In need of all TM 416 NGRS OWNERS help!!

Matty9107

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, im in need of some help!

So after upgrading to a Titan GATE, 6.03mm barrel, purple bucking and flat hop set up during lockdown i was so eager to play again. I went out on Sunday and whilst setting the hop and re-zeroing the sight back in i noticed my bbs were curving left everytime after about 50mtrs, i figured it was the new flat hop not sitting right?? Fairly quick and easy fix i thought until my body pin wouldnt come out, completely stuck and wouldnt budge at all! After getting a little bit too aggressive with it (screwdriver and hammer 🤦🏻‍♂️) i've cracked my lower receiver on the back end by the buffer tube and now cant find any in stock anywhere online! FURIOUS!!

Are there any after market lower receivers that would fit a TM? Im thinking about welding it if i cant find anything else to fit, has anyone had any similar experiences like this and how did you sort it?

Thanks in advance

Matt

short term you could fit a laylax M4 lower receiver but you might loose the ambi selector function. Long term talk to Frank at fire-support and he can order the part from Japan. It takes time but can be done.

Good luck finding another lower for the 416's, I had mine crack and I tried using epoxy to fix it but its just not strong enough

Eagle6 occasionally have them in every now and then but its only in very small numbers and then sell out very quick

Frank at fire support is your best bet. Using a screw driver and hammer to access an NGRS was not a great move. I hope you get it fixed soon!

8 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

short term you could fit a laylax M4 lower receiver but you might loose the ambi selector function. Long term talk to Frank at fire-support and he can order the part from Japan. It takes time but can be done.

Interesting! Is it a direct fit or would there be some modding to do? To be fair i rarely use the ambi fire selector anyway so that wouldnt be a huge loss if it means getting the gun operational again asap.

I will drop Frank a message thanks for the heads up 👍🏻.

6 hours ago, JamesWills said:

Good luck finding another lower for the 416's, I had mine crack and I tried using epoxy to fix it but its just not strong enough

Eagle6 occasionally have them in every now and then but its only in very small numbers and then sell out very quick

Ahh shit! Yeah im suspecting nothing short of an alluminium weald would sort it short term, it would look ugly but might work 🤷🏻‍♂️. How did you get around it in the end? Patience for it to come in stock??

6 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Try impulse101 in Japan... they will have them... Trying to get hold of TM parts in the UK is still a pain... has been for over a year...

Already looked on Impulse101 and Echigoya and cant find them in stock, its so annoying yo have a gun you cant get parts for! Do you know why its been such a pain??

5 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Frank at fire support is your best bet. Using a screw driver and hammer to access an NGRS was not a great move. I hope you get it fixed soon!

I know man, completely my own fault 🤦🏻‍♂️, it was impatience and frustration that lead to it, i was desperate to get the gun running as the games had already been started for half an hour! Cheers mate 👍🏻.

the 416 lower receivers are slightly wider than the M4 lower receivers. This is because the 416 has gears attached to the side of the lower receiver for the ambi selector. The 416 lower also has cutouts for the double cogged bar that joins the 2 selectors together so you get the ambi function.

If you fit a M4 lower you can't use the double cogged bar and the receiver pin that holds the gearbox in place inside the lower receiver will stick out by a couple of mm.

11 hours ago, Matty9107 said:

Already looked on Impulse101 and Echigoya and cant find them in stock, its so annoying yo have a gun you cant get parts for! Do you know why its been such a pain??

It's worth dropping the guys at Impulse a message as they will let you know if there's a production cycle coming up (as is my understanding with TM, they don't produce all the guns, all the time)

Alternative is go to the classifieds and grab a 2nd hand one and sell the spare bits you don't need to make some cost back.

10 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

the 416 lower receivers are slightly wider than the M4 lower receivers. This is because the 416 has gears attached to the side of the lower receiver for the ambi selector. The 416 lower also has cutouts for the double cogged bar that joins the 2 selectors together so you get the ambi function.

If you fit a M4 lower you can't use the double cogged bar and the receiver pin that holds the gearbox in place inside the lower receiver will stick out by a couple of mm.

Amazing! This is gonna be my fix, i really dont care about the ambi function, im right handed and rarely switch hands and after fitting the Gate TITAN the lower receiver pin falls out anyway so i need to get the better one to stop that so this M4 lower seems like the way to go 🥳. Cheers for your help mate, much appreciated.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.