s worth’

‘Worth’ is a widely changing variable - what is X worth for Fred to buy, and what is C worth for Bob to sell?

i think the intention of the statement was that if you have something more niche, you could either wait for a buyer who understands its value and wants it, or keep dropping the price to widen the market to sell it quicker.

if you take the latter route you would be selling it for less than it's market value, but it's a price paid for the benefit of a quicker sale.

i was kinda surprised when i was selling the 42 for example that it sold relatively quickly, i'd been mentally preparing myself for a long wait as it's a relatively niche item and anyone who "just wants an lmg" would be buying the myriad m249's and m60's that were cheaper.

• Supporters

I reckon there's relatively little in airsoft that can have a "market worth" put on it.  Volumes are too low, and there are so many variants and differences in condition.

Markets work when buyers are selecting from a range of comparable sellers, and going with the lowest price (or best value service).

Not so much when we're saying "Yeah, it would cost £X new, if anyone had it, but they don't". or "Something a bit like that, but not really, might have sold for £Y, three months ago, maybe."

• Supporters
4 hours ago, AirsoftNewb said:

I think the guns in classifieds are well over priced

Generally, yes, and it's pure cringe to see someone list the full amount that they've spent on retail parts for their custom Frankengun, and then knock off maybe £20.

There are a few bargains to be had down at the lower end, but you need to get in really quickly, and I agree that they're all a gamble.

Of course people are free to ask for whatever they like. The dreamers thread is more of a guide to buyers and sellers, while having a bit of fun with it a long the way.

I can't speak for everyone but whenever I price the stuff I'm selling, I of course go in a certain amount under new retail, however with me there is always the question of "do I definitely want to sell this?

As such if I were to list it at a bargain price 1) You're still going to get the Wheeler Dealer wannabe asking for X amount off 2) If it sells within in a couple of hours, you're going to wonder if you could have gotten more.

So yeah if it's not selling and I'm still fairly certain I want to move it on, I'll just drop the price by £10-15 here and there. I've never been pulling my hair out, desperate to sell. From a buyers perspective, all I can say is the only negative feedback I've ever received on here, was when I decided not to sell to someone 😬

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

FFS It’s NOT a poxy licence ! It’s simply a registration on a nationally recognised database of site affiliated players , if you can prove by any other method your a regular player you don’t even need a UKARA ‘licence’ ! 🤦‍♂️

It turns out that all the newbies coming on here talking about getting their licence are right based on the original proposals put forward by industry during consultation while the VCR was a bill:

https://www.popularairsoft.com/news/ukasgb-ukara-aba-proposal-vcr-bill

The Scheme would involve the following:

• The ABA would undertake to issue Player Licenses. This would result in recognized players.
  • The UKASGB would undertake to register, monitor standards and regulate itsmember sites. The sites would either register with the police or the local authority.
  • Not all sites are members of the UKASGB for varying reasons. However, we feelthat this should not preclude them from forming their own body and then applyingfor HO recognition.
  • UKARA would undertake to register dedicated Airsoft retailers and provideguidelines and standards for their operation. We also propose that dedicatedAirsoft retailers be registered with the local constabulary so as to provide an audittrail that is transparent and clear for examination.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

It turns out that all the newbies coming on here talking about getting their licence are right based on the original proposals put forward by industry during consultation while the VCR was a bill:

https://www.popularairsoft.com/news/ukasgb-ukara-aba-proposal-vcr-bill

The Scheme would involve the following:

• The ABA would undertake to issue Player Licenses. This would result in recognized players.
  • The UKASGB would undertake to register, monitor standards and regulate itsmember sites. The sites would either register with the police or the local authority.
  • Not all sites are members of the UKASGB for varying reasons. However, we feelthat this should not preclude them from forming their own body and then applyingfor HO recognition.
  • UKARA would undertake to register dedicated Airsoft retailers and provideguidelines and standards for their operation. We also propose that dedicatedAirsoft retailers be registered with the local constabulary so as to provide an audittrail that is transparent and clear for examination.

BUT no fucker has ever heard or seen any of this so your argument is moot ! 😁

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Druid799 said:

FFS It’s NOT a poxy licence !

I reckon @AirsoftNewb knows this and is having a bit of fun.

I also reckon that he'll never actually play and my £5 remains on the table if anyone wants to bet against that.

13 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

There are a few bargains to be had down at the lower end, but you need to get in really quickly,

Yes, but also no. The 'uncompleted' are still worth a message. My (perceived) bargain of a shotgun says so....but as you say this was a lower end item. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.