Name of a type of battle belt?

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Brain is failing me as is my Googlefoo. What's the name of the molle belt that has an inner belt that goes through your trouser belt loop? Or did I imagine it?

• Supporters

you mean the frv type belts?

https://frvtailoring.co.uk/products/frv-tailoring-black-shooters-belt

other manufacturers i'm sure are available frv's just the one i can remember.

don't know if there's a specific term for that type or not.

They're colloquially called "Shooter's Belts"

All based on either the Eagle or Ronin belts.

In the UK you have two top notch manufacturers, FRV and TacBelts.

You could go with Emerson/FMA clones, but from what I've seen over here, they're just as expensive as FRVs but with the obvious lack of quality.

• Supporters
On 23/07/2021 at 15:34, Skara said:

They're colloquially called "Shooter's Belts"

All based on either the Eagle or Ronin belts.

In the UK you have two top notch manufacturers, FRV and TacBelts.

You could go with Emerson/FMA clones, but from what I've seen over here, they're just as expensive as FRVs but with the obvious lack of quality.

Having seen and handled the TMC one it's really not bad at all.

As for FRV...nah. They might be good at what they do but they're shocking at handling orders. TacBelts are great and I'd recommend them over FRV any day of the week. I can also recommend Deadly Customs https://deadlycustoms.co.uk/product/deadly-customs-shooters-belt/

I'd also recommend the OPS/UR-Tactical ones (available in the UK here: https://www.hueys.co.uk/epages/es151784.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es151784/Products/"OPS Dring Cobra Warrior MC" or direct from HK via their own website https://www.ur-tactical.com/product-category/belt-suspender/).

On 23/07/2021 at 17:30, rj1986 said:

There's some Aliexpress ones for £20'ish that are pretty decent. Have a look in the just bought thread

Me and my mate run these and theyre a bargain!

The only time mine failed on me is when i forgot to adjust it after putting on some weight.

Warrior assault systems do one too, i have 2 friends that run those and have nothing but good things to say about them.

If my budget wasn't so tight when i bought i probably would have got the warrior one, that said for my usage it almost certainly wouldnt have been worth the extra expense.

• Supporters

Flimmuur via British Tactical and Luminae are some quality ones made here to take a look at; imho.

Interestingly, the US never really seemed to all agree on a general naming convention for these, despite that they seemed to originate there - though I don't know who sold the first one other than the fact it definitely wasn't that Ronin fraud.  The closest they got was probably Micro PALS belt but every brand over there I've looked at says something different.  The UK brands seem to have agreed on Shooters' Belt as a naming convention though which is handy for gooling.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

that Ronin fraud. 

? Ooh do tell more, stolen valour etc ?

• Supporters

Not that far I don't think.  You'd have to read in to it, I've heard some very colourful tales about supposed fuck-ups while he was in; and his entire persona now is the most absurd cringe bs of any tactical celebirty going imho.  Born in Vietnam and uses all the over-done Ninja/Samurai bs cliches going on social media.  Every product design is a rip-off.

Then the OG manufacturer is Eagle with their Operator's Belt.

Tasmanian Tiger's "warrior" belt is like this.

The Crye MRB is also quite well known, although it's very pricey!

The aforementioned TMC and Emerson belts are clones of it. I would agree that the TMC one is decent, although it does go for about 80 quid iirc

• Supporters
2 hours ago, jimmykells said:

Tasmanian Tiger's "warrior" belt is like this.

The Crye MRB is also quite well known, although it's very pricey!

The aforementioned TMC and Emerson belts are clones of it. I would agree that the TMC one is decent, although it does go for about 80 quid iirc

Just bought the TMC Ronin shuto for £15 s/h, seems like l got a bargain ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.